Humane Society buys ownership stake i...

Humane Society buys ownership stake in Hormel

There are 2 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Sep 13, 2010, titled Humane Society buys ownership stake in Hormel. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Hoping to pressure Hormel Foods to change the way it confines breeding pigs, the Humane Society of the United States has taken a stake in the Austin, Minn.-based pork processor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

skippy

Bartlesville, OK

#1 Sep 14, 2010
I have been digging into the HSUS for 3 years. No one has ever asked where did the people from HSUS come from? I asked and found out. They came from the underground. I went underground to see for myself. There were two maybe three classified terrporist groups. The Animal Liberation Front was there who are classified terrorists. I also found that ALF has a fondness for flying around on brooms, if you get my drift. A background check into HSUS CEO would speak and bark at the same time. Whos sleeping with whom. Whos pulling HSUS strings. How did HSUS come out of the underground with 200 million dollars?

Since: Dec 09

United States

#2 Sep 15, 2010
It's great to see major food companies like Smithfield and Cargill moving toward more animal-friendly practices, a move that should also help their bottom line. An economic analysis of sow housing conducted at Iowa State University concluded that switching from gestation crates to group housing—which allows animals to move freely—can cut costs by up to 11 percent.” There's more information at http://www.ag.iastate.edu/news/releases/319/ .

Hillary, HSUS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hormel Foods Corporation Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Oral injuries lead to recall of Spam, other Hor... 4 hr SirPrize 2
News Hormel Worker Injured on the Job (Feb '09) May '15 whoremel 25
News Review: Book looks at costs of pork production (Oct '14) Oct '14 Dee Dee Dee 2
News Pitcairn Island, home of famous Bounty mutineer... (Apr '08) Jun '14 skinny bones taco 10
News Depardieu, in tax fight, gets Russian citizenship (Jan '13) Jan '13 PolskaHusaria 2
News How SPAM became spam (Dec '08) Sep '12 sucker 4
News Week-long autism camp ends (Aug '11) Aug '11 FBOMBER 1