Mattel, Hasbro warn they could be hur...

Mattel, Hasbro warn they could be hurt by tough economy

There are 4 comments on the Newsday story from Oct 21, 2008, titled Mattel, Hasbro warn they could be hurt by tough economy. In it, Newsday reports that:

There will be toys for kids this holiday season, but the fight for parents' dollars looks to be a tough one for toy makers, who are facing rising costs amid the swooning economy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

ExTex

Edison, NJ

#1 Oct 22, 2008
Awwww... poor little companies are hurting...

MAYBE IF THEY DIDN'T MOVE ALL THEIR JOBS OUT OF AMERICA AND TO CHINA people could still afford their toys!!!!

And maybe then their cruddy toys wouldn't have the LEAD problem either.

Jerks!

“It might have been !!!”

Since: Aug 07

F&P City

#2 Oct 22, 2008
ExTex wrote:
Awwww... poor little companies are hurting...
MAYBE IF THEY DIDN'T MOVE ALL THEIR JOBS OUT OF AMERICA AND TO CHINA people could still afford their toys!!!!
And maybe then their cruddy toys wouldn't have the LEAD problem either.
Jerks!
While I understand your frustrations, the reason they moved production to China is to keep their products affordable. That's business management 101. The lead problems are just poor quality control.

“Go Ahead Liberal, Make My Day”

Since: Dec 07

Florida...home of Trump

#3 Oct 22, 2008
Tap San in LIC wrote:
<quoted text>
While I understand your frustrations, the reason they moved production to China is to keep their products affordable. That's business management 101. The lead problems are just poor quality control.
and of course the CEO's get to keep their bonus checks

“It might have been !!!”

Since: Aug 07

F&P City

#4 Oct 22, 2008
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
and of course the CEO's get to keep their bonus checks
Of course, when the stock holders are happy the CEO's are happy. That's the bottom dollar, always has been, always will be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hasbro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thimble tossed! Game piece voted out of Monopol... Feb '17 Xstain Mullah Fra... 1
furbling hats Dec '16 KingFurby77 1
Mr Do Bee (Aug '16) Aug '16 MrBob123 1
Clue boardwalk bonus cards (Jul '16) Jul '16 Mystang89 1
Cluedo (Jun '16) Jun '16 HiHi 1
the forgotten collectors! (May '16) May '16 COLLECTOR1970 1
MyLittlePony iPad Game Bug Problem (Mar '16) Mar '16 Gabriel Bloom 1
More from around the web