JBJ

Dallas, TX

#1 Feb 19, 2009
Guitar Center has always been poor at customer service. Since they were bought out last year their service totally sucks. The employees (especially the Lewisville, TX store) could care less about selling you anything. Asking a question or getting help is a total disaster. I have been a professional musician and engineer for over 30 years working with major acts. I have my intelligence insulted each time I visit GC and swear I'll never go back. I've spent over a hundred grand at GC over the years and they could care less. I was about to purchase a 2500 acoustic the other night 30 minutes before closing. The salesman grabbed a vacuum cleaner and proceeded to clean the area while I was trying to hear the guitar.10 minutes later he asked me to hurry and finish up because they were closing. I sent an email to the corporate office about this and received a rely a manager would contact. No word yet. Went to Murphy's Music in Irving the next day. They were more than happy to sell me a guitar. Spend your money there. They appreciate it.
Old Pro

Portland, OR

#2 Feb 20, 2009
Thought I'd share a different viewpoint with everyone.
Things I saw while at Guitar Center. People were, rude, inconsiderate, arrogant and greedy. Funny thing was, a lot of times they were customers! Lets face it gang if you tar everybody with the same brush you are doing yourself and everybody else a disservice. Avoid the rotten apples and look for the diamonds in the rough.
Don't forget no one makes you shop anywhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guitar Center Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Being a Guitar Center Employee (Aug '07) Jan '15 In my opinion 142
Refunds Nov '14 R0rschach 1
guitar wall hangers (Jul '14) Jul '14 kevin hansen 1
Bass Refurb (Oct '13) Oct '13 Massquatch 1
Steinberger Bass (Jul '13) Sep '13 jed 3
Holiday Steel Guitar (Mar '10) Aug '13 John 4
What guitar center really is!!!!! (Dec '08) Mar '13 JonathanAppleseed 25
More from around the web