Spam can is iconic, and Hormel wants to keep it that way

Full story: TwinCities.com

Sometimes, Spam is worth fighting for. Hormel Foods, based in Austin, Minn., is suing an Ohio firm, alleging it is producing a canned meat product with a logo that's "confusingly similar" to Spam's iconic yellow-on-blue design.
Comments
21 - 22 of 22 Comments Last updated Apr 1, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Scruffy

Ypsilanti, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

Angela wrote:
<quoted text>Tuna is tuna..:)
They aren't suing because of the product. They are suing because of the packaging and colors are misleading. So Ford should sue GM because Ford designed the car before GM and it had 4 wheels on it? How about Boeing suing Airbus because the A-340 has a long fuselage, 2 wings and a tail just as Boeing does…
Circular

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

Thank G-d that's cleared up. The Lipitor people don't need to be confused on where to send their "Thank You" holiday cards.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hormel Foods Corporation Discussions

Search the Hormel Foods Corporation Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Pitcairn Island, home of famous Bounty mutineer... (Apr '08) Jun '14 skinny bones taco 10
Hormel Worker Injured on the Job (Feb '09) Apr '13 Tammy Cummins 24
Depardieu, in tax fight, gets Russian citizenship (Jan '13) Jan '13 PolskaHusaria 2
How SPAM became spam (Dec '08) Sep '12 sucker 4
Week-long autism camp ends (Aug '11) Aug '11 FBOMBER 1
Minnesota's food producers fed the nation, and ... (Mar '11) Mar '11 the troll 13
Hormel announces new meat: 'Spammy' (Feb '11) Feb '11 gwatsons 1
•••
•••