H&R Block Emerald card
First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Deanna B

United States

#1 Jan 31, 2008
I have had my emerald card since February 2007. I have ordered the personalized card and also have my payroll direct deposited into my account with no problem. Now in 2008 I decided to file my taxes independently using the IRS web site and have my refund direct deposited into my emerald account effective January 25th. H&R has no record of my funds being deposited. So right now I'm trying to track down several thousands of dollars and H&R's response is basically good luck.
Jeanie

New Berlin, NY

#2 Jan 31, 2008
Deanna..you're not alone, read this forum topic:

http://www.topix.com/forum/com/hrb/T8KOP3PIKS...
Ricky Clark

Opelika, AL

#3 Feb 7, 2008
If guys figure out what I need to do let me know. I have tried calleing HR BLOCK main office in kansas city. Mo..No luck..Im trying to track down my refund with the rest of you guys.If I see a solution or vis versa, let me know. I also done my taxes on their software (tax cut)..My deposit should have been deposited on my card on feb.1, 2008. I even called the irs, and they told me that the check was sent to HR Block Bank. But when I call HRBlock...they show no record of my funds..Only my care info... HELP !!
Ricky Clark

Opelika, AL

#4 Feb 7, 2008
OH by the way, I contact HR block offices around here, and their district managers, and it seems if I was left along. Those people had no clue how to help me. Since it was done on line and not in their office. By the way, I use to work for Block. wonder why I dont work their anymore.
nicole

Bowling Green, KY

#5 Feb 8, 2008
I had that problem too..........finally after 14 -15 days my money came through the bank HSBC. I personally called the bank because I was getting no where with H&R block. I paid for rapid an I will never do the emerald card again.
lisa

Nashville, TN

#6 Feb 8, 2008
are the funds deposited at a certain time each day or do they do it all day long
Sharon B

United States

#7 Feb 8, 2008
The emerald card has been a real hassle for me. Started out great but didn't stay that way. They must be making a killing off of these cards,because every time I turn around there's another fee. A fee for getting and spending my money. They even charge you for calling customer service, first 2 are free and then it is $2 per call, and the customer service stinks they are rude and unhelpful. Pending charges can be held on your account for up to 21 days. Tieing up your cash. I don't think I will be using H&R Block again. I will make sure that next time my money goes direct deposit to my checking account. Live and learn.
Ricky clark

AOL

#8 Feb 8, 2008
This is for nicole..I called HSBC bank and they have no records at all..What phone number do you have on them...I even had a emerald advance from December, and have been billed, but they show no record of that either...I use to be a tax preparer for hrblock..not anymore...
im realy irritated

Madison, WI

#9 Feb 12, 2008
i have been trying to get my savings money switched to my checking account and i cant talk to anyone on the phone i was on hold for two hours and they for some reason cant find my state return this is the most irritating thing that ive delt with in a long time i just want to scream
Yvonne

Gilbert, AZ

#10 Feb 14, 2008
I understand your pain. I filled on the 4 of Feb and was told I didn't qualify for the 1-2 hour loan , but did qualify for the 1-2 day loan. It's the 14th of Feb and still no taxes. I called their 1-800 and 1866 phn numbers and have not been able to figure out anything and still not money. I used H&r Block for the last 3-4 years with this service and never received any problems like this. What kind of scam are they running? I know that they we sued a couple of years ago, maybe another lawsuit may make them close down or give us back our money. Cause ITS OR MONEY!!!!!!!!!! Most of us use it to pay bills and catch up.
Let me know if anyone is interested. I'm calling the media and writing to the Governor of my state
Gary

United States

#11 Feb 14, 2008
I am still on hold trying to reach someone at HR Block Bank. I got my Emerald Card, used it and paid all the fees. I did my taxes on line and received my refund last week. My refund was short $529. I know some of this was fees kept by Block and I am cool with that. However, those fees are only around $50. The other money should be for my Emerald Card, but after a week I still show no payment applied to the card. I called Emerald and they were no help. I called the local office and was blown off there as well. I know at this point I am not sending any money to Block for the card and will not pay any fees for being late on my payment. They want $476 by tomorow. They already have the money, apply it.
Brett

United States

#12 Feb 15, 2008
We recieved the Emerald advance of $500 at the end of December . We filed our taxes and recieved our refund minus $476.00 . Our Emerald card showed zero balance on bolth savings and the advance side yesterday. All done right ! I even put $50 back on the card to have something on it. BUT , Now we are being told we still owe the advance of $500 and that it was not taken off our tax return and its do in full today FEB. 15 or we are in default ! The customer service reps are rude and demanding the office personel where we had out taxes done know nothing !
Chitashia

Cottonwood, AZ

#13 Feb 15, 2008
I have been fighting with H and R Block ever since I filled my taxes on January 15th The customer service is no help. I had the card last year and had no problem. I made a purchase for $180.00 on the 18th of january and canceled it. here itis february 15th and H and R Block is still holding those funds and when I tried to talk to customer service they charged me 2 dollars and hung up on me. Is there something that can be done?
Brett

United States

#14 Feb 15, 2008
Update , I tried calling the H and R block office to talk to someone about my Emerald advance . I was told I would have to wait to talk to the person that did my taxes. I said no I need help now . Then another person got on the phone and said pay it or face penalties . What penalties I said ? He said they did not have that information on how much in penalties. I tried to make a apointment, no one avaliable .I left a message . No one called us back. What is this ? Whats next ? I refuse to pay $500 again for what they took out anyway ? Can anyone help me with this ?
Barbara

Grand Bay, AL

#15 Feb 16, 2008
Yvonne wrote:
I understand your pain. I filled on the 4 of Feb and was told I didn't qualify for the 1-2 hour loan , but did qualify for the 1-2 day loan. It's the 14th of Feb and still no taxes. I called their 1-800 and 1866 phn numbers and have not been able to figure out anything and still not money. I used H&r Block for the last 3-4 years with this service and never received any problems like this. What kind of scam are they running? I know that they we sued a couple of years ago, maybe another lawsuit may make them close down or give us back our money. Cause ITS OR MONEY!!!!!!!!!! Most of us use it to pay bills and catch up.
Let me know if anyone is interested. I'm calling the media and writing to the Governor of my state
Yvonne:

Or anyone who has future planes to file a suit (law) against H & R Block please let me know and I will be the first one with you in line. I have been trying to ascertain information regarding our re-fund for sometime now with no luck. Trying to get through to customer service is as hard as trying to get a seat on the space shuttle for a quick visit to the moon. We filed on Feb 5th and were told we could check after the 16th of Feb. and everything should be there. Trying to check, and trying to speak with customer service has been a hassle so again anyone who has future plans on taking this matter with H&R Block further please let me know I will provide my contact information when you all are ready.

Thank You…They can’t get away with this thievery, and deception.
crystal Oklahoma

Indiahoma, OK

#16 Feb 16, 2008
I cant believe i am hearing this i am also missing money in the sum of a few thousand and i have been hung up on by the bank and h and r block. I will be contacting channel news 4 next week to do an investigation on this I thought i was the only person having this problem if those reading this dont mind i would like to submit everyones comments to the news station.
Brett

Yuba City, CA

#17 Feb 20, 2008
Update, now I am being told that the date to pay back the Emerald advance is Febuary 22 , 2008 . I just checked my balance on my Emerald card and Savings I am missing $13.00 , gone . Now it says zero, zero . This is so confusing !
Tyz

Seabrook, TX

#18 Feb 20, 2008
I want my money now, i went to HR Block on the 2 of Feb. and told me i wasnt approve 1-2 hour loan but i would get my money in 1-2 days.Its the 20 of Feb. and still havent got my money. What kind of scam is this
stephanie

United States

#19 Feb 20, 2008
i am on hold right now with this stupid place i have been transfered like 5 times today and have been on hold for 97 min as of now and nobody can speak with me cause my names not on the card they only put my husbands name on there and will filed jointly they tell me to call the office i do that office says call customer service it states on the web page to send you spouse a card call 866-353-1266 none of these people now what they are doing tv says with h and r block you have people we have ignorant teenagers that are monkey piss n around
terrence

Denmark, SC

#20 Feb 21, 2008
i did my taxes using hr block taxcut online. i got my state the next week and have been waiting on my federal for almost three weeks. the irs said that it was deposited every since the 7th of february. its the 21st of feb and i still dont have it. taxcut and hr block customer services are a bunch of idiots that probably couldnt find there butts if it wasnt attached.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

H and R Block Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Payroll direct deposit on emerald card? (Aug '08) Sep 5 Erica everpure 17
Do NOT go to H & R Block (Mar '06) Aug '17 MBa 719
H&R Block "Peace of Mind", or a big Scam? (Mar '08) Aug '17 Jallen1956 120
My paycheck direct deposit! Jul '17 Shay 1
News H&R Block reviews: your taxes are worth a Secon... (Mar '12) Jun '17 Chucklethe Truck 160
H and R block mistake (Apr '08) Jun '17 Gayle 30
hrblock prepaid master card( emerald card) (Dec '07) May '17 Dictionary 159
More from around the web