Yahoo to replace Yang as CEO, ending rocky reign

Full story: TwinCities.com
Yahoo Inc. co-founder Jerry Yang is stepping down as chief executive, ending a rocky reign marked by his refusal to sell the Internet company to Microsoft Corp. Full Story

“Live Life with GUSTO!!!”

Since: Jun 08

St. Paul, MN

#1 Nov 17, 2008
In light of the present economy and other global economy issues if Yahoo wants a new CEO and wants to sell to Microsoft, then there had better be real greenbacks on the commerce barrel head and leveraged credits or stock options. Cold cash talks and bologna walks.

As one who likes Yahoo and has a share of stock, I don't want to see the Big Brother of software ruin a good entity as Yahoo. Google and Yahoo are good for the cyber world as competitors and each keeps the system dynamic and viable. Microsoft has its niche and it should keep on improving its products as well as play its global part in keeping the web a great instrument/service of communication and peaceful coexistence.
P T Bull

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Nov 17, 2008
Yang stepped out a few billion too late. Now that the market is tanked, they lost out big time.

“m”

Since: Sep 08

here

#3 Nov 17, 2008
getting out while the getting out is still ok
The D

Sheboygan, WI

#4 Nov 18, 2008
Now that Yahoo and the NBC stations did all they could to get their savior elected president he can step down. The biased reporting these folks did will be remembered by the viewers and users. Now we can quit buying the products that advertise with these entities.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Heidrick & Struggles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heidrick & Struggles to lay off 15% of workers (Dec '08) Dec '08 April Braswell 6
Yang's exit as Yahoo chief may spur Microsoft bid (Nov '08) Nov '08 Kathy 1
Heidrick & Struggles warns of weakening revenue (Oct '08) Oct '08 Globalist Agenda 1
El Paso Electric starts search for new CEO (May '08) May '08 Pancho Villa 1
WaMu's Chief Legal Officer to Retire (Dec '07) Dec '07 JJV 1
More from around the web