Bush: No "jubilation" at bin Laden's ...

Bush: No "jubilation" at bin Laden's death

There are 8 comments on the CBS News story from Jul 27, 2011, titled Bush: No "jubilation" at bin Laden's death. In it, CBS News reports that:

Former President George W. Bush, who has mostly avoided the spotlight since leaving office, signs copies of his memoir "Decision Points" in Dallas last year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

sgtrock101

AOL

#1 Jul 27, 2011
Screw that! I'm damn happy that OBL received his just punishment. All me of good will feel the same way. I'll pray for his soul but, celebrate his death.
Will Knot

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Jul 27, 2011
sgtrock101 wrote:
Screw that! I'm damn happy that OBL received his just punishment. All me of good will feel the same way. I'll pray for his soul but, celebrate his death.
What makes you think Osama bin Laden is dead at all when the United States and Russia have military bases, in a forward position in Kyrgystan, that can strike the People's Republic of China? All of these military assets the US has in the Persian Gulf can cut off a lot of China's oil supply. Russia can use it's nuclear program with Iran as leverage to also cut off a large chunk of China's oil supply. NATO is also deployed much closer to China than it was on 9/11/01. This is all thanks to Osama bin Laden.
China was one of the first nations to help the Mujahedin fight the Soviets in the 1980s. The Berlin Wall came down and the world changed for some people.
China has twice threatened the United States with thermonuclear attacks over Taiwanese independence.

“Make America Great Again”

Since: Jun 07

Bring Obama Back!

#3 Jul 27, 2011
What a selfish bastardÖ so because his failed policies and ineptitude allowed 9-11 to happen in their first place, and then couldnít find and bring Bin Laden to justice, he sulks and canít feel the joy that every patriotic Americans felt that Sunday night that President Obama announced to the world that on his orders Seal Team 6 killed Bin Laden.

Since: Sep 08

Viva Madeira

#4 Jul 27, 2011
The sentiment expressed by GWB seems in keeping with the tragedy of 9/11. He probably carries a heavy burden knowing such hurt and destruction occurred during his tenure as president. To feel happiness at the death of bin Laden canít erase what he witnessed. Relief, closure, knowing justice was finally served are emotions more in keeping with the end of this somber period in our history.
911 was an inside job

Austin, TX

#5 Jul 27, 2011
Marichu wrote:
The sentiment expressed by GWB seems in keeping with the tragedy of 9/11. He probably carries a heavy burden knowing such hurt and destruction occurred during his tenure as president. To feel happiness at the death of bin Laden canít erase what he witnessed. Relief, closure, knowing justice was finally served are emotions more in keeping with the end of this somber period in our history.
I think Bush realizes that there is a large and rapidly growing number of people who are aware that his administration LIED about the 9/11 attack, and that at minimum he and his fellow partners-in-crime covered for the perpetrators and are therefore guilty of high treason. The sight of Bush celebrating some fictional victory would surely trigger a concerted push by the awakened minority to expand their ranks and prosecute W and his gang.

Viva Madeira

#6 Jul 27, 2011
911 was an inside job wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Bush realizes that there is a large and rapidly growing number of people who are aware that his administration LIED about the 9/11 attack, and that at minimum he and his fellow partners-in-crime covered for the perpetrators and are therefore guilty of high treason. The sight of Bush celebrating some fictional victory would surely trigger a concerted push by the awakened minority to expand their ranks and prosecute W and his gang.
I really canít speak to and have no knowledge as to any conspiracy/cover-up regarding 9/11. It falls in the realm of supposition and speculation, no concrete evidence to support otherwise. Were there mistakes made? Yes, in hindsight even with the limited amount of intelligence gathered months prior to the attack, I think the US could have prevented 9/11.

Where I do feel GWB and his administration deceived us with false information and misleading conclusions, was with Iraq and its so call WMDs.
911 was an inside job

Pflugerville, TX

#7 Jul 27, 2011
Marichu wrote:
<quoted text>
I really canít speak to and have no knowledge as to any conspiracy/cover-up regarding 9/11. It falls in the realm of supposition and speculation, no concrete evidence to support otherwise. Were there mistakes made? Yes, in hindsight even with the limited amount of intelligence gathered months prior to the attack, I think the US could have prevented 9/11.
Where I do feel GWB and his administration deceived us with false information and misleading conclusions, was with Iraq and its so call WMDs.
Just because you have no knowledge of evidence that 9/11 was a false-flag operation doesn't mean that it doesn't exist in spades. Here is a ten-second video that is extremely compelling evidence, for anyone who understands the implications of what it reveals.

And there is a great deal of hard physical evidence that confirms what is obvious in this and many other videos.

Viva Madeira

#8 Jul 28, 2011
911 was an inside job wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you have no knowledge of evidence that 9/11 was a false-flag operation doesn't mean that it doesn't exist in spades. Here is a ten-second video that is extremely compelling evidence, for anyone who understands the implications of what it reveals.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =LD06SAf0p9AXX
And there is a great deal of hard physical evidence that confirms what is obvious in this and many other videos.
Youíre right, just because I havenít read, heard, or seen irrefutable evidence indicating otherwise, I shouldnít completely count out other possible alternative explanations as to the who, what, when, where, and why of 9/11. But until such time, Iíll have to believe what has been reported.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Getty Images Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News John Heard, Chester Bennington, Martin Landau a... Aug '17 Anonymous 3
News After Virginia, Northern California braces for ... Aug '17 Solarman 1
News 60-Year-Old Concealed Carry Customer Foils Axe-... (Mar '16) Mar '16 payme 7
News New Republican-led panel will focus on energy a... (Dec '14) Jan '15 tha Professor 38
News Why Marijuana Banking Laws Are Such a Joke (Dec '14) Dec '14 Kid_Tomorrow 1
News Grand Jury Decision Sparks Fresh Unrest in Ferg... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Yo I said Yo 4
News Watchdog refuses subpoena for whistleblower inf... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Eleanor 5
More from around the web