Glimcher confirms it's buying stake i...

Glimcher confirms it's buying stake in Hawaiian mall | The Columbus...

There are 6 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Aug 31, 2010, titled Glimcher confirms it's buying stake in Hawaiian mall | The Columbus.... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Glimcher Realty Trust late this afternoon confirmed that it and an affiliate of the Blackstone Group are buying the Pearlridge Center mall in Honolulu for $245 million.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

who cares

Dublin, OH

#1 Aug 31, 2010
What a great story for central ohioans!
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

#2 Aug 31, 2010
who cares wrote:
What a great story for central ohioans!
I'm sure it will be every bit as successful as all of their other malls like Eastland, Indian Mound, Eastland mall Charlotte, etc.
Hmm

Delaware, OH

#3 Aug 31, 2010
I get it. Glimcher does everything on the cheap, its employees work with crappy equipment and sometimes a crappy environment so they can buy a stake in another mall.
PEARL

Columbus, OH

#4 Aug 31, 2010
My thoughts exactly! Why don't they invest some of that money in the ghost town mall they own in Heath?
Air conditioning doesn't work, ceilings leak.....oh I get it they already made their money on us, and they'll invest it elsewhere.
pookie

Galloway, OH

#5 Sep 1, 2010
That way the big shots can go to Hawaii and call it a business expense and write it off their taxes,(good for them)!
Hmm

Delaware, OH

#6 Sep 2, 2010
My thoughts exactly PEARL and pookie.

Eastland Mall is ghetto and nearly a ghost town.

Polaris may look nice also but take a closer look. Roof leaks, the new "Lifestyle Center" had ceiling rotting under the staircase by the restrooms, lighting burned out all over the place, teenagers run amok and they wont increase security in the mall nor change policies to deal with it.

Shame on Glimcher.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glimcher Realty Trust Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News News briefs (Mar '12) Mar '12 Anonymous 1
News Glimcher forecast falls short of expectations |... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Investor 2
News Glimcher loss narrows during third quarter | Th... (Oct '09) Sep '10 Yep 2
News Conditions finally looking up for mall owners |... (Apr '10) Sep '10 George G 7
News New Albany firm's Wi-Fi helps retailers reach n... (Jun '09) Jun '09 david 1
More from around the web