Rebel Rebel

Kettering, UK

#1 Jul 26, 2012
I purchased a coupon,in April,for Ivissa Beaute in Leicester and I made the appointment for today,as soon as I received the coupon.A couple of weeks ago I tried numerous times to get in touch with the company,to confirm my appointment,as I had made it so long ago.I emailed and on the one time I could,I left a message asking them to confirm my appointment,especially as it was an 1.5 hr round trip.I never heard from them so contacted Groupon to say I was concerned about this and that the phone usually went straight to voicemail,which was always full.Groupon promised to investigate and would get back to me.They never did.I was concerned that they had ceased trading as this has happened to me with 4-5 offers.
Anyway,today came and I set off,fully expecting them to be closed.I wish!!! There was no greeting from the manager,who unlocked the door to let me and a member of staff in.Neither one said good morning to me.The staff drifted in and completely ignored each other.Great atmosphere!
The girl that did my hair had only been there a week and I doubt if she was qualified as she did not have a clue.I was to have my hair cut and highlighted.I had also made an appointment for threading.I had saved this voucher for an important weekend.
I went in with blonde hair in a long bob and came out with hair a sort of dark sludge brown and about an inch below my ears.
I first asked to see the manager when the lowlights were being done as wasn't happy with the way they were being done.I asked discreetly if I could have a word with him but he obviously wanted the other 2 customers to hear. He dismissed my complaint as if I did not know what I was talking about and I felt quite intimidated.
I explained how I wanted my hair cut,shorter and shaped at the back,gratuated at the sides. As she kept cutting one side,she then found that the other side did not match in length so then cut more off the other side to even it up and my hair kept getting shorter and shorter uuntil i told her to stop.
Another hair dresser then came over and told her that she was now running over an hour late.As it took her 1.40 mins to put a few foils in,I was not surprised.My hairdresser then passed me over to this other person to blow dry it.I asked if she could try to do something with my fringe as it was such an uneven mess.She started to blowdry it then stopped and asked me what I wanted done with the fringe.My blowdry was so appalling that I said never mind the fringe,what about the rest of my hair,it looked a mess.I asked her how you can blow dry hair that is already dry? and she just asked me what I wanted her to do about it.
I had seen the manager hovering out of the corner of my eye and he came over and shouted that I had been complaining since I came in at 9 and to leave!! Surely I had a right to complain?My hair,my money. and now my mess as they did not finish my hair,I have no idea what the cut looks like at the back.When another customer came in,I had to give up my protective cape as they didn't have enough for 3 customers!They had one rubber shoulder protector and she was trying to cut my hair at the back with the towel that had been used when I was having my hair washed.I did not get my other treatments done.
I am not some stroppy teenager,I am nearly 60 and this was a treat for me as I am disabled and unable to work.I phoned Groupon as soon as I got home and they have offered a £10 credit but I really have no faith in Groupon after all the other let down's as well.I think a lot of companies that are going bust,sign up to Groupon in the hope of staying afloat.
This has been a bitter experience and I cried all the way home.How would the manager and staff at Ivissa Beaute feel if their mum was treated like this?
Jane Ashbury

Leicester, UK

#2 Oct 5, 2012
If you have had a problem with Ivissa Beaute then tell Trading Standards at Leicester City Council. It will help others to avoid experiencing this problem with this salon
Jane Ashbury

Leicester, UK

#3 Oct 5, 2012
[tell Trading Standards at Leicester City Council about this problem with Ivissa Beaute
Milly

Leicester, UK

#4 Oct 27, 2012
I originally had a wowcher for Ivissa Hair & Beauty back in May/ June 2012. I made an appointment for Saturday June 9th at 4.30pm. The salon rang me on the day to say thay that beautician was ill. I rearranged the appointment for Sunday 24th June at 10.30- fair enough- people get ill and they did let me know. The deluxe facial was ok for the price although the beautician was not particularly friendly or welcoming and I felt almost pushed out of the door after the appointment. It felt a bit like they had opened on Sunday very begrudgingly.

In spite of this when I saw Ivissa advertised again- this time 3 facials- I thought I'd give them another chance and decided to buy the voucher.

I made appointments for Thursday 6th Sept and Thursday 27th Sept at 5.30pm nd Sat 13th Oct at 9am.

I had a phone call, whilst still at work, on Thursday 6th Sept at 4.40pm saying my appointment started at 4.30pm. I insisted that it wasn't as I would not have made an appointment during my working hours. However thay had now double booked and so I was forced to rearrange the appointment for the next day. No apology was given. I asked them to double check the times and dates of the other 2 appointments.

The second appointment on Thurs 27th Sept was ok- no problems.

The 3rd appointment has been a shambles. I turned up at a few minutes to 9 on Sat 13th Oct, only to be told that the beautician was ill again. No one had rung to tell me this.

I rearranged the appointment for today- Sat 27th Oct at 9am.

I again turned up at a few minutes to 9am. Another customer had walked in just in front of me. She was told by the receptionist that the beautician's car was blocked in and she couldn't get to work. The customer also had a voucher- but for a massage- and had an appointment for 9am like me. As there is only ONE beautician, how was she expecting to do both of us at the same time anyway? No apology was given. The receptionist said it wasn't her fault and agreed with us that we should complain if we felt like it. I feel that it is partly the receptionists fault as she was MAKING the bookings!

When I left the premises, I carried on speaking with the other customer. It transpired that she had also had an appointment on Sat 13th Oct at 9am for her massage. She had had a phone call though to postpone her appointment, whereas I had NOT. Again, double booking and double standards!

This company treats their customers with no respect or consideration at all.

I am asking for a refund for the Wowcher as I am very unhappy with the way thet I have been treated by this company.
Hate ivissa

UK

#5 Nov 18, 2012
I have had the same problems as you all. I am sick of reading about them. Have complained to the Trading Standards, Police, Environmental Health, tax man.......but nothing has happened and people continue to be conned. I blame these organisations for doing Nothing about this con company!
Milly

Leicester, UK

#6 Nov 18, 2012
Hello again! An update:
I complained to Wowcher- who I basically had to harass to get back to me- and they contacted Ivissa to ask if my comments were true. Of course, Ivissa said my comments were 'untrue' and that they therefore wouldn't give me a refund- a very short, curt reply. There was no attempt to address any of my comments. I do not believe that they even remember or care who I am. They showed me little consideration on the last two broken appointments.
At the end of the day, it's not even about the money. It's basic common courtesy and civility- these are in very short supply at Ivissa.
Some customers have had good/ok experiences at this salon, but the reviews I have read that are absolutely damning far outnumber the positive ones.
I don't have anything good to say about them. The manager of the salon was not interested in my complaint and virtually said I was lying. Wowcher is not much better. I expected them to investigate my complaint. They did no such thing. As far as I can see, once Ivissa (and Wowcher) have a customer's money they are not really interested in pursuing the truth of a genuine complaint.
I don’t think either Ivissa or Wowcher have any idea about how to build up a good customer base on a solid foundation of a good reputation and excellent customer service. Certainly Ivissa only seem interested in the short term buzz of a ‘quick buck’.
I’ve now unsubscribed from all these discount websites. They are really not worth the hassle.
As the saying goes ‘If it looks too good to be true, it IS too good to be true’.
Yvonne

Leicester, UK

#7 May 15, 2013
I have just tried to phone to make an appointment as I had my voucher given for my sixtieth birthday just to find out the number to phone is no longer available .
Claire

UK

#8 Jun 15, 2013
Yvonne wrote:
I have just tried to phone to make an appointment as I had my voucher given for my sixtieth birthday just to find out the number to phone is no longer available .
U should go there, i went and they are still running. Said phone line is being looked at and i should have emailed! i told them i have and had no reply! They honoured my voucher but i wouldnt take the risk and extend it again as i did last time. I do not trust them as they also cancelled my previous appointments.
Michelle

UK

#9 Sep 12, 2013
This place is a complete con and ripped me off when I bought back my Wowcher for 3 further appointments for: full head colour, cut and blow-dry. No reply to any calls or emails and now they have ceased trading...what a surprise! Wowcher not interested...what a surprise!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Groupon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Millenium gel nails (May '12) Wed Lady Justice UK 131
Groupon: Can Harvest Private Data! Nov 25 markyelka 1
Vegas Deals Card Nov '14 Vegastravelor 1
Canvas Deal by You Frame " Should be stopped now " (Aug '11) Oct '14 HappyCustomer 120
Groupon photography misinterpretation Oct '14 lalilalu 1
Booking Restaurant Reservations Through Groupon... Oct '14 Eagle355 1
Complete Home Security System $299 (Feb '12) Aug '14 Anonymous 6
More from around the web