Poinciana hospital approval appealed

Poinciana hospital approval appealed

There are 1 comment on the Bizjournals story from Jan 18, 2008, titled Poinciana hospital approval appealed. In it, Bizjournals reports that:

Orlando Business Journal - by Tiffany Beck Orlando Business Journal Osceola Regional Medical Center's plan to build a hospital in Poinciana hit another roadblock Friday when its state approval was appealed by ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bizjournals.

“Wake me when its over....”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#1 Jan 20, 2008
What a crock! St.Cloud Medical Center is a HMA hospital and therefore under the same ownership as Heart of Florida. Name sound familiar? It should! They opposed the new hospital before they wanted one and then opposed it again! Welcome to political flip-flops of the healthcare realm.

"Health Management Associates, a Naples-based company that operates 59 hospitals in 15 states, issued a document in October opposing Osceola Regional Medical Center’s intent to the hospital in Poinciana. The company initially opposed the project, and then competed to build one there and finally returned to its initial position."
http://osceolanow.com/index.php...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Management Associates Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HMA employee benefits (May '11) May '14 Former HMA 30
Layoff (Jan '14) Jan '14 Worry 2
News Foundation seeks to build medical school in For... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Jak Manson 1
News Whistleblower suit: Hospitals defrauded Medicaid (Aug '13) Aug '13 HumanSpirit 1
Home health agencies merge with SunCrest (Jun '13) Jun '13 Clueless 1
News Poinciana gets OK for 60-bed hospital (Mar '09) Nov '12 dan 16
Day off? (Mar '12) Mar '12 John smith 1
More from around the web