H&R Block Emerald card
Sallie Johnson

New York, NY

#143 Feb 17, 2009
All tax preparation businesses are dishonest...H&R Block included. they are the most popular, deemed the worst. May i suggest that we all go back to snailmail and have Tax-Refund checks mailed to our homes or deposited into checking accounts. These RALs/emerald cards etc it is risky business. Next year...do your own taxes with the IRS for free and wait! for the mail
Sallie Johnson

New York, NY

#144 Feb 17, 2009
...nothing in life is that urgent to do rapid refunds. unless your breath is being cut off...anything else can wait. had we all done things the old fashion way and waited for our checks directly from the IRS to arrive in the mail...we would have every dime owed to us. I am more angry with myself for being scam-ed than I am at H&R Block. Those people are doing what they are trained to do...cheat the public legally!!
Hazel Frederick

New York, NY

#145 Feb 17, 2009
I feel financially raped by H&R Block. i keep looking between my legs for a big-green dick to fall out!! ouch!!!
Hazel Frederick

New York, NY

#146 Feb 17, 2009
The IRS deposited $1897.65 on my emerald card...when i went to pay some bills...there was only $792.39 available, called H&RBlock and the HSBC bank...their explaination sounded like a child's jibberish. one way or another, I am going to get my money!!!!!!!
Gratianna

New York, NY

#147 Feb 17, 2009
H&Block should be ashamed of themselves. In today's economy, Large corperations seem to be taking desperate measures to beef-up their bankrolls...why steal from the little man? even if they took say $25.00 from every customer they would come out ahead. why steal thousands of dollars from one person...my god, i can't believe the stories i am hearing about this green-monster.
If I stay and work in America, I will learn to do my Own Taxes...No H&R Block for me. Thank You.
Evanston IL

Evanston, IL

#148 Feb 18, 2009
Do not use H&R Block Emerald Card Services!!! My money has been pending since 2-6-09 and today it's 2-18th. I tried calling the phone # on the back of the card 866 and no one answers the phone at all. I was holding for over 30 minutes and still no answer. I tried to fax a letter to the Holds Dept and still nothing; my fax didn't go through. It wasn't a good number given. Enough is enough, people need their money!!! What kind of scam are you running??? FYI: Emerald Card Services is on the RIP-Off-Report!!! Do not use this bank/service!!! Today, I will file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau!!!*See below info. re: this company:
Report: Emerald Card Services, Greg White, Capital Merchant Services, LFG, Lease Finance Group, EPS
Category: Credit Card Processing Companies
Emerald Card Services, Greg White, Capital Merchant Services, LFG, Lease Finance Group, EPS leasing scam - rip off for credit card services San Diego California
*REBUTTAL Owner of Company ..President of Company
Thank You
Read how Ripoff Report saves consumers millions.
Rebuttal Box
Respond to this report!
Are you an owner, employee or ex-employee with either negative or positive information about the company or individual, or can you provide "insider information" on this company?
Victim of this person/company?
Are you also a victim of the same company or individual? Want Justice? File a Rip-off Report, help other consumers to be educated and donīt let them get away with it!
Print Email
Emerald Card Services, Greg White, Capital Merchant Services, LFG, Lease Finance Group, EPS

Sky Park Ct Ste
San Diego, California,
U.S.A.
Submitted: 6/14/2007 11:24:15 AM
Modified: 1/28/2008 6:43:52 PM
Reported By
Rich
san diego, California
Ripoff Report Verified Safe
These scammers use multiple ghost companies and do not keep their word. They sign you up with false statements and false written documents. Then they do not honor their written aggrements.
Greg White - now President of Emerald Card Services - gave me his written guarantee to take back the lease in 60 days. His prior association - V Pres. of
Capital Merchant Services - is no longer in business he claims. Interestingly he, and the above companies, operate from the same address. Same person
same address... hmmm !
The affiliate companies are still operating: Lease Finance Group is still hounding me for lease payments but cannot turn off the unused lease or accept return of the equipment or advise me the whereabouts of a rep in San Diego. EPS - Electronic Payments Systems - I have shut down their assault on my bank accounts.
I am left with damaged credit. Beware of these scammers.
Rich
san diego, California
U.S.A.
John

United States

#149 Feb 18, 2009
This is the first year my wife and I have ever used H&R Block for our taxes and chose to get the emerald card. Well we were denied the 1-3 days and settled for the 8-15 days well today is the 15th day and still nothing yet and it is 2pm central time. But the problem started when I was told there shouldnt be any issues with me getting it on Friday the 13th well guess what nope didnt happen so I was concerned and called my tax prep and they said its going to possibly be on th 18th now well I didnt like that answer so I called the customer service line many times this past weekend and tuesday and now im -20 on my card and havent been able to use it yet. well yesterday I called the H&R bank and they said I had to call HSBC and they told me they could authenticate the validity of my taxes and that I had to call the IRS because my money was sent back to them. First I called my tax preper and he said in his computer it shows it will on there on by the 18th and that HSBC should not even be envolved with this. So I called the IRS and they said my money was directly deposited to H&R block bank not HSBC on friday the 13th and my state taxes had been Direct deposited to the bank on Feb.3rd WELL THE HELL IS MY MONEY!!!!!!!! My cable was shut off, my phone was cut off, my internet was cut off and my apt manager went to court on the 17th to have us evicted because I couldnt pay the rest of the rent, which I was going to do with my taxes. I have barely any food in my house no money on my card and now my wife 3 youmg kids and myself have to find a new place to live. Something does need to be done about all of our situations I have read articles today of people who have been using H&R block for 10 years and have never had problems till this year and will never use them again. There is something very fishy going on here for this to happen to so many people and those of you who are saying you are having no problems what so ever are probly working for H&R block or getting paid alot of money to put articles with good stuff about them. so guess what I am doing I am calling my local news called FOX 7 ON YOUR SIDE, my city mayor state governor and sending hundreds of copies of these articles to them about how mcuh of liers and cheats H&R block really is WHOS WITH ME? If I were you I would do the same so they cant do this to anyone else anymore.
elaine

Saginaw, MI

#150 Feb 18, 2009
what is up with this card?
elaine

Saginaw, MI

#151 Feb 18, 2009
help
NO PROB

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#152 Feb 18, 2009
I HAVE BEEN DOING MY TAXES WITH HR BLOCK FOR APPROX. 10 YEARS AND HAVE NEVER HAD AN ISSUE. I EVEN REFEREED FRIENDS TO THEM WHOM INDICATED TO ME THAT THEY HAVE NEVER RECEIVED A REFUND AND ALWAYS OWE THE GOVERNMENT. HOWEVER, WHEN I TOOK THEM TO HR BLOCK, THEY RECEIVED A REFUND OF $1000.00 OR MORE. THIS YEAR WAS THE FIRST TIME THAT I DID THE EMERALD CARD AND I HAD NO PROBLEM. THE MONEY WAS ACTUALLY ON MY CARD A PORTION OF MY FEDERAL REFUND WAS ON MY CARD 5 MINUTES AFTER MY TAXES WERE DONE AND THE REST WAS ON WITHIN 24 HOURS. ALSO MY STATE REFUND WAS LOADED ONTO THE CARD IN ABOUT 8 DAYS. ANYONE WHO EXPERIENCES PROBLEMS ARE PROBABLE THOSE WHO ARE NOT APPROVED FOR A LOAN.
evelyn

Darby, PA

#153 Feb 19, 2009
Well I just filed she yesterday my rep told me my cash would be ther today. When I went to check my balance no money was there how about that. Then they told me I was denied today why wouldn't she had told me this before instead of waiting until I try to use the card. They said the money should be there on the 27th.
Debra

United States

#154 Feb 19, 2009
I would like to get someone on the phone not a recording or pass me to other recordings.! This sucks! All I want to do is report my card lost or stolen and cancel out my account please .! I am disabled now and won't be filing and don't want the card in activation. I don't know the number and still want the emerald card CANCELLED OUT!!!! Please some one HELP!?
Debra bradshaw

United States

#155 Feb 19, 2009
I was on the phone for 57 minutes on my cell and still no answer, thanks slot card. The bank is not dealing with people they are putting them on hold. Deal with people if you don't want bad reports.
Ray

Burley, ID

#156 Feb 19, 2009
Ricky clark wrote:
This is for nicole..I called HSBC bank and they have no records at all..What phone number do you have on them...I even had a emerald advance from December, and have been billed, but they show no record of that either...I use to be a tax preparer for hrblock..not anymore...
I think all of those who got scammed by this emerald card should get together and file a class action lawsuit. Evidently not too many of H & R Block's employees even know what they are doing. It if sounds to good to be true, it is. My daughter got scammed by their crooked practices. H & R Block in my opinion are not very reputable. Buy Turbo Tax. You can get your money in a week or two.
Ray

Burley, ID

#157 Feb 19, 2009
Those of you who got scammed should get together and file a class action lawsuit. In all my years I've never heard of anything like this. I've never had H & R Block do my taxes because the people they hire during tax season don't know what they are doing. I'm sure there is a lawyer out there that would take your case. My daughter got scammed also. Everytime you use the care it costs. I think they ought to be put out of business.
james fraley

Chesterfield, MO

#158 Feb 19, 2009
ineed to know how t put my available credit on my emerald card please help me
james fraley

Chesterfield, MO

#159 Feb 19, 2009
please show me how to borrow money from H&R BLOCK and put it on my emerald card
Haley

Plainfield, IN

#160 Feb 20, 2009
I am waiting on my state return. The IRS deposited it with them on Jan. 23rd!!!! It is still not on my card. I FINALLY got through to someone yesterday and he said it would be available today by one... NOT THERE. I've got 2 numbers to call and both give a message that say "Due to high call volume... blah blah and then it hangs up on you. When I enter my information (SS# and year of birth into system, it says my state refund has been deposited, but it's NOT THERE. I'm getting really frustrated. I'm going to stop direct deposit and go to a real bank as soon as I get through to someone. I HATE the emerald card.
Haley

Plainfield, IN

#161 Feb 20, 2009
Transferring money is easy enough, that's one thing they let you do. Call 1-866-353-1266 and choose option 3 (transfer) when prompted. If the system says you don't have a line of credit and that option is not available then, I don't know what to tell you and you WON'T get through to anyone.. I've tried... Good luck.
Monica

Eugene, OR

#162 Feb 21, 2009
I would not recommend using Emerald Card through
H & R block to anyone. And the bank the backs the card, H & R Bank, failed to follow through with putting a lost/stolen on a card, though they documented it and gave me a case number. Meanwhile the money was deposited and there seems to be no way to get my money back. I notified them before the money was deposited and they did not take care of it. Tax return of 5,000, is now gone and no one can seem to help, just keep get transferred over and over for 3 hours. Really disappointing and would just recommend holding out for the check in the mail for your tax refund.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

H and R Block Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Office Managers Dec 9 Delllady7 1
H and R block mistake (Apr '08) Nov 30 Evsies 31
HR Block Bank Direct Deposit and Emerald Pre pa... (Dec '06) Nov 23 Tmmonty 801
H&R Block "Peace of Mind", or a big Scam? (Mar '08) Nov '17 Lindareid2000 121
Payroll direct deposit on emerald card? (Aug '08) Sep '17 Erica everpure 17
Do NOT go to H & R Block (Mar '06) Aug '17 MBa 719
My paycheck direct deposit! Jul '17 Shay 1
More from around the web