Do NOT go to H & R Block
EG --CHEYENNE WY

AOL

#61 Feb 14, 2007
I agree with you 100%. HR BLOCK are merely data entry people who not a clue in this world what the hell they are doing.

We actually have $13,000.00 refund due. What happened at HR BLOCK office in Cheyenne WY?

They did not deduct the interrest in our home loan.
They did not deduct the charitable contributions.
They did not deduct the 2003-2004-2005 one time long distance refund for all tax payers.

It was a joke. We went to another state to have yet anohter HR BLOCK employee fix the tax return filed improperly by HR BLOCK in Cheyenne WY and we were even ask what the hell our those people doing?
kira

San Diego, CA

#62 Feb 15, 2007
Is a woman honestly not allowed to file head of household... and would that make a difference in the amount on my return?! My tax preparer at H&R this year was a man who would not let me file head of house even though my husband is a student and can only work part time.
karen ivory

United States

#63 Feb 15, 2007
Alyssa Burkhart wrote:
I will never go to H&R block again I got the new emerald card and can't even use my money I have spent 6 hours trying to figure out what is wrong and no one can tell me anything except I'm out 1800 dollars. Gee thanx. The card service ppl are trying to tell us there is no data on us and that htere is a hold on are account but the bank said no there shouldn't be and then H&R Block is saying well we can't do anything wait a day and then the next day they file some ikind of something and we have to wait again and if nothing works this time we're out our money.
i just got the h and r block card from them, and now after hearing about what happend to you,i'm afraid to see if i have money on it, i went on line and put in my number and my code and nothing came up, now what? thanks for letting us know of what happend to you.
karen ivory

United States

#64 Feb 15, 2007
i have the card and i'm scarded to use it now.
almonjoi

Sarasota, FL

#65 Feb 16, 2007
I am never going to H & R again!!
This year was my first time going and I got the instant cash.. which they dont tell u is a prepaid mastercard that u have to wait a full hour before the money comes on. Then they have people working there that are confused and I had to help the woman doing my taxes enter the info because she had no idea what was going on with the computer. I would rather muddle through my own taxes, wait the two weeks and get all my money back.

"Patience is a virtue, and anything else with cost you"
james

Crystal Springs, FL

#66 Feb 16, 2007
HR BLOCK! STAY AWAY
girlegirl75

AOL

#67 Feb 16, 2007
John wrote:
<quoted text>
You should not say anything yourself for the following reasons:
1. "which impossible for you to infer from this writing;" requires a verb after the word which.
2. It is sentences not "sentances"
LOL! also it "punctuation"
go to dictionary.com or the online thesaurus.. or use spell check :)
girlegirl75

AOL

#68 Feb 16, 2007
it's *** LOL
scrappinmama

Overland Park, KS

#69 Feb 16, 2007
Tchhichhia wrote:
Hi,
I fully agree with the opinion of every person who thinks that the H &R Offices are full of Data entry clerks with one semi qualified accountant, who is ignorant and clueless.
I have been waiting for my refund for 6 months and have been informed by IRS that no returns have been filed for me, every tim eI complain to H & R they keep on telling me to wait, I am seriously considering tougher actions against them here...
TC
I would consider sending the year round office in your district a strongly worded letter sent certified mail. I cannot understand why someone would continue to tell you, wait, wait, wait. Either the return was efiled or it wasn't. It can be resent with the touch of a button. Sounds like a touch of the lazy's to me........
scrappinmama

Overland Park, KS

#70 Feb 16, 2007
almonjoi wrote:
I am never going to H & R again!!
This year was my first time going and I got the instant cash.. which they dont tell u is a prepaid mastercard that u have to wait a full hour before the money comes on. Then they have people working there that are confused and I had to help the woman doing my taxes enter the info because she had no idea what was going on with the computer. I would rather muddle through my own taxes, wait the two weeks and get all my money back.
"Patience is a virtue, and anything else with cost you"
I don't think waiting an hour to have a loan loaded to a debit card is too long. I think that is rather fast and speedy. My bank has my funds at midnight but doesn't release them until they open for business in the morning. Now, that's bad customer service.
scrappinmama

Overland Park, KS

#71 Feb 16, 2007
Steven H wrote:
Actually, it would be rather difficult for one to cheat on the exam. The exam consists of a long drawn out return consisting of depreciation, Schedule C, and various other forms that must be filled out and completed. I do not consider myself an english major; however, I do have to say that H&R Block employees ARE taught how to take proper care of a client, it is the TAX PREPARERS job to follow those teachings. At this time you should insist on speaking to the DISTRICT manager and discuss with them your problem. I must apologize to Tchhichhia that you have had such a disappointing experience. In my opinion employees that do not try to provide the best customer service possible are in the wrong and make the rest of the employees look bad.
Sincerely,
Steven H
Well said.
scrappinmama

Overland Park, KS

#72 Feb 16, 2007
Kenny Mc wrote:
The purpose of H&R Block is to help the government to keep track of who's not cheating. The fee's are insane for a company that already has a format in which has the answers base on your info. If you can get banged for your buck then go but if you really need quick money or have other tax advantages like (donations, child care, parents as dependents, tithes) you may want someone who can use that to your advantage on your refund.
Newsflash! HR Block nor any other commercial tax service is a branch of the federal government.
scrappinmama

Overland Park, KS

#73 Feb 16, 2007
EG --CHEYENNE WY wrote:
I agree with you 100%. HR BLOCK are merely data entry people who not a clue in this world what the hell they are doing.
We actually have $13,000.00 refund due. What happened at HR BLOCK office in Cheyenne WY?
They did not deduct the interrest in our home loan.
They did not deduct the charitable contributions.
They did not deduct the 2003-2004-2005 one time long distance refund for all tax payers.
It was a joke. We went to another state to have yet anohter HR BLOCK employee fix the tax return filed improperly by HR BLOCK in Cheyenne WY and we were even ask what the hell our those people doing?
Holy Moly...I'd be mad too! The stuff that was missed was basic.
scrappinmama

Overland Park, KS

#74 Feb 16, 2007
Mallory E wrote:
I recently went to H & R Block for an instant money loan. We used my husband's paycheck stub. They told me when I got my w2 to bing it in and file. The loan was put on the emerald card, which was fine. I come back to file, with my W2. Now, they say we can't file, because we didn't have his w2. That was not what they said. The woman told me, we could use his paycheck stub and my w2. So they said, we should file without his, and come back to ammend the return when his w2 came in. They said, we might have to pay a little more, but we would have the rest of the money within a few days, on the emerald card. We go in today to ammend the return, and now they say, "Oh no, it's going to be at least 6-8 weeks. You ahve to mail in ammended returns" THIS IS NOT WHAT WE WERE TOLD! We would never have agreed to it, if we knew it would take that long. I got a ticket recnetly, and it's going to cost 370 dollars. Our lease is up on Feb. 1st. I am going to have to take my husband and our 2 babies and live in our car until our check comes in. I am furious! I call amny many people, even the IRS, who says, no, it will be 8-12 weeks. H&R Block even lied about that! I cannot believe what service I was given. I spoke with the CEO department, and I told them, I felt it was their mistake, and that they should be able to put my return on my emerald card, and I will send them the check when I get it. I will know in a few days if this will happen. Otherwise I don't know what to do. I will be in jail, and homeless because of H & R Block's mistake. If anyone knows anything I could do, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if anyone else has experienced the same problem, please contact me. [email protected]
First off, you should not have filed your taxes without a W-2. I cannot fathom an HR Block tax pro advising you to do this, but then, you never know. It is better to wait on a delayed W-2 then try to file without it. And yes, mail in returns take longer for the IRS to process. BTW, what happened to the instant loan you received against your husbands paycheck stub?
Alan

Mission, KS

#75 Feb 20, 2007
So if the client gives you erroneous tax advice over the phone, you won't change the charge for the return? So I could call you, misrepresent the facts to get a "simple return" price, then put the whammy on you for a multi-state, itemized tax return and refer to this posting that YOU put in here about never changing the quote? Gosh, the world looks rosy and the streets are paved with gold.
Tricia wrote:
He's right! Come to Liberty Tax Service. If we quote you a price we stick to it and we wont try to sell you a bogus IRA either.
joni belew

Brent, AL

#76 Feb 20, 2007
we paid h and r block for services never rendered, "instant" they call it well its over a week later and my son left their office with 185 bucks and over a week later was told the loan was regected and you still owe our fees, as the data entry woman coulnt speak english looked for directions on computer and still entered wrong numbers numerous times as the fault begin to fall upon them they searched for ways to find where my son owed money. and now at a week and 1/2 later hes still hasnt got any of his money but none the less still owes for "INSTANT" refund fees
bobby

Vancouver, Canada

#77 Feb 20, 2007
stayinhappy wrote:
I am an HR Block professional of 10 years. At my office we all strive to give each client the highest level and quality of tax service they deserve.
your just one of the few because most you are rookies .The government basically just told me My taxes 2002,2003,2004 were off and that I owed $3000.I managed to find out that H&R screwed up for sure in 2004 but they said they would cover half of the $1000 they messed up on not me H&R block I also gotta pay $300 fine to revenue canada for 2004.As for 2002 and 2003 everything was done by h&r ,all my receipts were handed but now the government is saying there is a reassesment and I have to pay $600 in fines and $1400 in back taxes .Way to go h&r block
bobby

Vancouver, Canada

#78 Feb 20, 2007
To leo same thing happened to my girl except revenue canada went back and did a reassesment on her last 3 years now she owes $3200 all because of h&r block. Hey Steven how is it possible to be this bad if your educated in this field and you cant do simple returns?If h&r block screws up your taxes and you can prove they didn't file properly they should pay the fine and the amount don't you think?
Jason

Fort Thomas, KY

#79 Feb 26, 2007
H & R block treated the sale of my house as a capital gain. I overpaid 2005 taxes by 5700. Luckly I went to a CPA this year. She corrected last years taxes. At the least they should refund my fees from last year over $300 and pay for the charges from the CPA, Over $1300 for the the returns! If anyone knows who I can contact regarding this or who to contact please let me know.
Barbara New York

Liverpool, NY

#80 Feb 27, 2007
kira wrote:
Is a woman honestly not allowed to file head of household... and would that make a difference in the amount on my return?! My tax preparer at H&R this year was a man who would not let me file head of house even though my husband is a student and can only work part time.
If you are married then you wouldnt want to file head of household, head of household gives you a standard deduction of 7550 and being married you are required to file married filing joint, unless you have been living apart from your spouse for more than 6 months out of the year, and MFJ give you a 10,500 standard deduction, oh and by the way, I work at H&R Block. Secondly, for those who were ever audited, there could be absolutely nothing wrong with your return and you may get audited by the IRS, they can do it to anyone at anytime for any reason.
The Peace of Mind Plan does not give you an attorney but and H&R Block Representative will appear at the audit for you (with your Power of Attorney).
Here is some tips from someone that works there, ask a lot of questions of your Tax Professional, if you dont understand something of they are going to fast dont be afraid to tell them to slow down, or even ask for a more seasoned tax professional if you would like one. Dont assume that every tax professional has as much training as the next. I have worked for H&R Block for 6 years, and I can tell you that at year one, I wouldnt touch a schedule A, although I knew how I was to nervous, some people are over confident. Also, trust your instincts, if the preparer makes you nervous, ask for another one. Its your taxes and we are there to serve you, dont just sit there and let them just punch in the information.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

H and R Block Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Office Managers Dec 9 Delllady7 1
H and R block mistake (Apr '08) Nov 30 Evsies 31
H&R Block Emerald card (Jan '08) Nov 27 Carrie Ward 286
HR Block Bank Direct Deposit and Emerald Pre pa... (Dec '06) Nov 23 Tmmonty 801
H&R Block "Peace of Mind", or a big Scam? (Mar '08) Nov '17 Lindareid2000 121
Payroll direct deposit on emerald card? (Aug '08) Sep '17 Erica everpure 17
My paycheck direct deposit! Jul '17 Shay 1
More from around the web