entertainment

There are 30 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Nov 23, 2010, titled entertainment. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Hormel Foods Corp. doled out today a record $16.3 million in profit sharing to its plant employees, including those employed at the Austin plant.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Cheesehead

Hudson, WI

#22 Nov 25, 2010
Mr. Beckman

My dad worked in the meat industry for over thirty years, things have changed drastically in worker safety, processes, etc. I think it's really great that a company offers their employees something like this, and remember the people who work there are people who are willing to work while some others don't. Give them credit, they've earned this. One of the few profitable companies in these times.
bob

Saint Paul, MN

#23 Nov 25, 2010
wondering if this is what happens when you get rid of bloodsucking unions
Going Strong

Minneapolis, MN

#24 Nov 25, 2010
Douglas Beckman wrote:
If they are such a strong union operation, why are people backing scab employees who work in the Hormel Plant, nothing is the same when my father worked for George A. Hormel Plant, in Austin, Minnesota, so many families back in Austin , Minnesota have not talked to there family members after the last strike in the plant in Austin, as family members crossed the striking picket holders to become scam employees
The Hormel Plant isn't the same as when the old timers put there hard work into what Hormel's stand for now, the Hormel head quarters main office never had no loyal to match the loyal the workers believed in the company that George A. Hormel started years ago, all the big wigs in the company had big eyes to pad there pocket books fatter, and the hell with the loyal workers who believed in the Hormel Plant all changed when the Hormel Family Members passed away was the beginning of distrust in the new direction the Hormel plant went to take over, as we all now who no anything about Austin, Minnesota is aware that Austin is owned by Hormel's, and they even own the Austin High School also can you imagine that, put that in your thoughts over the up coming holiday season to share your thoughts with me,has anyone else have any other points to throw into my comment box feel free to jump into my praide day against the present Hormel operation the way it is being run now, George A. Hormel would turn over in his grave now knowing how the company was being run now.
I think you meant to call employees who crossed picket lines "scabs." My father worked for Armours and the uncle worked for Swifts. That's in the days there were actually some jobs and employers showed their employees some loyalty.
Ha Ha

Chaska, MN

#25 Nov 25, 2010
IrishMN wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I miss something in the story?
Just the headline
The Dark Lord

United States

#26 Nov 25, 2010
IrishMN wrote:
<quoted text>
Where the hell does that statement come from? Did I miss something in the story?
You obviously missed the joke. I thought it was funny.
Mistress OF Darkness

Minneapolis, MN

#27 Nov 25, 2010
The Dark Lord wrote:
<quoted text>You obviously missed the joke. I thought it was funny.
I understand, my Lord!

“Here I come to save the Day!”

Since: Jan 09

Gothem city

#28 Nov 25, 2010
Nice to see some companies operating under a profitable game plan.

Not bad for selling beaks and butt holes
We Could only be so lucky

Saint Paul, MN

#29 Nov 26, 2010
I "commend" Hormel for what they are dong for their employee's! I only wish the company I work for and have for 18 years would "appreciate" all of our hard work, long hours and dedication with something other than an email. GOOD JOB HORMEL!
Mike

Lakeville, MN

#31 Nov 26, 2010
Yaahh, congrats to Hormel, I love Austin, neat little town.
Ha Ha

Chaska, MN

#32 Nov 27, 2010
IrishMN wrote:
<quoted text>
Where the hell does that statement come from? Did I miss something in the story?
I guess you still haven't figured it out- you see, by changing just one letter, an n to a g, the headline changed meaning entirely. First, read it as written, then change "bonus" to "bogus". Get it now? I bet you're just the life of any party! Not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hormel Foods Corporation Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hormel Worker Injured on the Job (Feb '09) May '15 whoremel 25
News Review: Book looks at costs of pork production (Oct '14) Oct '14 Dee Dee Dee 2
News Pitcairn Island, home of famous Bounty mutineer... (Apr '08) Jun '14 skinny bones taco 10
News Depardieu, in tax fight, gets Russian citizenship (Jan '13) Jan '13 PolskaHusaria 2
News How SPAM became spam (Dec '08) Sep '12 sucker 4
News Week-long autism camp ends (Aug '11) Aug '11 FBOMBER 1
News Spam can is iconic, and Hormel wants to keep it... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Circular 22