hrblock prepaid master card( emerald ...
Evelene R Littles

Winter Haven, FL

#81 Jul 10, 2008
I dont like the fact I cant get any kind of a loam deposited into my account. That must CHANGE.
Evelene R Littles

Winter Haven, FL

#82 Jul 10, 2008
I dont like the fact I cant get any kind of a loan deposited into my account, THAT MUST CHANGE.
Katy

Chattanooga, TN

#83 Jul 21, 2008
I've been using my Emerald card for almost a year now for direct deposit at my job. I love it, and have NEVER had any problems from it. If you read everything you were given with your card (all the fine print you should ALWAYS read with ANYthing no matter what) then you will know all the charges for each thing the card entails. That's just how these types of cards work. All prepaid credit cards have the same charges. Not the best thing, but if you don't have any other means, then it works good enough. There are ways around the charges. I check my balance online and use the card as credit instead of debit. Also, instead of going to an ATM, I go to Wal-mart and just get cash back on my card as needed. It has worked pretty well for me ever since I started using these methods. My tax refund was posted as expected (on time, and now my pay check is posted every week as expected. I hate that anyone else had issues with theirs, however. Good day.
satisfied customer

Orlando, FL

#84 Jul 24, 2008
www.onlinecardaccess.com/main/hrblockcard/Hom...
and you do not get charged for using the automated system. You get charged when you speak with a customer service rep. Read your list of fees.
shanta wrote:
this card is full of crap!! beware. Please watch for monies that disappear. God help you if you need to talk with a supervisor. I stayed on the line with the representive for 2 hours and spoke with ten different person's without any resolution. It's not worth the time. This card makes more money off the cardholder, than the cardholder spend I speak from experience. Do the MATH and watch you account. Oh! by the way you will never find the website you need to check you balance on line. When you use the automative system that another charge.
Robin

Plano, TX

#85 Jul 29, 2008
BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE. BEING CHARGED FOR NEW CARD AND FASTER DELIVERY WHEN I WAS NEVER INFORMED THAT MY OLD CARD WOULD BE CANCLED AND UNACCESSABLE. IF I WOULD HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN I WOULD HAVE REMOVED ALL MONEYS FROM MY CARD AND MADE OTHER ARRANGEMENTS FOR MY PAYCHECK.
EVERYTIME I CALLED THE CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER I WAS GIVEN WRONG INFORMATION, HUNG UP ON OR TRANSFERRED TO THE WRONG DEPARTMENT. THE LAST TIME I CALLED ON 7/28 AND WAS SUPPOSE TO BE TRASNFERRED TO A SUPERVISOR I WAS TAKEN TO LINE THAT TOLD ME THE OFFICE WAS NOW CLOSED AND I WOULD HAVE TO CALL BACK. NEVER IN MY LIFE HAVE I RECEIVED SUCH BAD SERVICE. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHO THIS BANK IS REGULATED BY, IF ITS THE OCC, OR THE FEDERAL RESERVE BOARD. ALSO ANY EXEC. NUMBERS I CAN CALL AND REPORT THIS TO.
Rebecca-moviephi le

Jackson, MS

#86 Aug 15, 2008
satisfied customer wrote:
www.onlinecardaccess.com/main/ hrblockcard/Home
and you do not get charged for using the automated system. You get charged when you speak with a customer service rep. Read your list of fees.
<quoted text>
Hey satisfied customer - i don't know who you are responding to but good luck with that automated system. I had some questions that could not be answered by reading the info on the system. I have sent 20 emails and the response is ALWAYS THE SAME !!! PLEASE CALL THIS TELE# FOR SERVICE. They do not read the emails they do not respond to them, you are FORCED to call customer service and you only get 2 free calls a year and you gotta pay for the rest. i have never received one single response to any email that has ever been sent, except an automatic response. And I know they don't ever read them because I said I was going to contact the Department of Commerce and Insurance and nobody responded to that!! If they were reading them or taking care of business they would have contacted me.

I haven't had any problems with my card in general (getting my money or deposit problems) but i have NEVER RECEIVED A SINGLE STATEMENT and direct deposit people are supposed to get one monthly, plus I indicated that I wanted paper statements on my account (on the computer) and I have had this account for 6 months, but have never gotten a single statement!!

The customer service is a joke. Apparently they only have like 2 people because I get the same non-english as a first language girl everytime - she doesn't understand english well enough to understand my questions and even if she did understand english, i think she wouldn't understand my questions because she's stupid and probably makes minimum wage. When I asked to speak to a supervisor i was on hold forever until I hung up (one time) and the other time I just got transferred to another department who didn't even know why I was transferred over there (basically she just hit transfer and got rid of me)

WAZZUP HR BLOCK???? WHEN YOU GONNA GET AUDITED AND FINED, YO? The people at the hr block locations are trained to act like they don't know anything. The manager of the branch here told me she didn't have ANY TELEPHONE numbers to the home offce. THE MANAGER, DOESN'T - HAVE - ANY - TELEPHONE - NUMBERS OF HER OWN SUPERIORS.(bullshit) and told me they couldn't tell me the fee amounts of their services IN ADVANCE. Not only wrong I think it's illegal.

So satisfied customer, since you obviously work for HR Block - heed this...I have worked in the financial industry for 12 years and am now in the legal business. I know the ropes and I know when I'm being conned, etc. I will be reporting all this to whatever proper regulatory authorities I can. This whole operation is a scam designed to force people to make the phone calls and charge the little fees, that on their end add up to lots o money. SCAM
Angie

West Des Moines, IA

#87 Aug 22, 2008
I am done with the emerald card!!!!! After getting my taxes put on it I started to direct deposit my work checks on there. Everytime I used it I would check my balance and I always knew how much money I would have....I started noticing money missing off my balance...up to over $125!!!! When I called hr block they would not listen and kept putting me through to other people that still wasnt listening!! They did not help me and acted like there was no money missing when there was!!!!!!! DO NOT TRUST THEM!!!
shana

Tucson, AZ

#88 Nov 16, 2008
I will never use them again i have nothing but promblems no help.And when you get them on the phone they r rude.My money has been missing no one knows were my damn money is at were it went.If you r in hard times and a single parent don't get a card it will make things worse.
BAMA

United States

#89 Dec 10, 2008
Rebecca-moviephile wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey satisfied customer - i don't know who you are responding to but good luck with that automated system. I had some questions that could not be answered by reading the info on the system. I have sent 20 emails and the response is ALWAYS THE SAME !!! PLEASE CALL THIS TELE# FOR SERVICE. They do not read the emails they do not respond to them, you are FORCED to call customer service and you only get 2 free calls a year and you gotta pay for the rest. i have never received one single response to any email that has ever been sent, except an automatic response. And I know they don't ever read them because I said I was going to contact the Department of Commerce and Insurance and nobody responded to that!! If they were reading them or taking care of business they would have contacted me.
I haven't had any problems with my card in general (getting my money or deposit problems) but i have NEVER RECEIVED A SINGLE STATEMENT and direct deposit people are supposed to get one monthly, plus I indicated that I wanted paper statements on my account (on the computer) and I have had this account for 6 months, but have never gotten a single statement!!
The customer service is a joke. Apparently they only have like 2 people because I get the same non-english as a first language girl everytime - she doesn't understand english well enough to understand my questions and even if she did understand english, i think she wouldn't understand my questions because she's stupid and probably makes minimum wage. When I asked to speak to a supervisor i was on hold forever until I hung up (one time) and the other time I just got transferred to another department who didn't even know why I was transferred over there (basically she just hit transfer and got rid of me)
WAZZUP HR BLOCK???? WHEN YOU GONNA GET AUDITED AND FINED, YO? The people at the hr block locations are trained to act like they don't know anything. The manager of the branch here told me she didn't have ANY TELEPHONE numbers to the home offce. THE MANAGER, DOESN'T - HAVE - ANY - TELEPHONE - NUMBERS OF HER OWN SUPERIORS.(bullshit) and told me they couldn't tell me the fee amounts of their services IN ADVANCE. Not only wrong I think it's illegal.
So satisfied customer, since you obviously work for HR Block - heed this...I have worked in the financial industry for 12 years and am now in the legal business. I know the ropes and I know when I'm being conned, etc. I will be reporting all this to whatever proper regulatory authorities I can. This whole operation is a scam designed to force people to make the phone calls and charge the little fees, that on their end add up to lots o money. SCAM
. AMEN!!!! So far all the block employees replying on here are rude.must be one of the qualifications to get hired as csr
BAMA

United States

#90 Dec 10, 2008
PayUpDeadBeat wrote:
<quoted text>
The word is already out.
It's in all the materials you were given that fully disclose each and every charge.
Let me get this straight:
You should have gone with the check in the first place.
Your inability to make a damned decision causes inconvenience and needless work for others - it's right that you should pay.
.yeh listen to what payupdeadbeat says about inconvenience and needless work thats all block is good for is inconvenience and needless work and needless phonecalls etc, block has inconvenienced me for the last time. im saving time and money by going elsewhere.thanks for making my decision easier by showing how rude and thoughtless block employees are :)
PENNY YOUNG

Carlsbad, NM

#91 Jan 5, 2009
I HAVE USED H&R BLOCK FOR 3 YEARS AND DIDN'T HAVE A PROBLEM UNTIL THIS YEAR. I GOT THE EMERALD CARD (BIG MISTAKE) AND HAD THEM PUT ALL MY INCOME TAX, STATE AND FEDERAL ON IT. I ALSO ADDED MONEY TO THE CARD IN APRIL OF 2008. NOW THEY ARE SAYING I OWE THEM 125.96 FOR MONEY I NEVER RECEIVED. I HAVE SPOKE TO EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHER SINCE 12/4/2008 AND I HAVE GOT NO CLEAR ANSWER TO WHAT THE HELL THE FEES ARE. THEY TOLD ME I SENT A CHECK AND IT WAS SENT BACK FOR NSF. I NEVER SENT THEM A CHECK!!!!!!! THEY ALREADY SENT IT TO COLLECTIONS. IT'S ON MY CREDIT REPORT. THE BAD THING ABOUT THIS WHOLE DEAL IS THAT YOU CAN'T EVEN TALK TO THE BANK REPS, YOU JUST KEEP GETTING THE DAMN CUSTOMER SERVICE CALL CENTER!!!!! THE OFFICE WE HAVE HERE IN CARLSBAD NEW MEXICO IS ALSO TRYING TO FIND OUT WHAT HELL WENT WRONG AND CAN'T GET ANY STRAIGHT ANSWERS FROM THE BANK EITHER. I DON'T BLAME THEM AT ALL BUT HR BLOCKBANK NEEDS TO COME UP WITH A BETTER SYSTEM ON HELPING CUSTOMERS. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE EVER AGAIN. I AM IN THE PROCESS OF HIRING AN ATTORNEY TO SUE THEM.
I want my check

United States

#92 Jan 5, 2009
S-honey wrote:
i thought i should get one to have my unemployment insurance direct deposited to it, biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig mistake!!!!!! not only didn't they post it to my account, they told me it would take up to two - three week to post!!! now i'm late on my rent, phone's cut off, can't buy food and i have three children to feed. so - key words of advice "DON"T TRUST HRBLOCK BANK WITH YOU MONEY -YOU"LL NEVER GET IT!!!!!"
It sounds like you need a job and a bank account.
Keisha

Worcester, MA

#94 Feb 10, 2009
The card sucks and you can never get a customer service rep
yoyo

Dandridge, TN

#95 Feb 10, 2009
not only the card is a rip off h&r block is a rip off so i advise everyone to go else where to file your taxes. It dont make any sense that i filed my taxes and went 8-15 days and didnt get them back for weeks after that 8-15 days and the money that was charge to do 8-15 was not reinburst, i was told that i would have to file charges against h&r block
Sally Ragdoll

Denton, TX

#96 Feb 12, 2009
Yes, my husaband and I did our taxes as H&R block last week. We were told they no longer do paper checks, and we can only recieve out money through them witht he emerald card. Well, like idiots, we said fine, and put down to recieve it in two days. well here it is a week later, and still nothing. Customer service has no idea whats going on. And to top it all off they charge 2 dollars every time we call. What kind of bull is that. Im still waiting for the money, and they seem to not know anything to be able to help me. This is the last time we will be doing out taxes there. I also been sieng we are not the only ones to have this problem. I should have went to Jackson hewitt,
Rick and Kathy

Gilbertsville, PA

#97 Feb 13, 2009
We too have been a customer with h&r block for years and never had a problem till this year. The emerald card is a scam.DO NOT GET THE EMERALD CARD!!! We will no longer be customers of H&R block. I went to the bank to deposit OUR funds and the bank could not deposit transaction, the card said the OUR funds were not available. They tried smaller transactions which let them put some of the money into OUR account but the remaining amount was not available. Not sure at this point what is going on I called to check my balance when I got home and it was 40.00 short. I was charged a fee by H&R Block. I called customer service and sat on the phone for over 1/2hr. to talk to a live person( which is also a 2.00 fee) and the person on the phone lied to me and said that my bank must have charged me the fee. So the trusting fool I am called my bank and No they do not charge any fees for depositing OUR money. I of course at this point am extremely angry and try to call customer service again and sat on the phone another 20min. before hanging up. I still have to go to the bank tomorrow and try to deposit the rest of OUR money so I can enjoy yet another 20.00 fee. Not only did I pay for H&R Block to do my taxes now we are loosing another 60.00 (plus my 2.00 live person fee)to deposit our own hard earned money. THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING THAT WE CAN DO ABOUT THIS!!!
John H and R Block Client

AOL

#98 Feb 14, 2009
I have been using H&R Block Tax Services for the past 20 years.
They prepared and completed my tax return within 1-2 days. It was a complex tax returns, so I had to visit tax office twice. The fee was reasonable,+$30.00 for Peace of Mind Guarantee. I paid the total fees up front, and had my Federal & State tax refunds direct deposit into my checking account.
The services have been great!
I do not believe in using their Bank Products; RAL, RAC and Emerald Card.
I heard from 10 of my friends who use them; 9 out of ten complained some kind of "Ripped Off".
I only can share my view that I use their good services and I paid them cash. At the end of the day, I have no problems!
John Chin
ben cheated

AOL

#99 Feb 14, 2009
i received my card put in the pin number and got turned down 4X's then i went to another mac machine and it kept my card, and said call your banks financial institution. what is that about. it is oour money and i will take this to our tv station with other people who were cheated by you. unhappy and ben cheated.
John H and R Block Client

AOL

#100 Feb 19, 2009
Many of my friends got the Emerald Cards from H&R Block. All of them are not happy with the cards, the services, and almost never got thru with customer services. If they got thru... they were charged with the fee of $2.00 per call.
I personally, would never get the card.
John Chin
Kay

AOL

#101 Feb 26, 2009
I have been using the emerald card now for 2 yrs I found the best way to get your money is at a grocery store asking for cash back...you are given a pin and you use it as a debit...But one thing I didn't like about the online banking is it doesn't show me my Deposits...I'm afraid I don't completely trust in it...I have deposited thru the green dot card from walgreens before without a problem...But there are a lot of charges on there..This is why I go to the atm once
and for all after I recieve my income tax...To get only one charge...But I think H&R Block is getting too high..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

H and R Block Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
H&R Block Tax Course Information (Jul '07) Aug 10 kja 74
HR block sucks (Apr '11) Aug 4 Hootie47 58
H&R Block Emerald card (Jan '08) May '15 lyndsey 271
hr block lost my files!! - they have no idea wh... (Mar '11) May '15 Aldona 7
Payroll direct deposit on emerald card? (Aug '08) Apr '15 tnt 9
Do NOT go to H & R Block (Mar '06) Apr '15 summer 684
H & R Block's system hacked? (Mar '06) Apr '15 Mark 12
More from around the web