Hormel Foods gives nearly $5 million in bonuses to workers

Full story: TwinCities.com

The holidays just got a little merrier for some 19,500 employees of Hormel Foods Corp.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Wow

Chaska, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

Judged:

Way ta go, Hormel!

I hope other companies that are making a profit yet asking their employees to take wage cuts or wage freezes take note of the way Hormel is treating their employees.

I read once that a companies greatest asset is their employees. Except when unemployment is hovering around the double digits and your employer knows there's nowhere for you to go. They know they got ya by the short hairs.
The Big Bopper

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

Judged:

Good for them! Normally we hear about layoffs in time for Christmas, this is great news!
Curious

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

Are they hiring???

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

Judged:

Those evil corporations....
Grt

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

Judged:

Curious wrote:
Are they hiring???
Depends on if you speak English. And if that answer is yes, it's likely a job Americans wouldn't want anyway..........
Walter

Eden Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

Judged:

Evil, greedy corporations destroying the middle class again?/Liberal meme
No Wonder Profits are up

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

Judged:

PP you forgot to mention that in Aguust 2010 Hormel changed the way they operate their sales department, laid off their sales staff and outsourced it to another corporation.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

No Wonder Profits are up wrote:
PP you forgot to mention that in Aguust 2010 Hormel changed the way they operate their sales department, laid off their sales staff and outsourced it to another corporation.
Obviously not performing. In Tough times, those who produce prosper, those who don't, go to work for someone else or collect unemployment
Katie

Manchester, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

Judged:

GRT- most ignorant thing I've heard all year

No Wonder- get your facts straight before you go ranting. Hormel laid off only a handful of sales employees (not anywhere near their entire sales staff) and got most of those laid off folks jobs at their new small-market sales contracting company. Nobody forgot- you made it up.
Tony Rozycki

Schoolcraft, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

Judged:

Spam or cash?
commoncents

Riverview, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

Judged:

Hormel has not missed a dividend payment to shareholders in 45 years and incresed this years.. That's an enviable record for any corporation, Thats one big winner. Taking care of the employee's and the shareholders
streetlights

Eden Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

Let's hear it for Hormel!!! Way to go!! I remember my mom, in an equally tough time as now, making fried spam sandwiches!!!!! And my dad got spam as food rations in WWII!!!
Le Dumbo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

dammmm evil corporations...greedy fatcat CEO...oh nevermind,wrong thread...
Redeemur

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

Judged:

Wouldn't those Hormel employees all prefer Obama food stamps and unemployment cks too??

you say they prefer jobs oh, nevermind

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hormel Foods Corporation Discussions

Search the Hormel Foods Corporation Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Pitcairn Island, home of famous Bounty mutineer... (Apr '08) Jun 19 skinny bones taco 10
Hormel Worker Injured on the Job (Feb '09) Apr '13 Tammy Cummins 24
Depardieu, in tax fight, gets Russian citizenship (Jan '13) Jan '13 PolskaHusaria 2
How SPAM became spam (Dec '08) Sep '12 sucker 4
Week-long autism camp ends (Aug '11) Aug '11 FBOMBER 1
Spam can is iconic, and Hormel wants to keep it... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Circular 22
Minnesota's food producers fed the nation, and ... (Mar '11) Mar '11 the troll 13
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••