Halliburton Profit Declines Less Than Estimated

Jul 20, 2009 | Posted by: Mr_Bill | Full story: www.bloomberg.com

Halliburton Co. a s second-quarter profit fell less than analysts estimated as the worlda s second- largest oilfield-services provider earned more from markets such as the Middle East and Asia than from work in North America.

Comments
1 - 20 of 22 Comments Last updated Jul 22, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Virginia Smthe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 20, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Maybe they'll find someone else to start a war for them.

“Love of $ is the Root of Evil”

Since: Sep 08

Gotham City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jul 20, 2009
 

Judged:

3

3

2

This company is going to become the Achilles heel of the USA. They are deeply embedded with the US military and have business contracts with sworn enemies of America.

Extremely dangerous are their profits.

All at the expense of the US taxpayer, the moral of the US military, and systematic secrets of the USA as a whole.....
crazy ox3thong

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 20, 2009
 
Hallwaytothehellthcarehehehehe he
Populist

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 20, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Halliburton Will Move HQ to Dubai
Halliburton Will Shift Headquarters From Houston to Mideast Financial Powerhouse of Dubai
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates
Mar 11, 2007 http://tinyurl.com/27z4h8

Oil services giant Halliburton Co. will soon shift its corporate headquarters from Houston to the Mideast financial powerhouse of Dubai, chief executive Dave Lesar announced Sunday.
"Halliburton is opening its corporate headquarters in Dubai while maintaining a corporate office in Houston," spokeswoman Cathy Mann said in an e-mail to The Associated Press. "The chairman, president and CEO will office from and be based in Dubai to run the company from the UAE."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...

==========

US Senators question Halliburton Selling Nuclear Technology to Iran
http://tinyurl.com/ddgbyk
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/us-sens-que...

Halliburton Doing Business With the 'Axis of Evil'
February 3, 2005 / http://tinyurl.com/5e5o5
The award for oddest geopolitical couple of 2005 goes to the government of the Islamic Republic of Iran and the Houston-based Halliburton.
You might not think that a charter member of President Bush's "axis of evil" could enlist the oil-services firm once run by Vice President Cheney to bolster its bargaining position with an international community intent on curbing its nuclear ambitions.
But that is apparently what happened last month.
The story began on Jan. 9 when the Iran News ran a Reuters story reporting that Halliburton "has won a tender to drill a huge Iranian gas field."
The deal to develop two sections of Iran's South Pars gas field promises significant economic benefits.
"The project includes onshore and offshore sections and its initial phase is to become operational by the first quarter of 2007," said the Tehran-based news site. The total output of the phases will reportedly produce 50 million cubic meters per day of treated natural gas for domestic use and 80,000 barrels of gas liquids per day for export.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles...
Populist

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 20, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bill Clinton Was President In 1997 and gave the green light.

BUSH WAS GOVERNOR OF TEXAS IN 1997

CHENEY WAS CEO OF HALLIBURTON IN TEXAS 1997

TOM DELAY REPRESENTED SURGARLAND TEXAS

HAMID KARZAI & ZALMAY KHALILZAD
WERE EXECUTIVE DIRECTORS OF UNOCAL OIL IN TEXAS AND BUSH PICKED THEM FOR PRESIDENT OF AFGHANISTAN & AMBASSADOR OF IRAQ AND UNITED NATIONS.

Taleban in Texas for talks on gas pipeline
December 4, 1997 http://tinyurl.com/6f4u3
A senior delegation from the Taleban movement in Afghanistan is in the United States for talks with an international energy company that wants to construct a gas pipeline from Turkmenistan across Afghanistan to Pakistan.

A spokesman for the company, Unocal, said the Taleban were expected to spend several days at the company's headquarters in Sugarland, Texas.
Unocal says it has agreements both with Turkmenistan to sell its gas and with Pakistan to buy it. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/west_asia/37...

==========

1997 Press Releases
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: October 27, 1997
http://tinyurl.com/c9cdz
Halliburton Alliance Awarded Integrated Service Contract Offshore Caspian Sea In Turkmenistan
HOUSTON, Texas - Halliburton has received a Letter of Intent from Petronas Carigali (Turkmenistan) SDN. BHD. to provide integrated drilling services for an exploration and appraisal program in the Caspian Sea beginning in late 1997.
http://www.halliburton.com/news/archive/1997/...

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 20, 2009
 

Judged:

4

4

1

Only problem is the DoD hasn't certified anyone else for the Mission Critical services the perform.
Lance Winslow

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 20, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

1

The laughing liberal wrote:
Only problem is the DoD hasn't certified anyone else for the Mission Critical services the perform.
Electrocutions mission critical?

“Tell the Truth”

Since: Nov 07

Orlando, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 21, 2009
 
Whatcha wanna bet those posters here who gave negative Halliburton posts nuts and clueless icons have some HAL stock in their portfolio. And when they touch the money they've made from it, I wonder if their fingers run cold from the blood of the dead soldiers who helped them turn a profit?
Populist

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 21, 2009
 
Donna Atlanta GA wrote:
Whatcha wanna bet those posters here who gave negative Halliburton posts nuts and clueless icons have some HAL stock in their portfolio. And when they touch the money they've made from it, I wonder if their fingers run cold from the blood of the dead soldiers who helped them turn a profit?
Truth be told most of Republican supporters are not in the top 1% of the wealthiest and condone it anyway.

Leo Strauss has them all bamboozled and they think the millionaire talking air heads have their best interest at heart.

==========

The Great Tax Con Job
July 21, 2009 / http://tinyurl.com/lrgoyw
Republicans are using the T-word - taxes - to attack the Obama healthcare program. It's a strategy based in a lie.
A very small niche of America's uber-wealthy have pulled off what may well be the biggest con job in the history of our republic, and they did it in a startlingly brief 30 or so years. True, they spent over three billion dollars to make it happen, but the reward to them was in the hundreds of billions - and will continue to be.

As my friend and colleague Cenk Uygur of The Young Turks pointed out in a Daily Kos blog recently, billionaire Rupert Murdoch loses $50 million a year on the NY Post, billionaire Richard Mellon Scaife loses $2 to $3 million a year on the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, billionaire Philip Anschutz loses around $5 million a year on The Weekly Standard, and billionaire Sun Myung Moon has lost $2 to $3 billion on The Washington Times. http://www.commondreams.org/view/2009/07/21

“Tell the Truth”

Since: Nov 07

Orlando, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 21, 2009
 
Populist wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth be told most of Republican supporters are not in the top 1% of the wealthiest and condone it anyway.
Leo Strauss has them all bamboozled and they think the millionaire talking air heads have their best interest at heart.
==========
The Great Tax Con Job
July 21, 2009 / http://tinyurl.com/lrgoyw
Republicans are using the T-word - taxes - to attack the Obama healthcare program. It's a strategy based in a lie.
A very small niche of America's uber-wealthy have pulled off what may well be the biggest con job in the history of our republic, and they did it in a startlingly brief 30 or so years. True, they spent over three billion dollars to make it happen, but the reward to them was in the hundreds of billions - and will continue to be.
As my friend and colleague Cenk Uygur of The Young Turks pointed out in a Daily Kos blog recently, billionaire Rupert Murdoch loses $50 million a year on the NY Post, billionaire Richard Mellon Scaife loses $2 to $3 million a year on the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, billionaire Philip Anschutz loses around $5 million a year on The Weekly Standard, and billionaire Sun Myung Moon has lost $2 to $3 billion on The Washington Times. http://www.commondreams.org/view/2009/07/21
Do I CARE what party they are. Geesh, you and your alter-ego Laughing Liberal have a real hard-on for taking every single conversation and turning it into a partisan pissing match.

Get over it. It's the issues, dummy. Both parties are to blame for everything the rest of us are having to live with and live without. Politicians aren't worth the powder and lead to blow them to hell.
Populist

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 21, 2009
 
Donna Atlanta GA wrote:
<quoted text>
Do I CARE what party they are. Geesh, you and your alter-ego Laughing Liberal have a real hard-on for taking every single conversation and turning it into a partisan pissing match.
Get over it. It's the issues, dummy. Both parties are to blame for everything the rest of us are having to live with and live without. Politicians aren't worth the powder and lead to blow them to hell.
Hopefully someday most Americans will realize both parties are gangsters and racketeers who only represent Wall Street!

==========

Industry Cash Flowed To Drafters of Reform
Key Senator Baucus Is a Leading Recipient
July 21, 2009 / http://tinyurl.com/llpfsb
As liberal protesters marched outside, Sen. Max Baucus sat down inside a San Francisco mansion for a dinner of chicken cordon bleu and a discussion of landmark health-care legislation under consideration by his Senate Finance Committee.
At the table on May 26 were about 20 donors willing to fork over $10,000 or more to the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, including executives of major insurance companies, hospitals and other health-care firms.
"Most people there had an agenda; they wanted the ear of a senator, and they got it," said Aaron Roland, a San Francisco health-care activist who paid half price to attend the gathering. "Money gets you in the door. The only thing the other side can do is march around and protest outside."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...

==========

Americans need a viable third and forth party who will represent “We The People” instead of the wealthy few who own Congress!

Progressive Democrats / http://pdamerica.org/

Green Party / http://gp.org/index.php

Ralph Nader / http://www.votenader.org/

Ron Paul / http://www.campaignforliberty.com/

Libertarian Party / http://www.lp.org/

“If The Shoe Fits”

Since: Feb 08

Medina, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 21, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Now that Cheney is out of office there is no one to issue those phoney contracts to Haliburton. They should get into the medical field. Obama will have plenty of contracts for them. And the corruption lives on.

Since: Mar 09

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 21, 2009
 
Shoe wrote:
Now that Cheney is out of office there is no one to issue those phoney contracts to Haliburton. They should get into the medical field. Obama will have plenty of contracts for them. And the corruption lives on.
When they become no-bid contracts I'll worry.
Fight Fascism

Cary, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 21, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Shoe wrote:
Now that Cheney is out of office there is no one to issue those phoney contracts to Haliburton. They should get into the medical field. Obama will have plenty of contracts for them. And the corruption lives on.
Only problem, is that Chenney was directly tied to Haliburton and thus the greed from war profits. Obama is not directly tied to the health care industry or a particular organization within the health care industry.

I mention this because I think Chenney is a criminal who thumbs his nose at American Justice
Populist

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jul 21, 2009
 
Fight Fascism wrote:
<quoted text>
Only problem, is that Chenney was directly tied to Haliburton and thus the greed from war profits. Obama is not directly tied to the health care industry or a particular organization within the health care industry.
I mention this because I think Chenney is a criminal who thumbs his nose at American Justice
Iraq/Military-Industrial Complex/The Ruling Class
http://tinyurl.com/232vrc
&mo de=related&search=
Former Ulysess Resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 21, 2009
 
Halliburton won't be the last company to leave the USA if the leftists keep trying to tax them to pay for unproductive people's "entitlements".
Former Ulysess Resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jul 21, 2009
 
Fight Fascism wrote:
<quoted text>
Only problem, is that Chenney was directly tied to Haliburton and thus the greed from war profits. Obama is not directly tied to the health care industry or a particular organization within the health care industry.
I mention this because I think Chenney is a criminal who thumbs his nose at American Justice
At least you speculate so. People who have an internal hatred bred by Ideological differences usually jump to these conclusions.
Chelle7822

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jul 21, 2009
 
Virginia Smthe wrote:
Maybe they'll find someone else to start a war for them.
Right...where is Cheney and his no bid contract authority when you need him?
Chelle7822

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jul 21, 2009
 
Former Ulysess Resident wrote:
<quoted text>At least you speculate so. People who have an internal hatred bred by Ideological differences usually jump to these conclusions.
Internal hatred and ideological differences of the United States Constitution?

Typical inbred repugnant, sheesh!

“If The Shoe Fits”

Since: Feb 08

Medina, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jul 22, 2009
 
Hannibal Barca wrote:
<quoted text>
When they become no-bid contracts I'll worry.
When did Haliburton ever bid on a contract?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••