H&R Block Emerald card
stephanie

United States

#41 Feb 29, 2008
Steven wrote:
I see that alot of people are getting the butts handed to them. I called today to see if i could get another advance cause its year round, and they told me i couldnt because im behind on my payments. everything was paid when i did my taxes on feb 2nd, now there adding on late fees what are these guys doing. ive been with them for the last 6 years. looks like im going somewhere else. so like some of the other people have said if you start a lawsuite let me know i will be more then happy to join in. or if anyone knows of one let me know.
u need to have them, open a case number and they will remove all of the late fees etc.it takes a couple of days but i just went thru same thing 20 minutes ago i called again to try to get my line of credit and the guy gave me an approval number for my line of credit year transefer
MG Florida

United States

#42 Feb 29, 2008
Sosa B wrote:
<quoted text>
So you didn’t qualify for a loan you applied for because the lending party determined you may be a credit risk to them based on your credit worthiness or you only worked 4 months of 2007 and your refund is as much or more than the entire income you made for 2007 ....HMMM I wonder which responsible lender in the U.S. would end to that, but what do I know about your personal finances I’m only speculating right? But I do know in any case it takes close to 15 days to get a refund after you’ve been denied a loan. From my calculation you’ve only waited 10 days so please
I do know that when you file they can let you know right away if you are approved or denied. There have been many cases where ppl are told they are approved and pay extra to have the money that much sooner just to find out almost 2 weeks later that they were never approved.This is misleading the public if they say they can get the money to you in the time you paid for ( 1-2) days then waiting just 1 extra day is ridiculous never mine 10 or 15 days later.
judy shaffer

Canfield, OH

#43 Feb 29, 2008
I had my Emerald Card since Feb. 2007,it was a hassle then and it still is. I had two cards one they sent me this year with my name on it.When I went in to get my advance in Dec. HR BLOCK said they CAN'T activate the card with my name on it. I had to activate the old one.When I get my tax refund I would then activate the new one.I did my taxes my checking part got there on time my savings took 3 weeks. If you haven't received it yet call dont let down and ask for a supervisor and double check with the irs on line for the exact dates and quotes the irs is right.anyway when I got home I activated the new card no problem. Not until I finally got my savings. I had no access to it because they deactivated my old card without my knowledge.I ask how I could get my money transferred to the new card,the answer was that i had to put in a balance transfer and it would take upto 48 hrs. Extreme measures then came in I was fed up by this time I then asked for the supervisor low and behold there wasn't one available mind you the customer service people where in the phillipines not AMERICA. (THAT SHOULD TELL YOU SOMETHING THERE).I continued to insist on a supervisor.I then had to lie to the person and tell them that I had a family emergency and someone's life was at stake.WOW I got results. they activated the old card again instantly.Money was accessable. But in the mean time I had bills paid with the new card and how about I got shafted there next.That card was deactivated and I bounced all kind of checks.I'm now fighting to get back all of my nsf fee's I have accrued due to there negligence.STAY AWAY WITHDRAW ALL OF YOUR MONEY SHRED THE CARD AND RUN.
Cindy

Murfreesboro, TN

#44 Feb 29, 2008
I am considering a suit against h and r block. We waited almost a month for our refund. Then it cost way more than we understood it to be. They also said we could take out a line of credit on Feb 15th and when I called not only is it a 36% interest rate but they want either a 300$ deposit or direct deposit for your pay. We lived out of boxes since we were moving with our refund and ran out of food waiting on the money to move so my husband could start his new job.We used H and R Block the previous 2 years and had no problem and still have no problem with our preparer. It is the company and the Emerald card we are upset with. The whole Emerald Card is a complete scam now.
billie jo

Windber, PA

#45 Mar 2, 2008
THIS CARD IS THE BIGGEST SCAM EVER !!! WE PAID BACK THE 500 DOLLARS THAT WAS ADVANCED TO US BEFORE CHRISTMAS AND MADE OUR MONTHLY PAYMENTS . WE PAID THE CARDS OFF WITH INCOME TAX AND NOW THEY KEEP STEELING MONEY OUT OF IT (REMOVE FUNDS-BATCH) AND SAYING IT IS FORINTREST ON THE CARDS !! I DID MY TAXES AT H&R FOR 13 YRS AND WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN !! THEY CAN STICK THOSE CARDS WHERE THE SUN DONT SHINE
Just As Frustrated

Commiskey, IN

#46 Mar 3, 2008
Well I never got my call from filing the "claim", so I called again today to be told that whoever updated my claim the last time I called in, accidentally closed it and that there was NO contact info in there, so that's probably why I hadn't been called back. The day they filed the claim, that call took 43 minutes. She had all my info. So on the day I called to check status since I hadn't heard from anyone, that girl couldn't tell there was a problem????? So it's now been updated again and I have two cases. She said maybe that would get it looked at faster. yeah, right. Wait another six days. I think they just hope people get frustrated and give up. So let's move on to the Emerald Advance. There was a "black-out" period before you could apply for an Emerald Advance. I patiently waited for that period to be over, applied and got denied. When I got my first one...I paid a $30 annual fee and was told since I'd had my card for over a year and my direct deposit was going there, that I was automatically approved for a minimum of $300 line of credit. So why was I denied?? The rep didn't have that info and I would get a letter Mid-April to explain. Well while getting irritated with them today I decided to call and apply again, guess what, I was approved! However, my payment didn't post until 5 days after it was due. I had my taxes filed on 02/04 did Instant Refund Loan and had the Emerald Advance Payment money deducted and paid for it with fees and interest, the emerald advance payment was due on 02/15. So now there's $12.17 due in interest because my payment was "LATE". So I have another "claim" open to get that rectified. My new advance was supposed to be in my account in 2 hours. 3 1/2 hours later, it's not there. This guy says the rep didn't submit right. This guy got supervisor involved and will "escalate" it and hopefully it'll get there faster, but within 2 hrs. for sure. It's been an hour, no money. Does anyone there know their *** from a hole in the ground? Do they need to fire and replace their whole IT department so the info doesn't just vanish from the computer system? I'm about over the whole thing. So can you sue for your time on the phone with them and suffering?
Brenda

Norwalk, CA

#47 Mar 3, 2008
I have been filing my taxes with H & R Block since 2003 and this is the first and last time I will try this Emerald Card gig. H & R Block told me I can recharge my card at any Walmart, Walgreens, etc... I have tried several times with no luck. In fact they told me that I need to check to see if it was even rechargable.
I have a totally different tax person for 2008, trust me.
Just As Frustrated

Commiskey, IN

#48 Mar 4, 2008
Brenda wrote:
I have been filing my taxes with H & R Block since 2003 and this is the first and last time I will try this Emerald Card gig. H & R Block told me I can recharge my card at any Walmart, Walgreens, etc... I have tried several times with no luck. In fact they told me that I need to check to see if it was even rechargable.
I have a totally different tax person for 2008, trust me.
Hi Brenda,

I have never used the WalMart MoneyGram service to refill my card, but I do use the Greendot service. It usually cost $4.95. WalGreen's, CVS and several other stores carry these cards. They are were they keep other merchant gift cards, phone cards, etc. Get a Greendot Universal Refill card, take it to the cash register and tell them how much you want to put on the card. They run it through and "activate" the Greendot card then you have to call the number on the back or go on-line to the Greendot website and transfer it to your H&R Block Emerald Card. It's pretty easy and usually only takes 15-20 minutes to get on your card after you transfer it unless you purchase it at WalGreen's. For some reason there is an hour delay before you can even initiate transfer. I have used H&R Block off and on for 18 years (whenever my refund is larger enough that I want it fast!:)) I've had my emerald card since last year at tax time and used it since, I have my direct deposit sent there and everything. Haven't experienced ANY problems until February 15th of this year. Between them trying to update their computer system in the middle of tax time and implementing these new programs.
Sara

Paradise, CA

#49 Mar 4, 2008
So when I called the 1-877-604-1040 nuber it tells me there is no record of my SS number. what does this mean? I am afraid that the IRS is not linked to the card I have. any ideas?
henry burback

Aurora, CO

#50 Mar 5, 2008
we also got the h&r block emerald card we filed our taxes on jan 11th we called the emerald company the very hard to understand arabic speaking acosiate told me he had no information and the card would activate on its own after about twenty calls to the emarld card people getting a different person each and every time we finaly got access to our funds on feb 28th the fed check was denied by the card company so we recieved it by mail and we emptied the card and cancled it i will never ever use h&r again i have been using them since the late 80's but never ever again we called h&r block and got social service help no answers not even knowing who we were i was called by three different names within the same call some service very disapointed in colorado
Sean

Bradenton, FL

#51 Mar 5, 2008
i had mis placed my card and i called the customer service line i was waiting for about an hour on hold i asked them to send me a new card and they but it took 3 weeks when they said 5-7 days i asked about the money that was on the other card they said if i find my current card it will still work and the card wont cancel til i get my new card and call them currently im hold now with i have been hung up on over 3 times and have been trying to figure out where 145 bucks went i have no money left and every time i talk to someone it sounds like a robot i asked to speak with a supervisior and they hung up on me H&R BLOCK sucks donkey . never never never agian will i go to them ..
donna

Mission, KS

#52 Mar 7, 2008
Did you read the client service agreement you SIGNED. You can NOT sue, you have to go through arbitration. Most intelligent people read what they sign.
Yvonne wrote:
I understand your pain. I filled on the 4 of Feb and was told I didn't qualify for the 1-2 hour loan , but did qualify for the 1-2 day loan. It's the 14th of Feb and still no taxes. I called their 1-800 and 1866 phn numbers and have not been able to figure out anything and still not money. I used H&r Block for the last 3-4 years with this service and never received any problems like this. What kind of scam are they running? I know that they we sued a couple of years ago, maybe another lawsuit may make them close down or give us back our money. Cause ITS OR MONEY!!!!!!!!!! Most of us use it to pay bills and catch up.
Let me know if anyone is interested. I'm calling the media and writing to the Governor of my state
georgia

Maxton, NC

#53 Mar 11, 2008
anyone having trouble with the emerald advance line of credit? i was told if i put my pay check direct ceposit i would be given a 300.00 line of credit. not true every time i call it is something different or 3 hours on hold or hung up on anyone eles having this problem
Victoria

Muscatine, IA

#54 Mar 16, 2008
I have used the green dot card mentioned. You get charged to refill, a monthly fee and if you become a premire member you have an extra monthly charge added on to the other one. If you keep like $700 dollars on it then you dont have any monthly fees. WHO HAS $700 JUST TO HAVE LAY AROUND? I have been to Radio Shack to refill my emerald card from H&R Block, Called Hy-Vee with Western union and Walmart money gram, all have told me that they dont refill the card. I am so Frustrated. I have things taken out of my card every month and have no way of refilling! I still have faith in H&R Block but i dont know if i will use the card again.
Just As Frustrated wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Brenda,
I have never used the WalMart MoneyGram service to refill my card, but I do use the Greendot service. It usually cost $4.95. WalGreen's, CVS and several other stores carry these cards. They are were they keep other merchant gift cards, phone cards, etc. Get a Greendot Universal Refill card, take it to the cash register and tell them how much you want to put on the card. They run it through and "activate" the Greendot card then you have to call the number on the back or go on-line to the Greendot website and transfer it to your H&R Block Emerald Card. It's pretty easy and usually only takes 15-20 minutes to get on your card after you transfer it unless you purchase it at WalGreen's. For some reason there is an hour delay before you can even initiate transfer. I have used H&R Block off and on for 18 years (whenever my refund is larger enough that I want it fast!:)) I've had my emerald card since last year at tax time and used it since, I have my direct deposit sent there and everything. Haven't experienced ANY problems until February 15th of this year. Between them trying to update their computer system in the middle of tax time and implementing these new programs.
RUDY

United States

#55 Mar 17, 2008
HAS ANYONE HAD MONEY WITHDRAWN FROM THEIR ACCOUNT
I CALLED TO REPORT THIS FRAUD GOING ON AND THEY DID NOT CLOSE MY CARD THE THIEF GOT AWAY WITH OVER A THOUSAND DOLLARS AND I STILL HAVE NOT HEARD BACK FROM H&R OR THE BANK
Kellie

United States

#56 Mar 18, 2008
Can anyone tell me how to go online and find out the balance on my card without being CHARGED!!
I think H&R made a mistake when they came up with the emerald card...What a pain it has been to so many. Good luck all and thanks for your help.
denise

AOL

#57 Mar 24, 2008
The Emerald Card has got to be the worse thing H&R Block has ever done, they make it sound so good saying you wont get the extra charge for them to print your check and putting on the card is so much better but what they don't tell you is all the charges you get during months using the card and it will add up way over the amount of just printing your check in the office. The advance line of credit is a joke it is suppose to be year round but when you try to reapply and you owe nothing from before they deny, don't respond back, or give you some lame story about the card not working.
denise

AOL

#58 Mar 24, 2008
Kellie from IL to answer your question you need to go to www.onlinecardaccess.com/hrblockcard and register the card to see your balances. Read what it says to register then it should take you to where you need.
yvonne

AOL

#59 Apr 26, 2008
just trying to find out if you have an Emerald Card will you rebate rufund go to that card?
Rhonda

United States

#60 Apr 27, 2008
Is there any way to cancel these emerald cards? They are nothing but a hassle!!! I hope and pray our stimulus payment does not go on the darn thing. Hopefully they just send a check through the mail.. I'd rather wait for the check then mess with that card ANYMORE!!! Anyone with info would be greatly appreciated..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

H and R Block Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
no notice of interception of tax check (Feb '06) 1 hr Ronnie 35
News Don't Waste Your Money: H&R Block loses Refund ... (Jan '11) Mon HRB Preparer 19
H and R block mistake (Apr '08) Mon Customer 2016 24
emerald card available credit (Feb '09) Feb 25 Jeff 3
HR block sucks (Apr '11) Feb 25 DABRATS2006 68
Do NOT go to H & R Block (Mar '06) Feb 25 Speed 708
H&R Block Lies Feb 24 OytheGreat 4
More from around the web