hrblock prepaid master card( emerald ...
Joel

AOL

#102 Feb 28, 2009
do not use this card it is bogus,they will promise you x amount of money and they will not give it to you.i have been waiting several weeks now for my money.these people have not released it due to an alert on my credit report!this is bull.... do not use hr block
paradise

United States

#103 Mar 1, 2009
The same thing happened to me last year and I have yet to recieve my $1000.00 I won't use them again either.
Tifini wrote:
<quoted text>
The cardholder site does NOTHING for you just like the customer service # on the card... NOTHING!!! Its a rip off
Linda

Los Angeles, CA

#104 Mar 16, 2009
I enjoyed my card. It made it easier for me to get what I needed done. I'm always on the go, driving here and there. I don't like carrying cash with me. Having the card was the best way for me to go. I never had a problem finding the website to find my balance and was not shocked to see and "additional" fee's. Nothing different then having fee's through a checking account. I will be returning to HR Block next year and year's after.
Kim

Austin, TX

#105 Mar 17, 2009
Another long time H&R Block user that will NEVER return. The Emerald Card is not user friendly and has so many "hidden" fees. Due to a "computer glitch" it took more than 10 days to get my return. A friend did her taxes on the IRS website and got her return just as quick without handing over a couple hundred dollars to H&R.
LOVEMYEMERALDCAR D

Hamilton, OH

#106 Mar 27, 2009
I have never had any problems with the Emerald Card, EVER! I have direct deposit and money has never vanished. In fact I perfer this card over normal banks. There are also never overdraft fees. And now you can apply for a line of credit as long as you have direct deposit and the money posts right to the card. I think it's great and if you are having problems chances are you have done something wrong. Just my opinion though...
disillusioned

Santa Fe, NM

#107 Apr 3, 2009
HR Block emerald card is evil...these guys are crooks. They will screw you at every turn, and charge you to speak to staff who cannot help you!
Terrah

Elmhurst, IL

#108 Oct 22, 2009
Melanie Benson wrote:
I love using my Emerald card. Its so much better than having cash on you, and I haven't had any problems with it either.
I haven't had any problems either and I've been using them since 2007.
Terrah

Elmhurst, IL

#109 Oct 22, 2009
I haven't had any problems and I have been using the Emerald card since 2007.
vero

Darby, PA

#110 Nov 20, 2009
I've been wit h&r 4 3 yrs and never hada prblm so watz up wit everybody
Laurie

Saint Paul, MN

#111 Nov 24, 2009
I have had no problems with the Emerald Card whatsoever. I trust this over a regular bank any day. We had people stealing from our accounts at both US Bank and Bremer Bank, but not one thing has been missing from my Emerald Card. I do get a little ticked that I have to pay money to talk to someone, but when you aren't getting surprise overdrafts and money missing, it's a small price to pay!!!!
Laurie

Saint Paul, MN

#112 Nov 24, 2009
Forgot to mention that my paycheck from my job gets directed deposited like clock work every payday. I have never had them tell me that it wasn't going to post until a week later, etc. I would recommend this card to anyone!!!
Desiree

Chicago, IL

#113 Dec 17, 2009
At first I thought this card was a good thing, until I started making purchaes with the card. If you ever have to return something that you have purchased with the card or God forbid if you cancell an online purchase OMG!!! You will go through hell so alert the decisples cause you're gonna need all 12 and the Good Lord too.They placed a 30 day hold on a cancelled online purchase. the order was cancelled before the merchant could ever collect, and the bank put it own hold on my money. You have already read about how much the customer service sucks, so I won't even go there, I can tell you my experience was the same,I spoke to so many unhelpful people it was sickening. They tell me have the merchant fax an authorized release, I had the merchant do that three times, still no go! the bank associated with Block is HSBC, they are from hell. Block claims they have no way to talk to these people and when you call. Even the merchant couldn't beleive it!! I recommend that when you get funds or tax refunds deposited on this card, withdraw all the money out, and put it under your mattress, it's safer there!NEVER EVER USE THE CARD TO MAKE PURCHASES,ESPECIALLY DURING THE HOLIDAY SEASON AS YOU KNOW RETURNS ARE LIKELY.
Desiree

Chicago, IL

#114 Dec 17, 2009
LOVEMYEMERALDCARD wrote:
I have never had any problems with the Emerald Card, EVER! I have direct deposit and money has never vanished. In fact I perfer this card over normal banks. There are also never overdraft fees. And now you can apply for a line of credit as long as you have direct deposit and the money posts right to the card. I think it's great and if you are having problems chances are you have done something wrong. Just my opinion though...
This person must be working for H&R Block or HSBC, and enyone else that has said this bull.
melanie

Houston, TX

#116 Jan 8, 2010
John wrote:
I have been using the card for over a year now with direct deposits and everything, with absolutely no problems. Until today I want to make an online purchase and my card was declined. I called cust serv. and he told me that the account has been closed by the bank. Now tell me why would a bank shut down an account that has been VERY MUCH active for over a year. I also Have around 600 in there right now.
i dont know but i have used this card for 8yrs never had a problem now this yr i used my card one time and then it was closed called cust. service they said they didnt know why that there was no notes attached to my acc.they opened it agin,i used it one more time and again it was closed.This keeps happening ,its not me closing acc.and bank said they dont know why it keeps being closed.It's really aggravating.
Tim

Perry, FL

#117 Jan 19, 2010
Can you take the card to your bank and have them transfer the balance of the card to your banking account? I am curious because i am not looking forward to using this card. it sounds like highway robbery to me
Marie

Royal, IA

#118 Jan 20, 2010
I was told when we applied for an advance on our taxes that the card would be closed from a certain date in January to another in February, I'm assuming for tax readiness purposes. We have had our card for about four years now and have not had a problem so far. We have had RALs, advances, paychecks and regular income taxes added to our card with no hassle. We have not had to call customer service for anything so have never had to pay the $2.00 fee. I guess it just depends on where you go to have your taxes. Our H&R Block is smaller and we absolutely love the lady that does our taxes. I wish everyone luck and hopes for a good tax season!
Fran

Flagstaff, AZ

#119 Feb 1, 2010
I think they are robbing people I went to do my taxes on 1-20-2010 and i applied to see if I could get the money in minutes and I was declined no reason given and then she told me I would get my money in 2 days so I called the number on the card she gave me and it told me that I was declined for the RAL aswell she told me at the office the money would be on the card she never told me that there could be achance that I would be declined for that aswell so I am waitung for the money because they said it would be 8-15 days and guess what there was no difference in waht they charged me to do my taxes it was over $336 dollars and when I went to the bank, the other day they charged me 1.5%of the toatal amount i wanted off the card it is not a 20 dollar fee they charged me $104 dallars to get my refund off the card they are scammers and liars and your right none of them no the right answer to any question you ask them, I now know why I didnt want to use them especially when I could have only paid $16.oo and got back allthe fee money they charged me by just doing it online myself they really take advantage of people who need there money right away because I normally have a lady do my taxes every yr and it takes her forever to get them done i couldnt wait this yr i should have. Its a damn shame.
KAY

Moseley, VA

#120 Feb 17, 2010
I wish I had read this sight before I got a green card. I was sold by a H & R rep.on the card well I now waiting for a refund to my card for an error that was not of my doing. I report the mistake with in 24hrs when it showed on my statment,I was told that I had to file a dispute, which I did within 30 minutes with all proper documetaion to by up the dispute.After three days of no response and no credit to my card, numberous phone cards where you have to give everything but blood when you are transfered 20 different time to finally be hung up on after 47 minutes of being transfered to be put on hold. I went though this proceedure for three days @ 3hrs and 27 minutes of my time on the phone to get an answer. One week later I finally got to a person that told me that the dispute was settled and the money would be applied to my card on 2/22/10 this 17 days after the fact,I asked to talk to a manger because I find this unfair for them to have my money this long,I was told by the person on the phone that the decission could not be changed. I asked @ 9 times to talk to a manger and was told they have not mangers or anyone in charge, and the dission could not be reversed, so I'm still waiting for my money which they are holding, They are using my money,Do you think I will Get interest on the time they had it.I think not. Beware if you are thinking about the Green card. if I had read this sight first I would have not even concider it.
jessie

York, PA

#121 Mar 19, 2010
can i go to a bank and have the money taken off my emerald card and given to me if so what bank and what will this cost me
Jim

Guntersville, AL

#123 Mar 26, 2010
Fran wrote:
I think they are robbing people I went to do my taxes on 1-20-2010 and i applied to see if I could get the money in minutes and I was declined no reason given and then she told me I would get my money in 2 days so I called the number on the card she gave me and it told me that I was declined for the RAL aswell she told me at the office the money would be on the card she never told me that there could be achance that I would be declined for that aswell so I am waitung for the money because they said it would be 8-15 days and guess what there was no difference in waht they charged me to do my taxes it was over $336 dollars and when I went to the bank, the other day they charged me 1.5%of the toatal amount i wanted off the card it is not a 20 dollar fee they charged me $104 dallars to get my refund off the card they are scammers and liars and your right none of them no the right answer to any question you ask them, I now know why I didnt want to use them especially when I could have only paid $16.oo and got back allthe fee money they charged me by just doing it online myself they really take advantage of people who need there money right away because I normally have a lady do my taxes every yr and it takes her forever to get them done i couldnt wait this yr i should have. Its a damn shame.
When You apply for a loan YOU may be denied. The tax preparer doesn't how you have screw up your financial life. Only you can blame someone else for what you have done. Get a life and start accepting responsibility for your own actions. Don't say you didn't know it was a loan because it is written in 2 inch blue letters at the bottom of the form. ALSO, pay your childsupport, taxes, student loans, and all of your obligations and your life will run smoother and then some of the things that happen to might be someone elses fault. Until then no one will listen to your whining!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

H and R Block Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
H and R block mistake (Apr '08) Jun 16 Gayle 30
HR block sucks (Apr '11) May '17 Roy 74
H&R Block "Peace of Mind", or a big Scam? (Mar '08) May '17 Jallen1956 115
Do NOT go to H & R Block (Mar '06) Apr '17 Butterfly 715
H&R Block Emerald card (Jan '08) Apr '17 Butterfly 285
HR Block Bank Direct Deposit and Emerald Pre pa... (Dec '06) Apr '17 Dakota Madden 799
CraigC Mar '17 CraigC 1
More from around the web