H&R Block Emerald Card and Stimulus P...

H&R Block Emerald Card and Stimulus Payment

Posted in the H and R Block Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Liz

Manassas, VA

#1 Apr 28, 2008
This question is for those people who did their 2007 taxes and had their refund direct deposited directly onto their Emerald card without using any bank products.
I am wondering if anybody has received their Stimulus payment direct deposited onto their Emerald card yet.
I am interested in hearing if anyone has or not.
Keep us posted.
april

Lebanon, MO

#2 Apr 28, 2008
no i am sitting here wondering the same thing i cant get an answer from hand r block or the irs
Jen

New Port Richey, FL

#3 Apr 28, 2008
according to the IRS if you didn't have fees deducted from your tax refund for the direct deposit than yours will be deposited. If you call the IRS they'll tell you the date and amount your rebate will be. She also mentioned that so far the posted schedule will be 1 week later than when you should expect to see it. (the monday rather than the friday)
Sym

Falmouth, ME

#4 Apr 28, 2008
Well I actually called the local branch of H&R Block today to find out if the IRS was considering the card our accounts to have the check deposited in... The woman that answered was extremely rude to me and told me the card had NOTHING to do with the rebate check. I also tried to call the local branch of the IRS but they do not accept vocal communication on their line A** Holes! Anyway for giggles I dug out my Emerald card and called to check the balance. That's messed up because there is 150.00 on that card that was not there the last time I checked the balance(2 months ago). So I wanted to talk with CS about it but there is a 2 hr wait on hold.. No thanks for that.... So now I am in a worse scenerio.
Sym

Falmouth, ME

#5 Apr 28, 2008
To add to what I just wrote.. I went into the IRS site because I am moving next week. If this thing is mailed to me (in JULY) I will have moved and there is no place to file a change of address on thier page. I am concerned it will not be forwarded... This whole situation is stressing me out. LOL!!!!!
jessica mayer

United States

#6 Apr 28, 2008
I too also had very bad experience with h&r block and the silly card. I lost my card it took a whole month for a new one!!!!!
Tina

Seminole, FL

#7 Apr 29, 2008
I called the H&R Block 888 number and it does say on the recording that if you got your money by an RAL loaded onto your Emerald card, you would be getting a check in the mail and it would not be direct deposited.
mel

Mountain View, CA

#8 Apr 29, 2008
Does anyone have a phone number for the IRS to see when I can expect my stimulus check? Thanks so much.
Ray from Ohio

Columbus, OH

#9 Apr 29, 2008
Go to this website http://www.irs.gov/irs/article/0,,id=180250,0...
It is based on the last two digits of your social and wether or not you had your refund direct deposited or by mail.
Ray from Ohio

Columbus, OH

#10 Apr 29, 2008
TO SYM: you need to fill out an 8822 form I have the link to that form on this comment, you need to mail this to the IRS so they know where to send it to your new address. There are insructions on that link as well.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8822.pdf
Liz

Dumfries, VA

#11 Apr 29, 2008
Tina wrote:
I called the H&R Block 888 number and it does say on the recording that if you got your money by an RAL loaded onto your Emerald card, you would be getting a check in the mail and it would not be direct deposited.
Tina-
My question was for those who didn't use any bank products when they filed such as the RAL/RAC/IMAL etc.
I am wanting to hear from people who filed their taxes and had their refund direct deposited onto their emerald card (without using bank products)and have already received their stimulus check.
I am curious to know if anyone got their stimulus check also direct deposited onto their Emerald Card.
sasha

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#12 Apr 29, 2008
whats going on??
John

Ligonier, PA

#13 Apr 30, 2008
Tina wrote:
I dont think they know what is going on, I heard that message too, now it is gone. and just asks for your card # as usual
Jack

Philadelphia, PA

#14 Apr 30, 2008
I too am wondering about my emerald card and my stimulus payment. It seems to me that I didn't have my 2007 return "mailed" OR "direct deposited". It's more like H&R Block lent me money and electronically intercepted the rights to and monetary value of my 2007 return. I can do a 'direct deposit' onto this emerald card now but I don't think that makes the initial, confusing transaction a 'direct deposit'.

I hope that us emerald card users don't get screwed somehow and have to wait longer for payment. My balance is at 15 cents like normal. I suppose I should expect it in the mail..
Jack

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Apr 30, 2008
I just called H&R Block @ 1-866-353-1266 twice and the first time, it told me after I checked my emerald card balance that if you filed your return 5 days after something or other and had it "direct deposited" onto your emerald card, you'll get your stimulus payment by check. Then I called back to get that 'something or other' bit and right away a different message told me more simply "If you're 2007 tax return was deposited onto your emerald card you'll receive your stimulus payment by check".
Madi

Mcallen, TX

#16 Apr 30, 2008
Honestly, I don't think anyone really knows what is going to happen to us Emerald Card holders. I get no real response from any H&R Block rep and it seems the IRS has no clue regarding those cards. If anyone gets any other kind of information please post it. Inquiring minds want to know....:(
Jack

Philadelphia, PA

#17 Apr 30, 2008
I'd trust H&R Block's national number over its local representatives. The national H&R Block emerald card balance and information number is stating that emerald card users who had their 2007 return deposited onto their cards will receive a paper check. They must have a good enough reason for saying it - I'm guessing they don't want to lose lots of customers. The IRS doesn't need to have a clue about the emerald cards. They'll send the paper check to whichever home address you gave to H&R Block when they prepared your '07 taxes for you.
Zulema

Killeen, TX

#18 Apr 30, 2008
We did our taxes with H&R block and got our money on the emerald green card. Will our stimulus rebate be put on that or will we receive a check....does anyone know for sure!
miriam Ny

Howell, NJ

#19 Apr 30, 2008
i would like to know if anyone actually gets thier stimulus payment on that damn card cause i really am starting to belive that hr block just f*** us over
JEANNE P

Niles, IL

#20 Apr 30, 2008
Anyone that received their refund on an Emerald Card will get the rebate check in the mail.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

H and R Block Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do NOT go to H & R Block (Mar '06) Aug 16 Tiffany 718
H&R Block "Peace of Mind", or a big Scam? (Mar '08) Aug 8 Jallen1956 120
My paycheck direct deposit! Jul '17 Shay 1
News H&R Block reviews: your taxes are worth a Secon... (Mar '12) Jun '17 Chucklethe Truck 160
H and R block mistake (Apr '08) Jun '17 Gayle 30
hrblock prepaid master card( emerald card) (Dec '07) May '17 Dictionary 159
HR block sucks (Apr '11) May '17 Roy 74
More from around the web