Home depot met team
Bobbyo

Herndon, VA

#21 May 3, 2012
Met members are the second class citizens of the Home Deephole world. The team as a whole is the unhappiest group of individuals I have ever met. I have YET to be acknowledged by a simple "hi" from any store manager, and I've been on the met team four months.

Any met associates EVER been told they're doing a good job, or just been ridden to produce 2.3 bays per hour?

As far as I'm concerned, the "meas" and "mems" are all a bunch of management failures with little or no respect for their workers, probably accounting for the enormous turnover.
Bobbyo

Herndon, VA

#22 May 3, 2012
Before someone jumps, I have been biting my tongue waiting for my 6 month anniversary to try and transfer out of met. Also, part time insurance sux, but can't see myself full time spinning spray paint cans
Starboy

United States

#23 May 8, 2012
Bobbyo wrote:
Met members are the second class citizens of the Home Deephole world. The team as a whole is the unhappiest group of individuals I have ever met. I have YET to be acknowledged by a simple "hi" from any store manager, and I've been on the met team four months.
Any met associates EVER been told they're doing a good job, or just been ridden to produce 2.3 bays per hour?
As far as I'm concerned, the "meas" and "mems" are all a bunch of management failures with little or no respect for their workers, probably accounting for the enormous turnover.
hey bro I'm a temporary part time associate and would like to join that team but I've been only working there for jus 1month and 1 week but I'm not getting enough hours do you think I could apply to join the met team.
get a life

Denver, CO

#24 May 9, 2012
im not a met team associate but the ones that come to our store actually do a great job imm glad thier there, the only thing is none of them can remember their number to punchh in and out.
chrystal t

Tampa, FL

#25 May 10, 2012
Hey guys. I work at store 0244. I was a cashier and I am D 28 now. I can tell you MET Team is Awesome. I think everything they do is Great, I personally love the days when they come out because they make life just a little easier, not just for the day but for the week to come. I will say it now. I thank you.
MET member

Winnipeg, Canada

#26 Jul 21, 2012
Melvucaj wrote:
Does anyone know who pays the MET Team??
Is it directly the store they work for or is it the main office somewhere?
And do you know the main office address ??
Thank you very much!
Just to clear the air....the vendors pay Home Depot, then Home Depot pays the MET team.
MET member

Winnipeg, Canada

#27 Jul 21, 2012
Bobbyo wrote:
Not sure what it's been like for MET members in the U.S.A., but i've been with MET in Canada for just over a year, and I like it a lot! We have a great relationship with the store management and associates to the point where we have been treated to pizza/BBQ days on a few occasions. Also, quite a few of my team members (myself included) have been acknowledged with Homer badges by both our management team and the store management team.
THDexperience

Norwich, CT

#28 Jan 30, 2013
john gamet wrote:
The met team is paid by the vendors not HD
The vendors pay THD, which in turn pays THD MET assocaites and management.
lewis britt

United States

#29 Feb 14, 2013
Melvucaj wrote:
Does anyone know who pays the MET Team??
Is it directly the store they work for or is it the main office somewhere?
And do you know the main office address ??
Thank you very much!

Actually the vendors that have their products on display pay the met team. Not Home depot
bob is gone

San Diego, CA

#30 Feb 26, 2013
The nighttime MET team is coming soon to a Home Depot near you (unless your store already has one).
faithful

Oshawa, Canada

#31 Mar 23, 2013
I've been employed for 15 years at Home Depot and was very proud to wear the orang apron and now I'm extremely proud to wear the orange shirt. So to all those people who love to bad mouth the Depot, I have this to say. GO GET A LIFE
bci

West Covina, CA

#33 May 19, 2013
MET member wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure what it's been like for MET members in the U.S.A., but i've been with MET in Canada for just over a year, and I like it a lot! We have a great relationship with the store management and associates to the point where we have been treated to pizza/BBQ days on a few occasions. Also, quite a few of my team members (myself included) have been acknowledged with Homer badges by both our management team and the store management team.
I work for the MET Team and I think it is a great job. I actually have a good re-pore with the sore associates in my district. I'm sort of alarmed to read some of the other comments on how associates see us on MET. Soom we will be going to MET 2.0 which is a Store Centric plan where we will each be assigned a store where we go every day instead of traveling to 4 different stores during the work week. Has anyone had a dedicated store on MET? If so how is the relationship going between the Associates and the MET associates?
Dragonroze

South San Francisco, CA

#34 Jun 10, 2013
The MET Team is mostly funded by the Vendors. They pay us to stock, maintain ,set , and know there products. There third party reps. that had maintained there products couldn't use lift equipment or software in the home depot stores to complete projects ,and where having to pull store employees off the floor in order to complete projects. Those on the MET Team are Home Depot employees , thus we can use all store software and lift equipment , freeing up the store employees to provide better customer service. The MET Team also will help out the stores by providing extra customer service in the store.
Apron

Rochester, NH

#35 Jun 17, 2013
Home Depot pays the MET salary then bills the vendor for services. It is supposed to be a close to a 50/50 split but I think Home Depot makes out on the deal.
Apron

Rochester, NH

#36 Jun 17, 2013
MET team is what you make of it, just like the store. If you live by their and Home Depot's standards you will be respected by associates as you will be helping them out in a huge way. If you just check the pog and move on without down stocking and performing other required duties then they won't as they will be forced to work twice as hard. An associate doesn't get much time to maintain bays and product. This is why MET has a role in Home Depot and why they are allowed to work during power hours. I worked MET for a while and went back to the store side as a DH. Like the store their are people who do their part and people who don't, store associates are keyed to sales and MET to servicing the bay, if either fail then Home Depot as a hole fails and everyone feels it. I can tell you in the stores I worked and the one I work in MEA's who perform their duties are fully respected and appreciated by store associates. We are all working toward the same goal, customer service and MET is just as important in that goal as the actual selling process.
Lay Off the MET team

Mandeville, LA

#37 Jun 27, 2013
bci wrote:
<quoted text>
I work for the MET Team and I think it is a great job. I actually have a good re-pore with the sore associates in my district. I'm sort of alarmed to read some of the other comments on how associates see us on MET. Soom we will be going to MET 2.0 which is a Store Centric plan where we will each be assigned a store where we go every day instead of traveling to 4 different stores during the work week. Has anyone had a dedicated store on MET? If so how is the relationship going between the Associates and the MET associates?
We have a dedicated MET Team that works at our store (0358) M-F, they do not travel. Come August we are getting a night MET team. They are employees at THD as much as we are and we all have a great relationship with each other. The only difference between them and us is that they wear orange SHIRTS and we wear orange APRONS. I love our MET team, they work very hard and are always there to help you locate something if you can't find it because they usually know right where it is.
MET one

New Caney, TX

#38 Jun 29, 2013
I am only 6 months with the Met team. I am happy to be on the MET team. I have a real sense of pride working here. It helps that I am not trying to be a rich person, only to get what I need, since this job doesn't pay allot. But it has allot more perks that make up for that. If you work here take a little pride in your job. If you are an associate that doesn't like met please realize that Met has loafers just like the store. Just learn who you can trust and don't judge the whole team by a few bad apples.
metsux

New Bedford, MA

#39 Jul 29, 2013
Good luck with nights. Can't wait to see MET fail at that.

United States

#40 Jul 29, 2013
The vendors pay for MET and HD pays for most of the associates pretend insurance. Yeah, that's right.
teresa

High Point, NC

#41 Aug 12, 2013
randall wrote:
>and either hide or spend time sitting at carpet >desk, kitchen desk or appliance desk.
Don't the associates who cover those dpts kick them off those desks?
you are so right

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Home Depot Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Home Depot set scheduling not a good idea Nov 30 Silvia50 3
Mailbox Installation Service Nov 29 Mailbox Remedies 1
Wrongful Termination at Home Depot (Jul '12) Nov 24 Jeff 19
set schudels coming to home depot (Jan '16) Nov 24 TTGL 36
Home depot MEA (Sep '08) Nov 23 Met Coach Miami 57
Does the Aware Line record your call? (Mar '11) Nov 22 HD Green 107
Everbilt Products? (Aug '13) Nov 11 Zepp0801 9
More from around the web