earning potential
john

Coaldale, PA

#1 Aug 3, 2006
What's the typical yearly earnings of a guitar salesperson?
JayZ

AOL

#2 Nov 1, 2006
salespeople are on sliding commission.
so they have to pay their hourly back before they get a check. so the typical guy makes 7 bucks an hour. then they sell 40k in stuff a month. If they're lucky they'll make $150 on top of their hourly. Sounds like a great place to work. No wonder people always complain about bad service. Anyone that knows what they're doing, was smart and got out or moved to a salary position. The best part is they could make more money. But guitar center takes 10% of the profit before the salesperson see's a penny. In essence GC takes most of the money from the salesperson. then the customer grinds the rest down to nothing.
SHAREHOLDER

United States

#3 Nov 18, 2006
I have purchased a quartermillion worth of shares and congratualate the company for it's business adventure and applaud FireHouse for sponsoring the strings. Keep up the good work!

Your Shareholder and protector of freedom!

SGT Wood
SHAREHOLDER

United States

#4 Nov 18, 2006
PS,
If you were a good salesperson you wouldn't have to worry about the money. So get your ass on that floor as sell some guitars!!!!!!!!
Aaron

United States

#6 Sep 8, 2007
It's hard to sell guitars that have knobs missing and big scratches on them because corporate lets any customer just manhandle whatever guitar or amp they want. Guitar Center is a disgrace to the musical community. What ever happened to customer service? What happened to the good ole days of buying a guitar or amp? Your salesman had time to teach you about the guitar or amp and fix it if you had problems. The state of the music store world is in a sad state if companies like guitar center continue to flourish. The public is getting ripped off. The only one benefitting from Guitar Center is Guitar Center and its shareholders. God bless the employees of GC. They do work their tails off, but get a new job if you can. I'm sure you could do better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guitar Center Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Being a Guitar Center Employee (Aug '07) Jun '16 125Music 145
Zakk Wylde Master Class May '16 Charlie 1
Gibson custom shop 2005 Les Paul Super 400 May '16 Blane 1
2016 drum off Jan '16 Drummerd 1
stay away!!! (Nov '15) Nov '15 GC SUCKS 1
Guitar Playing for Dummies: I need advice!!! (Oct '15) Oct '15 blvckblossom 1
Refunds (Nov '14) Nov '14 R0rschach 1
More from around the web