Summerfest Fight: Milwaukee police officer injured in Summerfest fight

Full story: Fox6

Monday night rival gang members saw each other when they came to see rapper Pitbull at the Harley Stage.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of62
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
I dont know

Butler, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2010

Judged:

When are they going to learn that they can't book rap music at Summerfest?
A concerned Security wife

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2010

Judged:

My husband is a member of the Summerfest security, and has been repeatedly hurt in struggles with unruly patrons. You never hear about that on tv, but if a policeman gets hurt, it is major news. Police are not always the first on the scene, but they are the ones who get the attention when something like this occurs. Thank your security that things don't have to escalate to where the police need to be involved in every case like this!! Give them more credit for what they do to keep the Fest safe!!
citizen

Waukesha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2010

Judged:

summerfest reputation is going downhill because of certain groups who cant control their behavior, sucks...ghettofest,seems to be a more appropriate name.
Jim

Jackson, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2010

Judged:

Have a separate festival for rappers. All the
street gangs can come and the civilized public
can stay out of the way.
Scott

Slinger, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2010

So, will they just stop having Summerfest like the other events that have been canceled because of thug behavior?
Just recently there was a big outcry because a Seattle cop found it necessary to punch a woman in the face because she was interfering with his attempt to restrain a jay walker. Where is the outrage over this officer being punched out to the point of unconsciousness? Not only should the security detail been there to assist, but any men close enough to see that the cop was being overwhelmed. Seems our society has created an over abundance of effeminate males.
Johnny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2010

Judged:

Im boycotting Milwaukee, so i wont be going to Summerfest anymore! Done, thanks, but no thanks and until Milwaukee does its job to arrest illegals and crack down on crime, i will never return to Milwaukee again!
Clark

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2010

Judged:

There is a reason why the midway and the V100 stage were removed, because incidents like this are all too common. It might lead exactly to Summerfest being shut down or so heavily restricted that it becomes too lame for those of us not in "gangs".
Scott, I agree that any normal man seeing a cop get overwhelmed should have stepped up to help, but think about the crowd there, you know they were all cheering for the thugs to get that officer. What a pathetic group of humanity there that night. Let's not let Summerfest disappear due to the behavior of certain clientele, STOP booking acts like this!
Scott E

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2010

Were there any problems at the Public Enemy show last friday?
ihatemilw

Greendale, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2010

Judged:

Hey security wife...A news flash for you: cops dont ask for their fights to be in the news. They just are. 90% of cops doing good things never get reported. 90% of cops getting injured in fights never get reported. If you want your husband to get attention, have him run for public office.
Madashell

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2010

Judged:

Scott E wrote:
Were there any problems at the Public Enemy show last friday?
It is not the artist that brings this kind of behavior is the ignorance and lack of prosecution from our D.A.'s office. I love music but hate ignorant people that ruin it for everyone.
Zee

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2010

Judged:

Figures.. Neandrethal gangsters. If you have gangster music, it attracts gangsters.. What do you expect.
A concerned Security wife

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2010

Judged:

Just FYI, it was a Summerfest security officer that pulled this policeperson to safety, but you never heard the news report it...security was all over the area, as was reported by the news. It was a crowd that got in for nearly free, had no money to spend, and wanted to start trouble.
Mil-town boy

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2010

Judged:

Did you guys really refer to Summerfest goers as civilized public? Dude that fest is packed with loud and obnoxious drunks. There are fights there all the time, and Pit Bull isn't exactly rap.

You can put him in that genre if you want, just so it can help you categorize this incident as a black problem.

There wasn't any problem at the Public Enemy performance, or the Cypress Hill performance of past years. Summerfest isn't African World Festival, and it never will be. So stop being normal over-dramatic Wisconsin white people, and just shrug this one off. It was just another Summerfest fight started by drunk idiots that happened to be black as opposed to the normal white culprits.
RobK

Menomonee Falls, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2010

Judged:

Mil-town boy wrote:
Did you guys really refer to Summerfest goers as civilized public? Dude that fest is packed with loud and obnoxious drunks. There are fights there all the time, and Pit Bull isn't exactly rap.
You can put him in that genre if you want, just so it can help you categorize this incident as a black problem.
There wasn't any problem at the Public Enemy performance, or the Cypress Hill performance of past years. Summerfest isn't African World Festival, and it never will be. So stop being normal over-dramatic Wisconsin white people, and just shrug this one off. It was just another Summerfest fight started by drunk idiots that happened to be black as opposed to the normal white culprits.
Hey man I agree with you, but then I realize you're being just as racist. "normal over-dramatic Wisconsin white people"
I have lived here my whole fucking life, and I was even at Cypress Hill, and about another 20 thousand white people.
You're theo ne putting rap in a "black category".
Also, Pitbull is Latino man, it aint blacks, it's GANGS. Not black gangs, not Hispanic gangs (well technically it was), it was just GANGS. Dumbass gangs. BTW, if weed were legal, everyone would be to chill for this. I'm just puttin it out there folks...
RobK

Menomonee Falls, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2010

A concerned Security wife wrote:
Just FYI, it was a Summerfest security officer that pulled this policeperson to safety, but you never heard the news report it...security was all over the area, as was reported by the news. It was a crowd that got in for nearly free, had no money to spend, and wanted to start trouble.
I hear you man. Police were actually more of the enemy to the pot smokers at Cypress Hill. Security helped out and didn't just start nabbing people. By having the red shirts take out the few obnoxious ones, they saved every pot heads ass. I commend them greatly for it. I'm glad they are there.
C RAP

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2010

Judged:

Jim wrote:
Have a separate festival for rappers. All the
street gangs can come and the civilized public
can stay out of the way.
---COMBINE RAPFEST WITH PRIDEFEST... THE RAPPERS CAN BEAT THE HELL OUT OF THE FRUITCAKES, THEN THE RAPPERS CAN GO TO JAIL. TWO BIRDS=ONE STONE...
PR and Proud

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2010

RobK wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey man I agree with you, but then I realize you're being just as racist. "normal over-dramatic Wisconsin white people"
I have lived here my whole fucking life, and I was even at Cypress Hill, and about another 20 thousand white people.
You're theo ne putting rap in a "black category".
Also, Pitbull is Latino man, it aint blacks, it's GANGS. Not black gangs, not Hispanic gangs (well technically it was), it was just GANGS. Dumbass gangs. BTW, if weed were legal, everyone would be to chill for this. I'm just puttin it out there folks...
I just have to add... Latinos/Hispanics come in white, black and inbetween varieties. It's not about the color of someone's skin or their culture. Corrupt civil servants, mafia, street gangs, etc (unfortunately) are as much a part of the US American fabric as apple pie. We create entertainment out of crime... the Godfather trilogy, for example. Go to South America and Africa, you'll find the most popular rap/Hip-Hop is political as opposed to the US gangsta crap.
RobK

Menomonee Falls, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2010

PR and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
I just have to add... Latinos/Hispanics come in white, black and inbetween varieties. It's not about the color of someone's skin or their culture. Corrupt civil servants, mafia, street gangs, etc (unfortunately) are as much a part of the US American fabric as apple pie. We create entertainment out of crime... the Godfather trilogy, for example. Go to South America and Africa, you'll find the most popular rap/Hip-Hop is political as opposed to the US gangsta crap.
Oh definetly. I was just pointing out that it had nothing to do with race, but rather rival gang members.
PR and Proud

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2010

RobK wrote:
<quoted text> Oh definetly. I was just pointing out that it had nothing to do with race, but rather rival gang members.
I know, Rob. I didn't read malice or bigotry in your post. I just wanted to add a little to your message. I hope you don't mind the embellishment. I found your views helpful to the e-conversation.
Bob Schaar

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2010

I have been to Summerfest four times this year. I have not seen one fight.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of62
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Harley Davidson Discussions

Search the Harley Davidson Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
One lucky man's $20 Harley (Jun '09) Jun '14 Snapples 2
future road glide Jun '14 hdpeck 2
Judge gets it right: strikes down voter ID law May '14 hornback12 2
Top-Selling Motorcycles in US in 2013: Harley-D... Apr '14 SteveB 1
Update on 6-year-old boy driving motorcycle: To... Apr '14 ScrewBallSteve 1
Harley-Davidson Tries To Quiet Motorcycle Noise... (Jul '08) Apr '14 Motorcycle Partner 293
Harley driven up by possibility Honda may buy it (Jun '07) Apr '14 Motorcycle Partner 303
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••