Halliburton sued over Cold War missile casing site

Nov 5, 2011 Full story: Reuters 6

Halliburton Co faces lawsuits over groundwater pollution near a now-closed facility in Oklahoma that cleaned missile casings for the U.S. Defense Department during the Cold War, the company said on Friday.

Full Story
Dwight Baker

Eagle Pass, TX

#1 Nov 5, 2011
The EPA needs to bring criminal charges against those Halliburton employees as individuals that promoted or allowed this to go on.
By Dwight Baker
Dbaker22@stx.rr.com
11/5/11
ARTICLE
Halliburton sued over Cold War missile casing site
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/11/04/us-...

MY TAKE

Duncan Oklahoma is my hometown. I worked for Halliburton for a short time then moved on. Duncan Oklahoma has always been known as the Home of Halliburton.

Many in Duncan that I know personally have stayed some still work for Halliburton many more left when Dick Cheney took over as CEO. Earl P. Halliburton was founder and built up the company. He was a good guy and tried to do what was right, but as revenues grew he lost sight of day-to-day operations and moved on to California. He died as a tragic alcoholic.

During that growth period the gangsters and banksters as accountants took over the operations and with that all good things ended.

Halliburton has many work sites across the USA where they have contaminated the soil so much the property has no resale value. WHY the cost to clean up would be more than the selling price.

Now, the CEO of Halliburton lies in Dubai in fact the world headquarters is there. What does that tell anyone about the feared safety predicated on all the grand slam theft that went on during Dick Cheney time as CEO.

The real scourge of Halliburtonís present actions of letting this get out of hand with billions if needed to help aid the victims and their personal and property rights clearly shows that once again Big Business Rules and in doing with a cruel harsh hand.
Brown Beret

Oklahoma City, OK

#2 Nov 7, 2011
you worked at halliburton? what did you do at Halliburton? Your post seems a bit contrived. Can you give some examples of the day to day operations that Earl lost sight of? What "feared safty predicated on all the grand slam theft" are you talking about specifically?
Dwight Baker

Eagle Pass, TX

#3 Nov 7, 2011
Brown Beret

I worked for Halliburton and with Halliburton many times with many divisions before Dick Cheney gutted Halliburton while at the helm. I stated the facts nothing was said amiss from the truth. I suggest you read history it is all there.
Brown Beret

Oklahoma City, OK

#4 Nov 21, 2011
just want to hear from the horses mouth, you've workded so many Division and all. I asked for examples. Examples = facts that you havent bothered to provide. Did you really work for Halliburton?
expat

Zapresic, Croatia

#5 Dec 8, 2011
Used to work with Hall almost 10 years. No single good word about managment. This company has a kind of seek and hide mentality. If you are good on the field you will work overtime, if you are bad on the field you will end up in office. If you strat to comply, you are out. This is the way how it works.
Dwight Baker

Eagle Pass, TX

#6 Dec 8, 2011
When Dick Cheney took over Halliburton took a nosedive. I have long time friends that quit because of the way things changed. The CEO in charge today is a bean counter that was with the firm that helped take down ENRON. So there you go, the crooks have been allowed to go and do and rob us blind. Now when will all that end? WHO KNOWS?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Halliburton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Halliburton Defends Its Cement Work, Blaming BP... (Sep '10) Dec 3 swedenforever 14
Cheney's Halliburton Made $39.5 Billion on Iraq... (Mar '13) Nov 22 Swedenforever 43
Halliburton pleads guilty to destroying Gulf sp... (Jul '13) Oct '14 swedenforever 25
Halliburton Admits Skipping Key Cement Test (Oct '10) Aug '14 swedenforever 15
Russian $8.2 Trillion Oil Trove Locked Without ... (Jun '14) Jun '14 TechGeeko 4
Weekly 52-Week Highs Highlight: MAR, JNJ, HAL, BHI (Apr '14) Apr '14 stevebry56 4
Supreme Court seeks compromise in securities fr... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Halito 1
More from around the web