H&R Block Emerald card
BlockWorker

United States

#101 Dec 10, 2008
H&R Block doesn't care about their customers or their employees. The Emerald Card is basically a "Pay Day" loan that is pure profit for the corporation, The tax preparers and Franchisees don't make a cent off of it. Block couldn't care less if you're a bum or a ten year customer. You all get treated alike. It's the same with employees. They treat you like dirt. I'd like to see all customers and employees boycott this giant corporate crap hole for the entire month of January. I'd lose my job, but it would be worth it. It's the only way to get the attention of the handful of assholes that make a living at this puss hole of society. They actually suppress creative thinking and intellect at their corporate offices, just in case they idiots higher up the ladder are exposed as the lazy morons that they are. This company needs a good house cleaning. They are absolutely the worst. Buy leaded toys from China and you are doing no less harm to US workers. DO NOT SUPPORT THIS COMPANY!
dawn frishkorn

AOL

#102 Dec 13, 2008
what is the phone number for the emerald card i can not read the number on the back of my card
confused tg

Bloomington, IN

#103 Dec 14, 2008
i thought the emerald card had no credit check req on it. if they are checking your credit, what are they checking for ? is it your credit score and what does this have to be? does anyone know.
Cynthia

United States

#105 Dec 30, 2008
I have had this card since tax season '06. I always go to Wal-greent to refill, 4.95. It takes about an hour for the posting of the money, no big deal. by the time I get to the store and shop it's been an hour, We recieved our tax refunds on it every year, no problems. Usually within hours if we do the RAL. We even did the advance on your tax refund they did 2 years ago, went fine. I pay everything on line with it, energy bills, online shoppping ect.I even use it for our paypal account on ebay! I've never been asked for a routing #.I'm not impressed by the 2$ fee to customer service, however, I got hung up on once and complained about the fee to call back and it was refunded. I don't ever use an ATM, the fee is about 5-6 bucks by the time it's over so I just get cash back at wal-mart or the grocery store where it's not concidered an ATM fee. I wonder if it's where in the us you live? I'm in WI. I don't know but I love it!
will

Englewood, OH

#106 Jan 5, 2009
georgia wrote:
anyone having trouble with the emerald advance line of credit? i was told if i put my pay check direct ceposit i would be given a 300.00 line of credit. not true every time i call it is something different or 3 hours on hold or hung up on anyone eles having this problem
yeap emerald advance got approved for 755 and have been waiting three days and still nothing on the card, keep getting computer animaated vices saying there system is down call back in two hours, I have been calling fo three days and still no one can give me n answer even went back to the tax preparer and he told me the same thing that the number on the back of the card was telling me , they suck, something needs to be done this is not right or legal.
I want my check

United States

#107 Jan 5, 2009
nicole wrote:
I had that problem too..........finally after 14 -15 days my money came through the bank HSBC. I personally called the bank because I was getting no where with H&R block. I paid for rapid an I will never do the emerald card again.
Sounds like you were turned down for a loan. I promise you only paid an acct set up fee, which you agreed to pay when you applied for the loan. It takes IRS 8-15 days to deposit your money. Anything faster is a loan. Next time you should read and listen. You're one of those people, you probably go to pay day loan vendors.
I want my check

United States

#108 Jan 5, 2009
BlockWorker wrote:
H&R Block doesn't care about their customers or their employees. The Emerald Card is basically a "Pay Day" loan that is pure profit for the corporation, The tax preparers and Franchisees don't make a cent off of it. Block couldn't care less if you're a bum or a ten year customer. You all get treated alike. It's the same with employees. They treat you like dirt. I'd like to see all customers and employees boycott this giant corporate crap hole for the entire month of January. I'd lose my job, but it would be worth it. It's the only way to get the attention of the handful of assholes that make a living at this puss hole of society. They actually suppress creative thinking and intellect at their corporate offices, just in case they idiots higher up the ladder are exposed as the lazy morons that they are. This company needs a good house cleaning. They are absolutely the worst. Buy leaded toys from China and you are doing no less harm to US workers. DO NOT SUPPORT THIS COMPANY!
Wow you sound fired.
Baltimore MD

Livingston, NJ

#109 Jan 6, 2009
Sorry to hear about you guys situation. I applied for a loan this year and they only approved me for $350.$45 is taken out for the emerald card...lol. If you want the rest of your money you have to withdraw the money and they will charge you $3. for doing so. With that being said you have to wait 24hr for your other half of the money. Not to mention to spend another $3. for withdraw. Not worth the headache anymore. This is my last time dealing with H & R Block.
Deanna B wrote:
I have had my emerald card since February 2007. I have ordered the personalized card and also have my payroll direct deposited into my account with no problem. Now in 2008 I decided to file my taxes independently using the IRS web site and have my refund direct deposited into my emerald account effective January 25th. H&R has no record of my funds being deposited. So right now I'm trying to track down several thousands of dollars and H&R's response is basically good luck.
HR BLOCK SUCKS

Green Bay, WI

#110 Jan 12, 2009
Still having all kinds of issues with this card, card customer service, h&r block customer service = BAD
Deanna B wrote:
I have had my emerald card since February 2007. I have ordered the personalized card and also have my payroll direct deposited into my account with no problem. Now in 2008 I decided to file my taxes independently using the IRS web site and have my refund direct deposited into my emerald account effective January 25th. H&R has no record of my funds being deposited. So right now I'm trying to track down several thousands of dollars and H&R's response is basically good luck.
HR BLOCK SUCKS

Green Bay, WI

#111 Jan 12, 2009
BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE
HR BLOCK SUCKS

Green Bay, WI

#112 Jan 12, 2009
HR BLOCKS CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE WORST...THE EMERALD CARD ALSO SUCKS
HR BLOCK SUCKS

Green Bay, WI

#113 Jan 12, 2009
HR Block emerald card still is having issues
HR BLOCK

Green Bay, WI

#114 Jan 12, 2009
Poor customer service
bobby

Kokomo, IN

#115 Jan 22, 2009
they owe me $500 it seems i can not get my money and i need it some thing needs to be done with emerald
Dusty S

Malad City, ID

#116 Jan 26, 2009
here is one for ya! i just had my taxes prepaired this year i had a emerald card from last year i was asked if i wanted my refund put on my card i had no problems with it up to this point so i allowed them to use the old card. the preparer or I didn't notice the card was expired here it is a week later I have made several calls to the card service they have attempted to order a card 3 times now and still no card they tell me on has been ordered and I should recieve it in one to three busniess days!!! never knew one to three days really ment in a week or two!!! I have used h&r block for over ten years. this will be the last time I pay them for the shity service.
waitin for my refund

Libertyville, IL

#117 Jan 27, 2009
i got the emerald card today when i filed my taxes i got the 1-2 day ral what time should i start checking my balance. this is the first year i have used this. please respond i really would like to know
jessica

Otsego, MI

#119 Feb 2, 2009
Ive been going to h and r block for the last 3 years. But not next year! I paid for the emerald card and the 1 -2 days got my federal but still havent gotten my state.They've never took this long for me,Somethings gotta be going on. I called the irs and they sent it out days ago. So hsbc must be holding forever. There gettin down!!!!
heather

White Salmon, WA

#120 Feb 2, 2009
I got a emerald card I was supposed to get money in 8 to 10 days. but I still havent got my money and it has been 3 weeks. I WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!!!!!
joe

Oak Forest, IL

#121 Feb 3, 2009
if i filled saturday and did a 8-15 days wait on emerald card how lond do it take to get back
pingman37

Milton, FL

#122 Feb 4, 2009
I have had the emerald card for 3 years now. I have never had any problems with any of it. I have my payroll checks direct deposited on it pay all my bills online with it, use it as back up funding for pay pal, buy stuff on ebay with it and not one lick of trouble. I applied for an emerald advance line of credit and was approved for 900.00 I was charged a fee of like 35-40 dollars which I was told I would be. I made one payment in Jan. and had my taxes done Mid January. My advance credit payoff would come out of my refund. I got the same day RAL 1800 was on the card within an hour. the other 1200 showed up the next day. My state refund didn't show up for about a week, but it did show up. Just called today and the line of credit was paid off and is available to me after the 15th. I don't know yet about fees and interest for the line of credit yet. Have not seen any. I knew along time ago about the 2.00 charge for customer service but i only use that 1 or 2 times a year. I get cash from wal-mart or at the gas station with my purchases. I couldn't be happier with it. Sounds like most of you people are not asking enough questions and thoroughly understanding what you are signing up for beforehand. Good luck to the rest of you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

H and R Block Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News H&R Block reviews: your taxes are worth a Secon... (Mar '12) Mon Chucklethe Truck 160
H and R block mistake (Apr '08) Jun 16 Gayle 30
hrblock prepaid master card( emerald card) (Dec '07) May '17 Dictionary 159
HR block sucks (Apr '11) May '17 Roy 74
H&R Block "Peace of Mind", or a big Scam? (Mar '08) May '17 Jallen1956 115
Do NOT go to H & R Block (Mar '06) Apr '17 Butterfly 715
HR Block Bank Direct Deposit and Emerald Pre pa... (Dec '06) Apr '17 Dakota Madden 799
More from around the web