Free Groupon Deal Review Service...

Free Groupon Deal Review Service...

Posted in the Groupon Forum

Rich99ard

Okotoks, Canada

#1 Feb 26, 2013
Hi All,

I've created a review service (free) for all to share experiences with groupon deals.

I've had good and bad experiences with groupon deals and decided that a review service is needed to help share information on these companies (good and bad)

I've just opened the doors to the site and would love feedback. Please stop by and let me know what you think. I'm open to all critiques, good and bad. I especially would like to know how to make it better. http://www.rateyourgroupon.com

thanks!

Rich
Rich

Medicine Hat, Canada

#3 Mar 7, 2013
*UPDATE

Several Countries outside of North America have been added to http://www.rateyourgroupon.com

thanks to all who have stopped by and all suggestions :)
Rich99ard wrote:
Hi All,
I've created a review service (free) for all to share experiences with groupon deals.
I've had good and bad experiences with groupon deals and decided that a review service is needed to help share information on these companies (good and bad)
I've just opened the doors to the site and would love feedback. Please stop by and let me know what you think. I'm open to all critiques, good and bad. I especially would like to know how to make it better. http://www.rateyourgroupon.com
thanks!
Rich
bashi

Thornhill, Canada

#4 Apr 6, 2013
I have a question: Do I pay tax at an establishment on the value I paid for the voucher or the original price of the goods/services I receive?

For example, if I purchase a deal for $20 that gives me $50 worth of food at a restaurant, am I to pay tax on the $20 or $50?

I would believe it is the amount I actually paid for the voucher ($20), but I have seen some restaurants charge tax on the original price. This to me just seems like a sneaky way for them to make back some of their money, which is quite unfair.
Rich

Canada

#5 Apr 6, 2013
You should only pay tax on the amount you pay. And yes, it's a sneaky way. Not all businesses do this, which is why we need to inform others through reviews. If you're up for it, review your experiences on this site I created, it's absolutely free and easy to do http://www.rateyourgroupon.com
bashi wrote:
I have a question: Do I pay tax at an establishment on the value I paid for the voucher or the original price of the goods/services I receive?
For example, if I purchase a deal for $20 that gives me $50 worth of food at a restaurant, am I to pay tax on the $20 or $50?
I would believe it is the amount I actually paid for the voucher ($20), but I have seen some restaurants charge tax on the original price. This to me just seems like a sneaky way for them to make back some of their money, which is quite unfair.
Karen

Middlesbrough, UK

#6 Aug 14, 2013
Groupon would not reinstate a credit for 19.00 which I didn't realise expired.in fact didn't realise there was an expiry date, it was money I had paid!! I emailed asking them to honour it but they replied politely saying they can't can they help with anything else!! Patronising and bad customer service .they have stolen my money because I haven't used it!!
Please be aware!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Groupon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bistro 1778 failed to honor the Groupon; Groupo... May 5 MikeGThePilot 1
Our Groupon Experience as a Merchant - NEVER AG... (Feb '13) Apr '17 Groupon Merchant 3
Bought deals have disappeared from My Groupon A... (Feb '11) Feb '17 debihymel 27
Goods not received (Nov '16) Nov '16 Ireneg46 1
Does Groupon use PayPal yet? (Oct '10) Oct '16 jen 27
Rattan Furniture (Jul '12) Aug '16 Steve 50
Dennys deal (Jul '16) Jul '16 Laura buffham 1
More from around the web