home depot sucks!!!!!!
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
nlw

Cincinnati, OH

#1 Aug 27, 2009
My husband and I just had a horrible shopping experience with the Home Depot. We went in three weeks ago to order countertops. The sales person convinced us to have someone come out to our home and do professional measurements for $100 so that the cuts would be precise and would have to be replaced by the home depot if not. We went for this and paid the $100 while we were at the store. We were told that a design consultant would contact us within two days and would come to our home and do electronic measurements and a drawing of our countertop lay out. We had to contact home depot three times before we ever got this scheduled (which wasn't until a week later). When they finally came out, they came with a tape meaure and scratched down the measurements. I questioned home depot about this because they had already had me do these measurements which is what they submit to the company that comes out. Why would anyone pay $100 to have someone do the exact measurements that we had already done?! I was then told that someone from the company would be back out to complete the measurements electronically so we waited and waited and never got a call to have this scheduled. I contacted home depot and left a message with the expiditer as I was instructed to do by the sales associate, she never returned my call. I called two more times before finally requesting to speak with the manager so they put me through to the assistant manager who told me that there had been miscommunication between them and the company they use and someone would call me to set it up as soon as we paid for our countertop order. I of course questioned this because we had already paid for the measurement service and didn't receive what we paid for and now they tell us that in order to receive the service we need to purchase something else?! This made no sense at all. I had to fight and fight and was on the phone for two hours with the assistant manager. I was told several different things by the sales associate, expiditer, and assistant manager and finally the store manager agreed that yes I was right and we should receive the service that we paid for without having to buy anything further. This whole experience has now put us a month behind on completing our countertops so of course I asked what could be done to compensate us for all of the inconveniences and I was given $50 back after spending $850 (what a slap in the face). We will no longer shop at the home depot as there is a lowes right down the street and they seem to have better prices and much better customer service anyways!
JJJ

Tempe, AZ

#3 Sep 2, 2009
nlw wrote:
My husband and I just had a horrible shopping experience with the Home Depot. We went in three weeks ago to order countertops. The sales person convinced us to have someone come out to our home and do professional measurements for $100 so that the cuts would be precise and would have to be replaced by the home depot if not. We went for this and paid the $100 while we were at the store. We were told that a design consultant would contact us within two days and would come to our home and do electronic measurements and a drawing of our countertop lay out. We had to contact home depot three times before we ever got this scheduled (which wasn't until a week later). When they finally came out, they came with a tape meaure and scratched down the measurements. I questioned home depot about this because they had already had me do these measurements which is what they submit to the company that comes out. Why would anyone pay $100 to have someone do the exact measurements that we had already done?! I was then told that someone from the company would be back out to complete the measurements electronically so we waited and waited and never got a call to have this scheduled. I contacted home depot and left a message with the expiditer as I was instructed to do by the sales associate, she never returned my call. I called two more times before finally requesting to speak with the manager so they put me through to the assistant manager who told me that there had been miscommunication between them and the company they use and someone would call me to set it up as soon as we paid for our countertop order. I of course questioned this because we had already paid for the measurement service and didn't receive what we paid for and now they tell us that in order to receive the service we need to purchase something else?! This made no sense at all. I had to fight and fight and was on the phone for two hours with the assistant manager. I was told several different things by the sales associate, expiditer, and assistant manager and finally the store manager agreed that yes I was right and we should receive the service that we paid for without having to buy anything further. This whole experience has now put us a month behind on completing our countertops so of course I asked what could be done to compensate us for all of the inconveniences and I was given $50 back after spending $850 (what a slap in the face). We will no longer shop at the home depot as there is a lowes right down the street and they seem to have better prices and much better customer service anyways!
These people are (Stupid) shoppers to say the least. All you have to do is talk to the store manager and he will authorize a FREE measurement and probably 10% off the whole sale!

D'OH!
bobalouie

Atlanta, GA

#4 Sep 9, 2009
These customers obviously don't listen to the HD associated. The normal timeline for counter top involves at least one week to measure.
depot

Omaha, NE

#5 Sep 9, 2009
another reason why the customer is NOT always right... I highly doubt Lowes would get your measurements done in 2 days. In fact if you expect it done that fast then you are asking for things to be done half assed. Next time talk directly to the store manager they will refund you're $100 measurement fee and give you a discount and hell I'de throw in a $150 gift card just to get your happy ass on the way. I've shopped Lowes and Sutherlands and Menards and lately their customer service SUCKS... you can't even get them to meet you eye to eye and God forbid their cashiers smile... around here our managers have worked hard to assure that customers are greeted and helped at all cost and don't let me catch a cashier not helping or addressing the customer. Good luck with the competitor i bet you find the grass isn't always greener on the other side
Homer

Woodstock, GA

#6 Sep 26, 2009
Shame on you, Home Depot Manager! Show some respect to the customer. It is the people like you make THD a symbol of big racist.
silver fox

Atlanta, GA

#7 Oct 25, 2009
you would be lucky to find anyone in cabinets at certain hours .The computer tell the ac when to put living person in a dept.
flint man

Clio, MI

#8 Oct 27, 2009
This most likely a real problem with that store not necessarily the whole company. I have heard stories about hd around other areas and had trouble with lowes as well some locations of walmart. HD near works fine for me. The lowes across the street doesn't even try. Menards is the best I have ever seen. As for walmart they are usually full of management like the two from Cincinatti and Hungtington Valley. So yeah, Home Depot Manager has a point they don't want our money or a job.

Let their companies know so they can start their new career as a walmart mgr. I know, I work for Kroger and we had a mgr that acted like that. He now works for walmart.
BigNutz

Atlantic City, NJ

#9 May 28, 2010
The response by the Home Depot manager does not surprise me. I was just told by an assistant manager that a nailed down laminate counter top is something that is an "Unforeseen Circumstance", and the contractor installers left after spending 10 minutes here this morning! What a waste of time. Has Home Depot just started doing this last week?!?! EVERY countertop I have ever dealt with was nailed or glued down, and they say they can't remove it?!?!? I'm going to cancel my order and expect them to try and screw me. I'm done with this bloated bullshit company. I was warned about their home improvement installation service, so really it's my fault. It still doesn't piss me off any less.
Sam

Salt Lake City, UT

#10 Aug 12, 2010
Home depot screws everyone at least once in their life.
Hussein

Canfield, OH

#11 Sep 13, 2010
that what you get. while contractors go under because idiots like you support these big box stores with college thugs working there who have no clue. i am glad you are out the money. next time hire a professional. and did you learn your lesson? no. "we are going to lowes".

idiots
DJS

Lombard, IL

#12 Sep 17, 2010
I was there last night and had a guy set up an appointment for a person to come and do a consultation at 6:30. 7:20 rolls around and nobody showed up. I called and they needed to call the person to see where he was at. The guy calls me back and says he can't get a hold of him. Then he calls me back 2 minutes later and says the car broke down. What the hell kind of customer service is this. They can't even call and let us know. If the jerk-off wanted to go drinking on a Friday night, call me and cancel so I'm not waiting around all night. Oh yeah, the associates don't know there head from there ass. I am a plumber and helped more people in the store than they do because they don't know the answer.
Astro

Raleigh, NC

#13 Sep 17, 2010
DJS wrote:
I was there last night and had a guy set up an appointment for a person to come and do a consultation at 6:30. 7:20 rolls around and nobody showed up. I called and they needed to call the person to see where he was at. The guy calls me back and says he can't get a hold of him. Then he calls me back 2 minutes later and says the car broke down. What the hell kind of customer service is this. They can't even call and let us know. If the jerk-off wanted to go drinking on a Friday night, call me and cancel so I'm not waiting around all night. Oh yeah, the associates don't know there head from there ass. I am a plumber and helped more people in the store than they do because they don't know the answer.
Then a job at HD and get paid for ur service
DJS

Lombard, IL

#14 Sep 20, 2010
Astro wrote:
<quoted text>
Then a job at HD and get paid for ur service
They couldn't pay me enough. I just feel bad for some customers when the workers can't help them
jasn

Cleveland, OH

#15 Oct 5, 2010
i also had a very bad experience with the home depot in maple Hts Ohio on Libby rd i rented a tool for my friend and they charged me $50 for a deposit witch was fine but when he return the tool the paid the cash to zero out the balance and they took his money and took it out my account too. i got a alert on my email so i went to the store with my friend with the reciept in hand and the asst manager Brain proceed to tell me there is nothing he can do. This what they call customer service? it was horrible if he would said we made a mistake and apologized than may be i would not be upset but he did not care he was a total asshole to me and if they don't fix my problem i will boycott and protest for people not to shop at HOME DEPOT ever!
Dave

Atlanta, GA

#16 Dec 9, 2010
I work for Home Depot in New York. It is a terrible store with little help. Only a handfew know what they are talking about. If i was a DYI'er I would never shop there.
Bob

Crescent City, CA

#17 Jan 12, 2011
The people who defend Home Depot on here are idiots or shills for the comapny. Just got an estimate (cost me $50 shame on me) to get some work done by the Elk Grove, CA Home Depot. Home depot came in at over double compared to two other estimates by licensed contractors. Talked to the store manager, the district manager and the district services manager...all thought this was a good way to do business and didn't see a thing wrong with overcharging somebody $1000. You ever go there, say hello to the crooks at Home Depot!!!!!!!!!!
no more secrets

Palatine, IL

#18 Jan 12, 2011
Compared prices on tools and material at homedeephole and Lowes----$2.00 less at Lowes on $480.00 purchase, but then Lowes gave me a 10% veterans discount($50.00 total savings). Manager at homedeephole told me I was an ex employee and he did not give a rats ass if I was a veteran so just buy your stuff at Lowes he said. Bought my stuff at Lowes for $428.00 plus tax and ounce again homedeephole sucks!!!!
betty

Atlanta, GA

#19 Jan 12, 2011
bobalouie wrote:
These customers obviously don't listen to the HD associated. The normal timeline for counter top involves at least one week to measure.
yeah my store manager probley would of gave it to you for free for the hassel. learn how to wheel and deal
Jean

New Baltimore, MI

#20 Jan 14, 2011
BigNutz wrote:
The response by the Home Depot manager does not surprise me. I was just told by an assistant manager that a nailed down laminate counter top is something that is an "Unforeseen Circumstance", and the contractor installers left after spending 10 minutes here this morning! What a waste of time. Has Home Depot just started doing this last week?!?! EVERY countertop I have ever dealt with was nailed or glued down, and they say they can't remove it?!?!? I'm going to cancel my order and expect them to try and screw me. I'm done with this bloated bullshit company. I was warned about their home improvement installation service, so really it's my fault. It still doesn't piss me off any less.
You are the Idiot !! You do Not nail Or glue counter tops to cabinets. You use cleats & screws.They will not try to remove something that can damage your cabinets, because then they would be liable. Home Depot Sucks, but you are just stupid.
Be nice

Hyannis, MA

#21 Jan 15, 2011
Hey jean why dont you be a little nicer. Not everyone knows how to install cabinets. yes HOME SHITHOLE does suck LOWES LOWES LOWES is the best place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Home Depot Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hampton bay model AC-552 Tue Shawn 1
Why are my hours being cut to less than half of... (Jun '15) Sun Nothappy 6
set schudels coming to home depot (Jan '16) Aug 16 Nothappy 11
Contractor discount at Home Depot (Feb '08) Aug 16 Joshua Daniels 44
Attendance Sop (Aug '14) Aug 15 Eric011978 10
Home Depot CEO, Frank Blake Implicated In Emplo... (Aug '08) Aug 7 Lewismalinda200 188
70 percent off doesn't apply to plywood? Jul 29 Sandshrew 2
More from around the web