Auburn Harley-Davidson Dealership Closes

May 15, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TheKCRAchannel.com

Harley-Davidson/Buell of Auburn has closed down because of economic problems and may be sold to another owner, the business said.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
John

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2009

Judged:

Good....hope they shut them all down...Harleys are nothing but overpriced JUNK...........
Raf

Redmond, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2009

Judged:

So much for prepaid service contracts.
Gina

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

Judged:

well let's just say that the prepaid service contracts were done in-house so we won't be able to get Harley Davidson or any other dealership to back up the prepaid service contracts. We are all out a bunch of money !!!

And they call themselves a family-owned business...only their family was their concern.
kevin aka hogntme

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

Judged:

how many more dealers will harley davidson allow to burn there customers with prepaid sevice contracts. adding insult to being burned Harley Davidson finance allows dealers to add the sevice to the contract and finance it. maybe we should reduce that from the finance charges and see how they like it. anyway thanks Bob for taking our money and quitting.
Irover

Lansdale, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

Judged:

Bump, Bump Bump, another one bites the dust....
Over-expanded, over-produces, totally under-
engineered. Look for more to follow.
Dave

Twin Falls, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

Judged:

This is to John (AOL). If your happy if all Harley dealers close. Then maybe you should live where your junk was produced. I stand behind those american made machines even if they were $40,000.00 . They are the best and you probably can't handle them if you could afford them.Go pound sand.....
Irover

Chantilly, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2009

Judged:

WoW Dave, wake up and smell the coffee! Much of
what is in a harley is made off-shore, it may be
assembled in the US but its origins are Aussy,
Japanese, Chinese, the list goes on and on.
Cant handle a Harley

Manteca, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

It is hard to push heavy things when underpowered.
Enen by Buell XB can't hold a candle to my 10 year old ZX7R
MrHappy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

Judged:

I think I lost 10 IQ points just reading some of these replies. I want them back. Now. It looks like all those years of government controlled public schools has really paid off. We now hold the #1 spot in the universe for dumbfuckerry. Congrats to you mental midget HD bashers.
Dane

Placerville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

Judged:

Dave wrote:
This is to John (AOL). If your happy if all Harley dealers close. Then maybe you should live where your junk was produced. I stand behind those american made machines even if they were $40,000.00 . They are the best and you probably can't handle them if you could afford them.Go pound sand.....
My "rice rocket japbike" was made in the good old USA and puts any junk Harley to shame.If you are the type of white trash that likes Harleys then you get what you deserve.Maybe Dave should learn how to spell before he goes around telling people to "pound sand".
wideglide

Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

Judged:

@John AOL:

"Good....hope they shut them all down...Harleys are nothing but overpriced JUNK.........."

Maybe you would think another way when you would be a biker.;)

http://www.harley-heaven.com/
Colt 911

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2010

Judged:

There are two main reasons people bash Harleys; Frist, they can't afford one so they bash them to feel better about the jap crap they bought. Two, they have very small penises and are scared a real biker would knock them off of it!!!!!!
Dane

Placerville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2010

Colt 911 wrote:
There are two main reasons people bash Harleys; Frist, they can't afford one so they bash them to feel better about the jap crap they bought. Two, they have very small penises and are scared a real biker would knock them off of it!!!!!!
Blah blah blah blah blah. Harley gets beat hands down in almost every single test of performance and you don't address that.Instead you try to make it a matter of penis size.Thanks for the intelligent input Colt.
Colt 911

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2010

Judged:

Dane wrote:
<quoted text>Blah blah blah blah blah. Harley gets beat hands down in almost every single test of performance and you don't address that.Instead you try to make it a matter of penis size.Thanks for the intelligent input Colt.
The truth hurts ! They rule in,flat track, drag racing, looks,style,class,resale.I Got your goat! You havnt told me why jap crap is better you just say it is.
Colt 911

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2010

Why have all the jap crap all gone to v twins maybe they want to look like Harley Davidsons? You dont see Harley making a inline four!
Colt 911

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2010

Your problem is nobody respects anybody on jap crap. They look at you and laugh at you on your " rice rocket" they know youre a wanna be, and a never will be.
MotorMike

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2010

Judged:

...I like the other American made bike, Victory. Designed better than an HD, runs better, more comfortable, better ergos, suspension and the freakin' thing beats the heck outta' the "upgraded" HD's off the line ta'boot...the Vic keeps on going and going. The HD, in comparison is way too finicky...and lets face it, it's a rip-off taking an HD in for service or parts..geezus, it's a Harley not a Ferrari. F-that!
Colt 911

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2010

Judged:

To all the Harley bashers The sorry part here is people have lost their jobs. That hurts everybody! I dont care what type of bike you ride it dosn't matter. A real biker puts his face in the wind and rides, he pulls over to see if you need help, he gives you the high sign when you pass. Our town has lost , RCA, Westinghouse, Otis Elevator, and most of GE (2000 employees to 147). That hurts.If you like to see people loose everything they own, I feel sorry for you and America
Colt 911

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2010

Colt 911 wrote:
To all the Harley bashers The sorry part here is people have lost their jobs. That hurts everybody! I dont care what type of bike you ride it dosn't matter. A real biker puts his face in the wind and rides, he pulls over to see if you need help, he gives you the high sign when you pass. Our town has lost , RCA, Westinghouse, Otis Elevator, and most of GE (2000 employees to 147). That hurts.If you like to see people loose everything they own, I feel sorry for you and America
If this not the issue what is ? Did I hurt your feelings ? Harley is better on the dragstrip and at flat track,they do hold their value better. Buell is the pro street champ. Jap bikes want to look like Harleys becuse people can't aford a Harley. You say Harleys are over priced and under enginered why make a a bike that looks like it? Becuse you want to ride one but you don't have the money or balls.If the issue is bashing what people ride there you go.MotorMike you made some good points Harleys aint cheap but nothing worth while is.To the rest of you go try to find your penis!!!!!!!!!!
MotorMike

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2010

No hurt feeling here Colt, I don't operate that way...and no I don't like seeing what's happening all over the US. Everyone's feeling the effects of this economic downturn one way or the other. In this forum however my reaction to this closure, of yet another HD dealer is just an indicator of what I am seeing/hearing of all over. My local dealer, Laidlaw's id second to none...but that's not help the fact that people in a rough economy are going to tend to spend less on high end ticket items, including motorcycles. I'd like to see HD get a better chunk of the market personally, but I don't see that happening with all the competition out there offering better rated/designed/performing products at a more appealing price-point. In this economy, even in a good times a business has to be better than the other guy if they want to survive. I don't want to see HD go away, I freakin' love HD's...well maybe except for that V-rod..(ha-ha). I'd like to see HD leading the pack in terms of every way that really matters...and get the better reviews in popular biker magazines, dangit. Incidentally, HD's are going for a song out here by the dozens every day on craig's list...sign of the times I suppose. Hey listen, I sure hope things get better for your neck of the woods, it's murder out here in CA. Local government tax's the holy heck out everyone out here ta' boot. --Best Regards.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Harley Davidson Discussions

Search the Harley Davidson Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
One lucky man's $20 Harley (Jun '09) Jun '14 Snapples 2
future road glide Jun '14 hdpeck 2
Judge gets it right: strikes down voter ID law May '14 hornback12 2
Top-Selling Motorcycles in US in 2013: Harley-D... Apr '14 SteveB 1
Update on 6-year-old boy driving motorcycle: To... Apr '14 ScrewBallSteve 1
Harley-Davidson Tries To Quiet Motorcycle Noise... (Jul '08) Apr '14 Motorcycle Partner 293
Harley driven up by possibility Honda may buy it (Jun '07) Apr '14 Motorcycle Partner 303
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••