Halliburton, Transocean also lined Senate coffers

May 12, 2010 Full story: www.reuters.com

Executives from Transocean Ltd and Halliburton Co joined BP Plc officials on Tuesday for a day of grilling before two U.S. Senate panels to explain how the Deepwater Horizon rig exploded and sank in the Gulf of Mexico, setting off a giant oil leak.

Like BP, both Transocean, which owned the rig, and Halliburton, a contractor, also pumped money into the campaign war chests of senators who sit on the Energy and Natural Resources Committee and the Environment and Public Works Committee.

Full Story
Bill

Jefferson, MA

#1 May 12, 2010
Hell, Obama just gave a no bid contract to Haliburton. If this was Bush the media would go nuts.

Out with Obama. No wonder no one reads or listens to the MSMedia anymore.

You can't trust them to do a neutral job.

And you must be VERY careful in doing 'searches' on your search engines. The top spots are 'bought, paid for' by groups, companies. YOU are responsible for finding BALANCED reporting.
guess i lost again

Springfield, IL

#2 May 12, 2010
media censorship ( just another benifactor of the chain-war effect)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Halliburton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Halliburton Defends Its Cement Work, Blaming BP... (Sep '10) Aug '14 swedenforever 12
Halliburton Admits Skipping Key Cement Test (Oct '10) Aug '14 swedenforever 15
Halliburton pleads guilty to destroying Gulf sp... (Jul '13) Jul '14 swedenforever 22
Cheney's Halliburton Made $39.5 Billion on Iraq... (Mar '13) Jun '14 swedenforever 39
Russian $8.2 Trillion Oil Trove Locked Without ... Jun '14 TechGeeko 4
Weekly 52-Week Highs Highlight: MAR, JNJ, HAL, BHI Apr '14 stevebry56 4
Supreme Court seeks compromise in securities fr... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Halito 1
•••

Halliburton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••