Florida: Another Mass Murder Stopped ...

Florida: Another Mass Murder Stopped by Armed Citizens

There are 11 comments on the AmmoLand story from Nov 30, 2017, titled Florida: Another Mass Murder Stopped by Armed Citizens. In it, AmmoLand reports that:

In Rockledge, Florida, at 4:30 p.m. on Saturday, the 25th of November, 2017, two armed citizens stopped a mass murder in progress. Police Chief Joseph P. LaSata of the Rockledge Police Department, made clear the intervention of the armed citizens was responsible for stopping the murderer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at AmmoLand.

im not a doctor

Onamia, MN

#1 Dec 1, 2017
And there you have it folks. Looks like the gun grabbers will have to stop relying on the “no armed citizen ever stopped an active shooter” as a reason for wanting to disarm the public.

Since: Mar 17

Prairie Village, KS

#2 Dec 1, 2017
im not a doctor wrote:
And there you have it folks. Looks like the gun grabbers will have to stop relying on the “no armed citizen ever stopped an active shooter” as a reason for wanting to disarm the public.
But, but... it doesn't fit their (gun grabbers) narrative.
jimwildrickjr

Chester, PA

#3 Dec 9, 2017
The N.R.A has it right a good guy with a gun is always better than a bad guy with a gun.The lefties will never acknowledge this though.As responsible gun owners we must all push the Senate now to enact the National Reciprocity bill that just passed the congress.Only then will we all be able to protect ourselves and love ones no matter what state we are in.
im not a doctor

Onamia, MN

#4 Dec 9, 2017
jimwildrickjr wrote:
The N.R.A has it right a good guy with a gun is always better than a bad guy with a gun.The lefties will never acknowledge this though.As responsible gun owners we must all push the Senate now to enact the National Reciprocity bill that just passed the congress.Only then will we all be able to protect ourselves and love ones no matter what state we are in.
I support national reciprocity for concealed carry but I’m not sure that gun owners will benefit in the long run by passing federal gun laws.
payme

Corinth, MS

#5 Dec 10, 2017
im not a doctor wrote:
<quoted text>

I support national reciprocity for concealed carry but I’m not sure that gun owners will benefit in the long run by passing federal gun laws.
The problem with this becoming law is it makes the permit laws legitimate. They are not. The"RIGHT" to keep and bear does not require a permit.
The correct thing is to abolish permit laws altogether.

By supporting this bill you make permits seem to be in line with the Constitution.
SCOTUS can then keep avoiding cases that question the permit system.
SCOTUS must eventually hear a permit case and all cases that have infringements on the RIGHT to keep and bear.
Watchdog

Lehigh Acres, FL

#6 Dec 11, 2017
payme wrote:
<quoted text>

The problem with this becoming law is it makes the permit laws legitimate. They are not. The"RIGHT" to keep and bear does not require a permit.
The correct thing is to abolish permit laws altogether.

By supporting this bill you make permits seem to be in line with the Constitution.
SCOTUS can then keep avoiding cases that question the permit system.
SCOTUS must eventually hear a permit case and all cases that have infringements on the RIGHT to keep and bear.
Consider: there are 12 states that have "constitutional carry" - no permit needed. Wouldn't it make more sense for those states that issue permits to do away with them?

If someone from a non-permit state can carry in a permit required state (and vice versa) what would then be the point of permits?
payme

Corinth, MS

#8 Dec 12, 2017
Watchdog wrote:
<quoted text>

Consider: there are 12 states that have "constitutional carry" - no permit needed. Wouldn't it make more sense for those states that issue permits to do away with them?

If someone from a non-permit state can carry in a permit required state (and vice versa) what would then be the point of permits?
"Constitutional" being the key word.

Permits = permission.

There is no permission needed to exercise a right.

Could you imagine a black man needing a "permit" to be free and not be a slave?

Since: Mar 17

Lawton, OK

#9 Dec 12, 2017
payme wrote:
<quoted text>

"Constitutional" being the key word.

Permits = permission.

There is no permission needed to exercise a right.

Could you imagine a black man needing a "permit" to be free and not be a slave?
Point well-made. It should be "Constitutional" carry throughout.
im not a doctor

Onamia, MN

#10 Dec 12, 2017
I live in a Constitutional Carry state but I maintain my cc permit because I sometimes cross state lines and I want to be legal in those states in case I need to use my weapon while there.
Watchdog

Lehigh Acres, FL

#11 Dec 25, 2017
javawhey wrote:
<quoted text>

Point well-made. It should be "Constitutional" carry throughout.
That was kinda what I meant
Birdzilla

Etna, CA

#12 Dec 31, 2017
Nothing from the main-Stream Media about this no big headlines in the New York Pravda(Times)no mass shooting dont be looking for the feedin g freinzie of media sharks and dont wait to see the media vultures circling no innocents died

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Holmes Regional Medical Center Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pit bull mauls Melbourne wildlife trapper's lef... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Trapper dean 1
News Man hospitalized in Melbourne condo shooting (Sep '13) Sep '13 Debbie Guess 1
News Two men injured in a possible 'payback' shootin... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Mimi Barnes 1
News Health First ready to Help! you recycle (Jan '12) Jan '12 Local 1
News Palm Bay woman injured in motorcycle accident n... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Local 1
News Pedestrian injured, road closed in Cocoa traffi... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Heather 1