Senators take aim at Lockheed's F-35 ...

Senators take aim at Lockheed's F-35 program -- Weaponry, Harri...

There are 5 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jun 4, 2008, titled Senators take aim at Lockheed's F-35 program -- Weaponry, Harri.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Lockheed Martin Corp. 's F-35 Joint Strike Fighter ran into more turbulence Tuesday as Congress grilled senior Pentagon officials about efforts to rein in the most expensive weapons system in U.S. history.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Sebastian

Tallahassee, FL

#1 Jun 4, 2008
ALLEN WEST IS AN AMERICAN HERO I CAN TRUST!!!

www.allenwestforcongress.com

VOTE ALLEN WEST FOR CONGRESS!!!
Nobody

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#2 Jun 4, 2008
Lockheed Martin, one of the largest members of the military industrial complex. It is an empire unto itself. It lives,breathes and consumes tax payer dollars at an unbelievable rate.It exists in every state and employs thousands. If it is criticized a lynch mob mentality takes over and you could be in great danger. The reason, they are all,with the exception of a few skilled trades people, related.Entire families exists where generations have worked for Lockheed Martin and it's the only job they've ever had.
Tired Commuter

Redwood City, CA

#3 Jun 4, 2008
This is what happens when all the US aeronautics firms consolidate into only 2 companies. You've got LockMart & Boeing.... and that's it.

LockMart can afford to do what it pleases, because it knows the government doesn't have anywhere else to go.

Pretty soon we'll be having Airbus in Europe building our fighter planes for us.
Reason

Denver, CO

#4 Jun 11, 2008
Let me get this straight. The group of people responsible for some of the most wasteful spending ever witnessed by mankind (How many TRILLION is the nation in debt) is tearing Lockheed Martin for cost over-runs when producing an advanced Jet Fighter?

The people would pay a lot less money if they could tend to their own wasteful expenditures first...
Aircraft Designer

Denver, CO

#5 Jun 11, 2008
Why is it that the least knowledgable people are the most vocal? The fact is that Lockheed Martin, and the aerospace industry, rides on razor thin profit margins. The rise in costs is because designing aircraft to out-pace new foreign designs is NOT EASY and NOT CHEAP. You may think that losing air superiority is ok, but Lockheed Martin has been asked to deliver weapon system that will keep America ahead of the curve. As far as wasteful expenditures goes, Lockheed Martin shares desks with auditors. No dollar is spent without proper justification shown to the government. I suggest complaining about something you actually know about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harris Corporation Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Harris Sets Up Equipment Financing (Sep '07) Mar '15 Rose Henderson 3
News Tyco closing Lowell plant, moving 100 jobs (Nov '10) Jul '14 Waste my Time 48
News Harris Corporation Launches IP-based Air Traffi... (Feb '13) Feb '13 migan 00966536685340 1
News Harris Corp. Wins IDIQ Contract with Potential ... (Nov '11) Nov '11 LoveHarrisStock 1
News Mark Kelley Joins Donovan Data Systems as Repor... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Jeffery 1
Getting a job or internship with Harris RF Divi... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Paul 1
News Harris Corporation's Maritime Technology and Se... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Rachel 4
More from around the web