parker1000

Nashville, TN

#225 Feb 1, 2012
never never again will i use h and r block
sunflower

Philadelphia, PA

#226 Feb 1, 2012
I was suppose to get my money on my emerald card today, called them and they said keep calling if it dont come call the irs! What a bunch of jerks, good for nothing! I`m Very upset!
sunflower

Philadelphia, PA

#227 Feb 1, 2012
parker1000 wrote:
never never again will i use h and r block
i hear u parker, i`ve been using them for years and i`m so done with them!
Kelly

Connersville, IN

#228 Feb 4, 2012
it also seems that i could have e-filed directly to irs and received refund just as fast and save a couple hundred dollars. the poor just keep getting crapped on
wanda

Piketon, OH

#229 Feb 7, 2012
Can I transfer the balance of my Emerald card to my bank account? If so, is there a fee for this?
Josh

Rehoboth, MA

#230 Feb 13, 2012
how long does it take for me to get my state refund i did my taxes 5/4/93, h&r black was telling me that it would take 5-7days but its been 9 and im still waiting....
kimba

United States

#231 Feb 23, 2012
marie wrote:
I filed mine on the 13th of January. H&R Block told me they only do depoists on the emerald card on Fridays. It's the 27th, I'm suppose to get it today and my card still say 0.00. What's the deal? If I have to wait until next Friday it'll be way past the 8-15 days. Very frustrating. I hate H&R Block, will never use them again.
Remember, it's usually business days they're referring to. So 8-15 business days is quite a bit more than just 8-15 days. And business days is usually bank hours so Sunday isn't a day...
Dustin

Odessa, TX

#232 Mar 15, 2012
I have had my Pay Check deposited onto our card for over a year now and never had any problems , other than the rediculous fees.( thats why i withdraw everything and spend cash)
But i had a Misterious $ 300 credit appear yesterday . and I did not apply for any loan or anything. Wondering where and WHY i got this money. It just says "Credit Transfer"
brandon

United States

#233 Apr 1, 2012
dustin. the reason for the 300 is because the bank backin the emerald car. d will give that much to you as a line of credit because your havin your checks deposited. it comes in handy for emergency cash and the payments are usually 40 a month
Fergie316

Tampa, FL

#234 Apr 3, 2012
I want to say I've used H&r block for years and never had a problem until this year when I applied for that emerald card. I will never use it again. Unauthorized purchases were made on my card and used in two different places and I filled out all the necessary paperwork and turned it in and the basically said sorry your loss. They did no investigation nor did they give me back my money that was taken out from me. I will never use the emerald card for nothing. Freaking losers!!!
Fergie316

Tampa, FL

#235 Apr 3, 2012
Melissa wrote:
<quoted text>
I recently noticed a withdraw from my account and it was in the pending status. I immediately called and found out it was from a salon in kentucky! I live in Indina. I explained that this was not my transaction and that I thought someone had stolen my cc information. I was on the phone for almost an hour with two different people and they informed me that the transaction was reversed, they'd deactivate my card and send me another.
I received my new card this morning and logged on (I couldn't log on and check until now because the deactivated my old card) My balance did not reflect the charge reversal but I could not see the card activity since it was on my old card. I called customer service and they wanted the number of my last card which I could not give them because I had cut it up and threw it away since the deactivated it and obviously someone had stolen the information. The customer service rep then referred me to their "fruad department" which was a recording that I needed to contact the merchant that I was disputing the charge with. I called back and spoke with a customer service rep and explained I had no merchant info since I was not the one that made the purchase and I was informed that this was the best they could do...the merchant had already collected the money!!! They wouldn't even give me the name/phone number of the merchant so I could call!!! Ridiculous...they are as fradulant as the person who stole my cc information! HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU NOT USE EMERALD CARD
reply: I so wish I knew about this post before I did my taxes and got this stupid card. Cause the same thing happened to me. They will not give me back my money.
ktx5kd

Duncanville, TX

#236 Jun 28, 2012
I have been using the H&R Block Emerald Card for a few few years now,and has never experienced ANY PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER!I also can't seem to understand why that complainant said they couldn't get a card with their name on it.Last year,early on,I requested one and I received it promptly.I'm also a full time customer of H&R BLOCK BANK,and will continue doing business with them.they have gone above and beyond being nice,courteous,and taking the time to fully answer any questions that I may have.I plan to be a lifelong customer!!!!!!
Tyler

Garden City, MO

#237 Oct 23, 2012
Does anyone know what day your allowed to start getting the emerald card loan??
mike

Chicago, IL

#239 Nov 18, 2012
It starts Monday the 19thnumbers of nov.
Lil Lin

United States

#240 Dec 1, 2012
I used to go to hr block too. But its so easy to do your own taxes nowadays. And you keep every dime. No hidden or outlandish fees attached. And best of all its FREE.
jason w

Denver, CO

#241 Dec 28, 2012
The twenty dollar fee occurs if you choose to go to an affiliate bank to withdraw all funds from your card. I went to US Bank to withdraw two thousand dollars an that is when the twenty dollar charge was assessed. Otherwise, the charges are the same as most atm fees.
Brandon

Myrtle Beach, SC

#242 Feb 7, 2013
It is Feb 07,2013 My funds were suppose to be accessible last night. However I have the Emerald Card because it was cheaper than doing direct deposit. I woke up this morning and went to Wally World when I was told my card didn't work. Come to find out the bank deposited my funds FIVE times. After calling all morning and well into early evening my funds were again accessible. So I run back to the store and YET again my card is rejected. So I go home and call AGAIN and they tell me my card has been restricted AND THEY CAN'T TELL ME WHY OUR TAKE IT OFF! They told me to call later and see if it has been taken off. Now mind you I have filed with these people for the past four years. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!
Rachel

Geneva, GA

#243 Feb 7, 2013
Same problem here !!!! I have used them for years and never did I imagine anything like this happening . My card is also restricted because of the same multiple deposits they made . It is not my problem , n now you can't even get on touch with them !!!! They also do not know when it will b fixed :( I guess this is what 300 dollars of accounting skills look like !
Nicole

Roanoke, VA

#244 Feb 7, 2013
Brandon wrote:
It is Feb 07,2013 My funds were suppose to be accessible last night. However I have the Emerald Card because it was cheaper than doing direct deposit. I woke up this morning and went to Wally World when I was told my card didn't work. Come to find out the bank deposited my funds FIVE times. After calling all morning and well into early evening my funds were again accessible. So I run back to the store and YET again my card is rejected. So I go home and call AGAIN and they tell me my card has been restricted AND THEY CAN'T TELL ME WHY OUR TAKE IT OFF! They told me to call later and see if it has been taken off. Now mind you I have filed with these people for the past four years. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!
the same thing happened to me. i woke up this morning with over $31,000 on my card. now my balance is correct and i sitll cant use my card so i called and spoke with my local h&r block rep and she said the bank has put a hold on all the cards until they can get the problem taken care of. i have filed with them for 4 yrs also and i dont think i will next yr. good luck to you i hope they get it resolved soon
Brandon

Myrtle Beach, SC

#245 Feb 7, 2013
Yes I have been fighting this since midnight last night. So I have asked for there main branch. They gave me a FAX number. Now I am trying to get a direct number to H&R Block Bank's number. 888-687-4722. They keep giving me the run around I have talked to manager after manager and they KEEP say they UNDERSTAND what I am going through.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

H and R Block Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do NOT go to H & R Block (Mar '06) Dec 13 outspoken 668
HR Block Bank Direct Deposit and Emerald Pre pa... (Dec '06) Dec 12 italianboy 784
H&R Block Tax Course Information (Jul '07) Oct '14 CINDY 73
H&R Block reviews: your taxes are worth a Secon... (Mar '12) Oct '14 boy23 155
no notice of interception of tax check (Feb '06) Oct '14 Beth in Florida 32
H&R Block "Peace of Mind", or a big Scam? (Mar '08) Aug '14 ash 106
hrblock prepaid master card( emerald card) (Dec '07) Aug '14 Mari 141