joe

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Oct 18, 2010
To all the home depot employees who diss the met team,get a freakin clue. there working hard and there extremely under paid just like most store associates.Management makes the decisions.Management talks a good game about how valuable you are but the pay is horrible and the benefit co pays are way to high for the puny hourly wage met and most associates receive.Also corporate decides what goes on the shelves,that is why there are planograms.The met team is just following corporates instructions.However the store should have the authority to make changes based on everyday knowledge of products and space constraints and the met manager and the store manager should communicate much more before the met team does any resets.
I am a met team associate and some of the things we are told to do by the mem are flat out a waste of time.Oh and by the way we met associates don't complete a lot of our tasks because we are working with customers and the customer is FIRST .Also management says no overtime but expects you to stay at the end of the day to complete a task that is deemed important,then on friday they tell you to leave early so you won't get paid overtime and you are not given a choice.This is absolutely absurd. So wake up associates and get a clue home depot is not the greatest show on earth its just a low paying job.

Since: Jul 12

Wasilla, AK

#2 Jul 17, 2012
MET associate here. Great post, and thanks :)
chester

Wallingford, CT

#3 Oct 14, 2012
metlarper wrote:
MET associate here. Great post, and thanks :)
Very similar experience here in Ct. Met ppl are treated like crap. I had same experience with the forced completion of a project resulting in overtime then being told three times the next day to take a one hour lunch to get rid of the possible overtime. Next level up management does nothing to provide tools and equipment to facilitate productivity basically I bring my own tools to get the job done. 10/hour here in Ct where gas is 4.10 gallon and cost of living is very high. I could not afford a car or rent on that so I am just biding time until a real job opportunity comes along. Hold your heads up met ppl most of you are wonderful ppl just needing a decent paying job.
Dennis

Marble Falls, TX

#4 Oct 15, 2012
I was injured on the job while working for the MET and despite all the promises of the company theu made one excuse after the other to not provide the medical care necessary so I could return to work. They told me that when my 52 weeks of TEAP was over then I could appeal for more time due to still being injured and unable to work. They conveniently denied and denied my situation and will not continue my injury pay. Their TEAP plan is not in keeping with the State laws. many other MET people have also been hurt and we are being thrown away like used garbage. So much for their honesty and "caring for employees".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Home Depot Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Home Depot Sucks.org sees increase in visitors (Apr '09) 17 hr HDXer 60
Does the Aware Line record your call? (Mar '11) 18 hr HDXer 103
Poor managment May 19 DMxMD 2
Appliances From Home Depot May 16 HDXer 3
Just wondering what to do. May 16 HDXer 5
Price of steel plunged but price of nails did Not May 16 HDXer 2
Home Depot paint purchasing agent May 12 Innachka26 1
More from around the web