Home depot met team
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Anonymous

Stone Ridge, NY

#1 Oct 23, 2011
Does anyone know who pays the MET Team??
Is it directly the store they work for or is it the main office somewhere?
And do you know the main office address ??
Thank you very much!
unlawful conduct by HD

Tucson, AZ

#2 Oct 23, 2011
"main office"? huh?
probably more like a building full of "main offices" in atlanta
Anonymous

Stone Ridge, NY

#3 Oct 23, 2011
unlawful conduct by HD wrote:
"main office"? huh?
probably more like a building full of "main offices" in atlanta
Does the MET Team get paid by the Atlanta headquarter ?
john gamet

Franklin, TN

#4 Nov 2, 2011
The met team is paid by the vendors not HD
john gamet

Franklin, TN

#5 Nov 2, 2011
the met team is paid by the vendors
no more secrets

Palatine, IL

#6 Nov 2, 2011
john gamet wrote:
the met team is paid by the vendors
----------Do you get a pay check from HOME DEPOTS vendors or do you get a paycheck from HOME DEPOT?-------If you get a pay check from HOME DEPOT, then you work for HOME DEPOT, are employees of HOME DEPOT and report to managers that are employees of HOME DEPOT.--------The vendors do a set aside on their billings to compensate HOME DEPOT for doing the tasks that they previously did for the HOME DEPOT. You are NOT payed by the vendors!
Winchester

Dallas, TX

#7 Nov 3, 2011
Technically yes met team gets a check from home depot but home depot gets the money to pay met by the vendors for the service provided.
no more secrets

Palatine, IL

#8 Nov 3, 2011
Winchester wrote:
Technically yes met team gets a check from home depot but home depot gets the money to pay met by the vendors for the service provided.
Glad to see that you agree with me and it was nice that you restated what I said in my post in a simple manner.
john gamet

Franklin, TN

#9 Nov 3, 2011
Met doesnt cost the stores anything
no more secrets

Palatine, IL

#10 Nov 4, 2011
john gamet wrote:
Met doesnt cost the stores anything
-----wrong----The stores must generate the sale for the vendors to pay depot for the met services---all part of the same company and each employee's salary comes off the bottom line of profit even with reimbursement from vendors. Think of met as another part of the profit margin which is eaten up by payroll from met.
no more secrets

Palatine, IL

#11 Nov 5, 2011
The point I was trying to make is that it should not be "us" and "them" or visa versa. Met and store employees all work for the depot and are equally put upon by management woefully lacking in people skills. Each job has it's pluses and minuses, as a former associate the minuses out weighed the pluses and I am no longer an employee.
unlawful conduct by HD

Tucson, AZ

#12 Nov 5, 2011
no more secrets wrote:
and I am no longer an employee.
don't be mad at HD just cuz you got fired for being a total douche. that's one of the few good things HD has actually done.
no more secrets

Palatine, IL

#13 Nov 5, 2011
unlawful conduct by HD wrote:
<quoted text>
don't be mad at HD just cuz you got fired for being a total douche. that's one of the few good things HD has actually done.
Your continued employment a the deephole confirms MY decision to QUIT. Lots of great people there and also many worthless lowlifes that hide from customers and make more work for those that care. No doubt where you fit based on your posts and I am glad to not have to put up with your type anymore. If you stick around long enough they will make you a manager. Anyway, I feel that the split between Met and store associates is caused by alack of appreciation and understanding for the jobs and responsibilities (and the resultant pressures) that each group has.
Work for pay

Clifton Park, NY

#14 Nov 5, 2011
The met team consist of 5 people who work hard and get things done and 20 others who do very little and either hide or spend time sitting at carpet desk, kitchen desk or appliance desk. The met team Ned's to get rid of the dead wait and employee workers, at this point it is a cake job and they often leave store in disarray. There is no exit plan for goods no longer in the assortment to be displayed, just put in overhead and marked down, deleting profits.

Since: Nov 11

Greer, SC

#15 Nov 20, 2011
Listen we the "met jerks" hear nothing but positive reviews from the customers because most of the time the stores run a skeleton schedule and they can't ever find any store associates and if they do find a store associate they usually just point and tell the customers where to go, it's sad when customers ask for our schedule because they don't want to go in the stores when met isn't there, so maybe if the associates were doing a job right you know "real customer service" then met can do there jobs, The bottom line is if it were you in the orange shirts working 6-3 Monday-friday you wouldn't be running your mouth like you are now, so thanks for reading and remember all you store associates have fun working those nights and weekends!
randall

United States

#16 Nov 22, 2011
>and either hide or spend time sitting at carpet >desk, kitchen desk or appliance desk.

Don't the associates who cover those dpts kick them off those desks?
Dex

Festus, MO

#17 Nov 22, 2011
I am a employee of HD who works on the MET team. I started 8 and a half years ago and even back then as an overnight associate i heard the same complaints. overnights did this and day shift did that. It's a never ending cycle. If everyone would just worry about doing their job and not worry about what everyone else is doing then things would get done. Everyones job is to help the CUSTOMER they are the reason we get a paycheck. No customer No paycheck. Take Lowes for example. How many stores are they closing? Not enough!! Friendly associates, clean stores, stocked shelves bring in the customers which adds more associates on the floor. D150 Met has good and bad associates but it is my job to do my job and let the management take care of the ones that don't. Lowes Sucks!! Happy Holidays!
Dapper Dan says

Toledo, OH

#18 Jan 18, 2012
Look, I have been with MET since day one. I have also worked in the store before MET came along. I have worked as an associate in Tool Rental, D28, 25, 22, and even specialty dept D30. After that, I was promoted to receiving dept head. That was when we still had night receiving and a freight team. All of this was in a Cat 5 store. I will confirm with out a shadow of a doubt that receiving/freight team and MET are by far the most physically demanding positions in the store! MET is there to take care of the heavy lifting in your dept. So that you may spend more time with the customer. Yeah, you might have a little pack down here and there (yes, compared to the labor that MET performs on a daily basis your little pack down IS minuscule!) but all you really have to do is talk to the customer! But everytime I try to find an apron guess what, your all in the break room complaining about how much work you have to do! God forbid you have to do your job so shut up and go fill that hole I just put on your pack down list Roscoe!
Dee

San Diego, CA

#19 Mar 23, 2012
Melvucaj wrote:
<quoted text>
Does the MET Team get paid by the Atlanta headquarter ?
Yes they are employed by the home depot so their checks say home depot and come from Atlanta.
neiko

Butler, PA

#20 Mar 25, 2012
Melvucaj wrote:
Does anyone know who pays the MET Team??
Is it directly the store they work for or is it the main office somewhere?
And do you know the main office address ??
Thank you very much!
Supposedly, It is the companies or the vendors that pay the Met Team's wages. That's what my Team has been told. All I know is that they don't pay very much for what we do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Home Depot Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Home Depot set scheduling not a good idea Nov 30 Silvia50 3
Mailbox Installation Service Nov 29 Mailbox Remedies 1
Wrongful Termination at Home Depot (Jul '12) Nov 24 Jeff 19
set schudels coming to home depot (Jan '16) Nov 24 TTGL 36
Home depot MEA (Sep '08) Nov 23 Met Coach Miami 57
Does the Aware Line record your call? (Mar '11) Nov 22 HD Green 107
Everbilt Products? (Aug '13) Nov 11 Zepp0801 9
More from around the web