X HD contractors

Mccoy, CO

#25 Apr 14, 2009
I WAS TERMINATED FOR THE HOME DEPOT AFTER I SOLD LAST YEAR MORE THAN ONE MILLION DOLLARS... YES... THEY AWARD MY SALES AND JUMP WHEN I MAKE AT LEAST MORE THAN 25000 A WEEK.... BUT, THE MANAGER COUDN'T FIND A BETTER EXCUSE TO FIRE ME THAT COSTUMER COMPLAINTS...OF COURSE ALL THEM NEVER HAPPEN... I'M A HARD WORKER AND I WAS ONE OF THE ONES THAT BELIEVE IN GOOD PEOPLE... BUT AFTER ALL THIS DIRTY EXPERIENCE OF harassment, threats, retaliation, and wrongful termination I DONT BELIVE ANY MORE ON THE HOME DEPOT OR THE CORE VALUES... I'M NOT FROM THIS COUNTRY AND A BUNCH OF CONTRACTORS DIDN'T LIKE TO DEAL WITH FEMALES OR MEXICAN WORKERS AT THE HOME DEPOT AND SOME OF THE MANAGERS NEVER BACK YOU UP. THE COSTUMERS ARE THE WORST. ALWAYS WANT FIRST CLASS ATTENTION WHEN AT THE STORE WE DIDNT HAVE PULLERS, LUMBER ASSOCIATES, MILLWORKS. HOW WE CAN GIVE FIRST CLASS ATTENTION WHEN THE HOME DEPOT DON'T GIVE US HELP!!!....
former hd

Carmichael, CA

#26 Sep 14, 2009
employee free choice act .com
Not Homer

Marietta, GA

#27 Sep 18, 2009
I was told by my manager straight forward that I am targeted for abuse though I has been doing a good job. It does not matter how good you do your job. In your case, what matters is your skin color, your gender, your nationality. If you are not from this country, you will never become part of the inner circle. All the so called core values are bunch of BS!
Tex

Dallas, TX

#28 Sep 20, 2009
Desi wrote:
I don't think you understand, HD can hire and fire anyone they want, anytime they want. All those folks who want "something for nothing" go after those with the deepest pockets.
It's call frivolous lawsuits !
Find another job and get over it !
yes sir!
Mike

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#29 Sep 20, 2009
Glad to see someone is waking up and taking action. Sent in a great deal of information where the managers were not treating the customer correctly and were taking it out on the sales staff. Power hour is great if you know how to use it. There is so much waste and lack of concern for the customers. If Home Depot is not going to take care of their customers, they sure are not going to take care of there employee's
Staff

South Lake Tahoe, CA

#30 Sep 20, 2009
fairnbalanced

Los Angeles, CA

#31 Sep 21, 2009
ExDepot I feel for you and your husband,but you can't judge an entire company by a few bad Managers. I've been with THD for 13 yrs . I've worked in 3 different Stores, in 3 different Districts,in 3 different Markets in 3 Different states. Fortunetly Like evry job out there THD has its ups and downs,I've put in just as many hours as your husband has if not more .I remeber as a DH,on one pay period picking up 30hrs of OT for majors resets .Now as an ASM life seems a lil easier because our DH's nowadays don't have as much to do as we had when I was up and coming due to the implementation of the IMA's and MET Associates. I've had good days and bad days as an hourly and as a Salaried Associate. Just as you seem to have a bad image of all HD Management ,the same can be made for SOME Associate work ethics . I started in the Lot back in 1996,there were not so great mgrs then and there are some not so great Mgrs now. This is Retail and THD is a Retail GIANT .If there is a perfect GIANT Retail company out there with Perfect Mgrs. let us know . As you pointed out in one of your comments,there probably hundreds or thousands of Associates who feel as if they have been treated unfairly,but there's also thousands if not a hundred thousand of Associates that would beg to differ. So lets be fair and balanced (got that from FOX NEWS),and not judge the whole company by the treatment of those who you and your hubby have worked for that have obviously abused their positions of Authority. Just a note, in my 13 yrs,in the Carolinas,the Ohio Valley, and here in the Inland Empire, there have been quite a few salaried Associates who have been PROMOTED TO CUSTOMERS,for unfair treatment of Associates . take care and God Bless
THD

Pennsville, NJ

#32 Sep 27, 2009
As a manager for THD, I can tell you that if you complain about working conditions, discrimination, etc, you will be retaliated against. The HR Managers, Associate Relations that are supposed to ensure the home depots policies are enforced are the biggest problem. They do sham investigations, and provide confidential information of your complaint to the defendant(s), then sit back and allow the associate that lodged the complaint to be retaliated against until they quit or are terminated for unjustified reasons. THD will continue these practices until associates file complaints with their local EEOC and the lawsuits become so many that it affect shareholder value. The last thing you should do is quit your job, you should first complain to THD, then you should also send a complaint to the EEOC, you do not have to file an official complaint with the EEOC, but you should send in the complaint, because there is a 180 time limit from the date the offence occurred which most associates are not aware of.
MAV

Powder Springs, GA

#33 Sep 29, 2009
Desi wrote:
It's fun when your king !
Woooo, wooo, wooo; here comes the clue train, last stop Desi. What an idiot!
dip

United States

#34 Oct 28, 2009
Desi wrote:
I don't think you understand, HD can hire and fire anyone they want, anytime they want. All those folks who want "something for nothing" go after those with the deepest pockets.
It's call frivolous lawsuits !
Find another job and get over it !
desi has no idea of what she/he is talking about. don't have time to educate all the ignorants
ccline

North Fort Myers, FL

#35 Dec 1, 2009
You go for it Bob! I spent years putting up with a District HR Manager who was abusive and actually told other HR's..."I have my ways of getting even". The District Manager is aware of his behavior but is obviosly afraid of him because he's so far up everyone's butt in Atlanta, who knows what he would do to the District Manager. I never witnessed employees getting ahead at THD by hardwork, knowledge and common sense, you get ahead by sucking up. I saw this time and time again with the "youngsters" who were brought in to be Store Managers. They could execute but had no management experience unless you call managing a produce department in a grocery store serious management experience. Best of luck with your case and I'd love to be there to help you. I don't understand how this company seems to fly below the media's radar regarding treatment of employees when Wal-Mart and other stores get nailed all the time. I hope their time comes soon.
Home Depot CEO, Frank Blake Implicated In Employee Abuse and Retaliation Lawsuit
A recent case,# 08-5833-CI-019, filed in the Sixth Judicial Circuit Court of Pinellas County, Florida alleges numerous instances of employee abuse including; harassment, falsification of company documents, forgery and retaliation.
Store, district and corporate level management up to and including CEO Frank Blake were aware of, and in numerous instances, participated in the alleged abuses, cover-ups and retaliatory actions.
IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF THE SIXTH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
IN AND FOR PINELLAS COUNTY, FLORIDA
CIVIL LAW DIVISION
ROBERT E. BLATCHFORD,
Plaintiff,
CASE NO.: 08-5833-CI-019
v.
HOME DEPOT U.S.A., INC.,
a Foreign Corporation,
Defendant.
CaSanOvA

Porter, TX

#36 Dec 1, 2009
Itís funny but after they terminating me from the home depot i felt relieve!!...
Talking about hr managers that donít care about what you just tell them in their SERIOUS meetings with employees.. After telling the HR district manager about what was going on with the new manager at the store.. She said.. You are right, we will find the right way to see what is going on, and yes.. This is totally wrong this manager is stilling from the company and not doing the right thing, bla bla bla.... Oooooh yeeees.. Big liar. She was sleeping with the manager of the store yees, the one that was wrong and stilling from the company.. She didnít even care about what was going on......now she is not longer in the home depot because they found out she was dating this manager.. But.. The manager still after all the stuff he had done, is still part of the home depot.. Well anyways.. Is not like we are losing a bunch... He is part of a bad company and they deserve him!
CaSanOvA

Porter, TX

#37 Dec 1, 2009
Not Homer wrote:
I was told by my manager straight forward that I am targeted for abuse though I has been doing a good job. It does not matter how good you do your job. In your case, what matters is your skin color, your gender, your nationality. If you are not from this country, you will never become part of the inner circle. All the so called core values are bunch of BS!
Yes.. you are right.. core values.. for how?? for the ones that DATE HR MANAGERS AND STILL WORK At stores... its a shame!! what a great company, believe me I tought I was in the right spot, doing a bunch... helping others, CORE VALUES WARE really good, I guess just on fairy books! because, they dont give a F...!!!
Home Depot Associate

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#38 Dec 2, 2009
Good Job you need any additional support ask you former associate to bond together as we started the business we all worked for the company and the growth with that was profit sharing
may miami

Delray Beach, FL

#39 Dec 3, 2009
Home Depot is One of the biggest bullies when it comes to treating there employees. Managers are overworked. and I mean 18 Hour shifts daily sometimes even forced to give up there days off if things are not going the way the regional managers want it to go. They are pushing this bullshit customer service but dont have enough employees working in there stores. This is not about if you dont like it leave. This is about commonsense,fare humane laws. Slavery has been over a long time ago
but apparently they think they can still treat there employees as if they have no rights. I would like to see what they are going to do when all there employees decide to go on strike here in Florida. Who is going to run there stores for 15, 16 and 18 hour shifts with barely a lunch break. What kind of a Company Breaks up family's, and endangers there employees health.One that only cares about MONEY HOME DEPOT. Remmember Home Depot you only make money beacause we the people decide to come to you. We the people are also family memmbers of your ABUSED employees. Enough is Enough!!!!! The Economy might be a bit shady but it does not mean that u could go around bulling your employees, overwork them underpay them. What kind of bullshit is this Power Hour lololo you want everyone to tend to customer service yeah when should they answer problem phone calls, run there 10 thousand reports a day and deal with all the other bullshit. You know what Hire more employees and maybe then youll have better customer service. In all the years i have shopped in your stores you havae never had customer service. Bottom line your employees are a product of your ABUSE. You better shape up or you will be all over the media with thousands of employees here in florida in front of your store picketing.
hrdwrgrl

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#40 Dec 10, 2009
fairnbalanced wrote:
ExDepot I feel for you and your husband,but you can't judge an entire company by a few bad Managers. I've been with THD for 13 yrs . I've worked in 3 different Stores, in 3 different Districts,in 3 different Markets in 3 Different states. Fortunetly Like evry job out there THD has its ups and downs,I've put in just as many hours as your husband has if not more .I remeber as a DH,on one pay period picking up 30hrs of OT for majors resets .Now as an ASM life seems a lil easier because our DH's nowadays don't have as much to do as we had when I was up and coming due to the implementation of the IMA's and MET Associates. I've had good days and bad days as an hourly and as a Salaried Associate. Just as you seem to have a bad image of all HD Management ,the same can be made for SOME Associate work ethics . I started in the Lot back in 1996,there were not so great mgrs then and there are some not so great Mgrs now. This is Retail and THD is a Retail GIANT .If there is a perfect GIANT Retail company out there with Perfect Mgrs. let us know . As you pointed out in one of your comments,there probably hundreds or thousands of Associates who feel as if they have been treated unfairly,but there's also thousands if not a hundred thousand of Associates that would beg to differ. So lets be fair and balanced (got that from FOX NEWS),and not judge the whole company by the treatment of those who you and your hubby have worked for that have obviously abused their positions of Authority. Just a note, in my 13 yrs,in the Carolinas,the Ohio Valley, and here in the Inland Empire, there have been quite a few salaried Associates who have been PROMOTED TO CUSTOMERS,for unfair treatment of Associates . take care and God Bless
Woo Hoo!! Thank is what I call good old HD Cheer!!
FLHDAssociate

Saint Augustine, FL

#41 Dec 15, 2009
SHRM, i just want to compliment you on your advice to your husband to get away from a company that treats him so poorly, I am a HD associate who for the most part enjoys what I do but in the last six months I have seen such a change in this company that I am looking for a new job myself. HD has taken the most straight forward and simple occupation and dramatized it to the umpteenth degree.(no one ever says it but we are a glorified hardware store. Keep it clean and safe, take care of customers, stock it well, treat each other well and the rest takes care of itself)
my compliments, to you and your husband live a good life, care for each other, shop somewhere else.
Ex Depot SHRM wrote:
<quoted text>
You might want to put it into perspective Desi. Some people don't like to fail and quitting to them is failing. I worked at THD as a SHRM for five years. I left three years ago, long before they eliminated the in-store position. I enjoyed a lot of things about that job. I am still sorry I had to leave. I liked the variety, the customers, and most of my associates and managers. What I didn't like were the 70+ hours a week that it takes if you want to do even a half decent job, the insults by various levels of management including District levels HRs, and the threats. It can be a very degrading environment. It got to a point where I was sure, everyday when I went to work, I was going to get fired! I was V+ rated, got increases, bonused and trained new HRs for the District, so it's not that I didn't do a good job.
My husband, an assistant manager, just gave his notice (in this economy with no new job) because he really believes the job might end up killing him. He regularly works 70-80 hours a week. Rarely gets a lunch or breaks.(How can you with only one manager in the store.) Power hour is a good idea but on the weekends it's ridiculous. His feet when he comes home are bloody. We even went out and invested in $200 shoes to see if it would help. He is regularly scheduled to open after closing where he isn't out of the store until 1 a.m. There have even been times recently where he was on the schedule as the opener and the closer. He's worked 18 hours, because he had to reset a department, got home at 3 a.m. dog tired and his phone rang at 6:00 a.m. with the District Manager chewing him out because the store was not to his standard. I was right next to him so I heard the whole conversation. I told him finally to quit, it really is just not worth it. He too feels like he's failed at the job but physically he can't do it anymore and emotionally it's taking a toll as well.
It always seemed to me that the old school depot employees, of which there are many, play by different rules. There is definitely favoritism and preferential treatment depending upon who you know. As an outsider it was very difficult to integrate even though I felt like I had a good relationship with my managers. I think that's alot of the problem. Bad habits have gone unchecked and they continue to perpetuate the problem. Training is also not provided consistently. I heard plenty of bad advice given to new DHs and ASMs during training classes. Employees would ask me to clarify things told to them during other parts of the training and often it was very bad advice and not factual.
So, to close...while you may be a very loyal orange blooded Home Depot employee, it's easy to say "if you're not happy find another job." It doesn't make the things that go on okay. It's the principle of the matter. Home Depot has a very lofty attitude and touts how important the employee is to the success of the organization. People aren't stupid. They know when a corporate vision and values mean something and when it's just lip service. I think back in the day when Arthur and Bernie started it all that was the reality, the employees did matter. Today, not so much...
SFL

Clearwater, FL

#42 Jan 14, 2010
may miami wrote:
Home Depot is One of the biggest bullies when it comes to treating there employees. Managers are overworked. and I mean 18 Hour shifts daily sometimes even forced to give up there days off if things are not going the way the regional managers want it to go. They are pushing this bullshit customer service but dont have enough employees working in there stores. This is not about if you dont like it leave. This is about commonsense,fare humane laws. Slavery has been over a long time ago
but apparently they think they can still treat there employees as if they have no rights. I would like to see what they are going to do when all there employees decide to go on strike here in Florida. Who is going to run there stores for 15, 16 and 18 hour shifts with barely a lunch break. What kind of a Company Breaks up family's, and endangers there employees health.One that only cares about MONEY HOME DEPOT. Remmember Home Depot you only make money beacause we the people decide to come to you. We the people are also family memmbers of your ABUSED employees. Enough is Enough!!!!! The Economy might be a bit shady but it does not mean that u could go around bulling your employees, overwork them underpay them. What kind of bullshit is this Power Hour lololo you want everyone to tend to customer service yeah when should they answer problem phone calls, run there 10 thousand reports a day and deal with all the other bullshit. You know what Hire more employees and maybe then youll have better customer service. In all the years i have shopped in your stores you havae never had customer service. Bottom line your employees are a product of your ABUSE. You better shape up or you will be all over the media with thousands of employees here in florida in front of your store picketing.
Each Home depot store is diffrent in its managment team i am consider myself verry lucky to be working in my store because we have the best store manager and assistant store managers. My store manager can actually tell you every one of his associates names, their childrens and their spouces. If something happens in your life and you need something our Whole store pulls together and gets you through it their no choosing or picking whom they like or dislike. Ounce your hired your family in our store. Its not only me who feels that way but everyone from lot associates to reciving and everyone else in beetween. New associates are amazed and older associates whom have been with HD for many many years say were the most fortunate store because of our store manager. If your in the hospital or have family in the hospital were there or if someones past away were there for each associate Iv worked for other retailers ( walmart,Dollar General) the stores where i was unfortinate enough to work in used and burned me up. I have been with home depot for many years now and i can honestly say each store is diffrent and it always starts with that stores store manager. So please dont just assume that all home depots are that way in my store we have always had power hour before the company told us we have to do it, it was already the normal everyday practice in our stores when our foot trafic was the highest, It was Verry Sad that coorprate had to state it in writing to take care of the customer and not task instead for all of the store managers whom wernt paying attention and focusing on the wrong things instead of taking care of their customers. and our stores managment always gives us plenty of time to run and work the reports daily without making us close and open back to back. Its also not unusual for my store manager to have himself open or close the store so one of his assistants or all of them can have the day off.
Its the stores managment team that really does make the impact and i am verry fortunate and blessed to be part of my HOME DEPOT.
P.S.
I am Orange Blooded
Kathryn

United States

#43 Jan 27, 2010
I don't know how anyone who has formerly worked for Home Depot or is now working for Home Depot can say that they hide immoral conduct or harrassment. I can say that for the 8 years that I have worked for Home Depot I have been given every opportunity to succeed, any and all complaints that I have, have been answered and investigated. The truth is that most associates hired only want a pay check and someone to blame for their non performance. This happens in all companies, not just Home Depot. Be hones with yourself and take a good long look in the mirror, you may be surprised at what you see.
gjreal

North Westchester, CT

#45 Apr 24, 2010
Desi wrote:
If your unhappy why are you still working there ?
You must work for home depot corporate, with tour bs jargin. They teach you that? People stay in jobs they don't like all the time. It's called job security. Maybe you haven't looked into the job market conditions, or maybe you just live on mars. You really should not judge individuals for expressing the work conditions they are in every day. I know many people who have worked for home depot, all of which say the same thing, they treat their people like dogs, and get off on it. Matter of fact it's a topic of conversation in their managers meetings, putting down employees and degrading them. Then when a manager is caught doing something unethical, they get rid of the associate that has brought it to light, rather than dealing with the source of the problem. They just move them, maybe to a store near you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Home Depot Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Home Depot Bumped From Number One Tue ann32 1
Return Policy Robs People Returning Items Witho... Dec 21 GCD55 2
Christmas trees Dec 19 Milly 1
EX SpecialServices Dec 19 ann32 2
Cashier VOC Rating (Nov '11) Dec 16 ann32 15
Home Depots poor customer service Dec 16 ann32 2
Military discount program (Jan '14) Dec 16 davids2toys 10
More from around the web