H&R Block Tax Course Information
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
gigi

Richmond Hill, Canada

#63 Sep 20, 2012
banker wrote:
hello, I am just wondering how much a H&R block preparer makes. I am going to be taking the course in september, and am going to school for accounting. I work at a bank right now as a financial advisor rep, just looking to get into something more of what im studying. I am interested in tax preparing, but I don't want to leave my 5 yrs of banking relationship unless its worth it. thanks!
you make minimum wage plus a bonus for each tax return you do !
NYC

New York, NY

#64 Oct 1, 2012
Tax course if great for learning.

I'm only writing this for informative purposes.

As far as getting a seasonal job, slim chances. One particular person in class excelled and was often told he would be offered a position, he didn't even get a phone call for an interview. I am an MBA graduate studying for my CPA, was looking to get some experience with tax prep. I called several times and didn't even get a call back. Maybe NYC is just very busy territory, but I don't like false advertisement from H&R regarding the possibility of working for them after taking this course.
Lisa

Edwardsburg, MI

#65 Oct 4, 2012
Thanks for the info! I am about to start the H&R Block tax course in a couple of weeks, and your post was very informative. I appreciate you taking the time to write a post to help others out. God bless you!
Patricia

Miami, FL

#66 Dec 17, 2012
Y por seguro que el dueno es un Latino. Por que los latinos son los peores. Juzgan a los Anglozajones, pero ellos son los peores.
donna

Winfield, Canada

#67 May 28, 2014
Do anyone know around how much a h&r income tax course cost in BC?
donna

Winfield, Canada

#68 May 28, 2014
GoalieEd wrote:
Hi. Just wanted to drop a quick line letting you all know that H&R Block now has information on their redesigned income tax course on-line. Here is a couple of links for more information.
http://tinyurl.com/3b6qsx (Topics covered)
http://tinyurl.com/2t4nks (General information)
I suggest rather than signing up on-line at full price, you contact someone locally, as you may be able to get a discounted rate. As a H&R block preparer (TX, OK, AR), I was given some referral vouchers that cuts the costs significantly.
Unfotunately the sites do not give the actual prices of the course, or at least an approximation.......... is the price closer to $500 or more like $1000?
donna

Winfield, Canada

#69 May 28, 2014
Thanks for the reply but there is nowhere on those sites that give an approximation of the price of the course. Is is more like $300 or closer to $1000? Does anyone know?
DSK

Panama City, FL

#70 Sep 16, 2014
I have passed the local deadline for the beginning of H & R Block tax preparation training. There is another location where it has not yet started, but it is an hour drive away. I searched online for a total online course, but didn't find one. Does Block offer such a thing?
herman

Anderson, SC

#71 Oct 16, 2014
DSK wrote:
I have passed the local deadline for the beginning of H & R Block tax preparation training. There is another location where it has not yet started, but it is an hour drive away. I searched online for a total online course, but didn't find one. Does Block offer such a thing?
No basic course is offered online, however, they do offer a Tax Knowledge Assesment on their website where you can take an exam and then apply for work
herman

Anderson, SC

#72 Oct 16, 2014
donna wrote:
Thanks for the reply but there is nowhere on those sites that give an approximation of the price of the course. Is is more like $300 or closer to $1000? Does anyone know?
I'm not sure why you would not just call your local office and ask the price? The price does vary from location to location. Franchise offices for example set their own prices and are not bound by the corporate price.
herman

Anderson, SC

#73 Oct 16, 2014
NYC wrote:
Tax course if great for learning.
I'm only writing this for informative purposes.
As far as getting a seasonal job, slim chances. One particular person in class excelled and was often told he would be offered a position, he didn't even get a phone call for an interview. I am an MBA graduate studying for my CPA, was looking to get some experience with tax prep. I called several times and didn't even get a call back. Maybe NYC is just very busy territory, but I don't like false advertisement from H&R regarding the possibility of working for them after taking this course.
Sounds like someone is just being rude. Call 1-800-hrblock, talk with the people center, someone will call you back and explain why you were not offered a position.
CINDY

Gretna, LA

#74 Oct 20, 2014
guest wrote:
You might want to check with other tax prep companies. Some offer free courses, like Liberty and Jackson Hewitt. This may not be the case in all areas, but I'm in NE Florida, and they are free.
Liberty offers the class for free but the books are $150.00. The course is half the time of H&R Block and it teaches basic tax information. So, you probably won't be able to pass a tax exam.
kja

Chilliwack, Canada

#77 Aug 10, 2015
Anybody got a discount code I could use for the H&R block tax course in BC, Canada?
jjramirez

Bakersfield, CA

#78 Oct 23, 2015
Toni Willcutt wrote:
I would not recommend the H&R tax class if you are looking to be hired by them. I took the class (paid $300.) and got a 96% score and was told by the customer service rep, as well as the instructor that if I got at least a score of 80% I would be guaranteed at least interview. I never got an interview and when I called the district manager I believe her name was Kathy Connelly, she was no help her only suggestion was that I pay another $300. and retake the class next year. Also they only pay minimum wage until you complete an enormous amount of returns. In reality you can make more working at In and Out burger and you don't have to pay for training. H&R block is a real disappointment considering they make promises they do not keep. If you do decide to take the class I would recommend trying aniother company or doing taxes on your own. H&R Block is a rip off. They seem to charge a lot to the general public for doing simple tax returns and even more by charging for people to take their class and they don't live up to their promises.
I agree with Toni my wife signed up to take the course in bakersfield, ca. I have to say that it was a waste of time the instructor was lacking the proper knowledge to properly explain the material at hand. It was more of a self study kind of training than instructor lead, when ever my wife had a question she the intructor would just say the answer is there just read the book. Also the answers in the answer key at times were wrong and wouldnt get any feed back from the instructor. I suggest if you want to learn how to do taxes take a course at your local commmunity college instead.
Alan

San Diego, CA

#79 Nov 23, 2016
Well, I would like an answer to a question that I have, and I don't know if this is the right forum, but if anyone could answer it or guide me to the proper channel, I would greatly appreciate it. My question is, while waiting on disability to possibly kick in, could I get a Job doing something, I've been waiting with outfor almost 2yrs no, I've since run out of money's and now it's really hard , what can I do? My ddisability case is in the hearing stage but that will take another 8 to 11 month's , how can I get some income coming in?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

H and R Block Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
H and R block mistake (Apr '08) Jun 16 Gayle 30
hrblock prepaid master card( emerald card) (Dec '07) May '17 Dictionary 159
HR block sucks (Apr '11) May '17 Roy 74
H&R Block "Peace of Mind", or a big Scam? (Mar '08) May '17 Jallen1956 115
Do NOT go to H & R Block (Mar '06) Apr '17 Butterfly 715
H&R Block Emerald card (Jan '08) Apr '17 Butterfly 285
HR Block Bank Direct Deposit and Emerald Pre pa... (Dec '06) Apr '17 Dakota Madden 799
More from around the web