Next Last
Van an

Wigan, UK

#388 Mar 28, 2012
Can't get a signal to the radio any ideas
Frank Dowie

Preston, UK

#389 Mar 31, 2012
I ordered on 12 December and only just received it this week! won't work in my car but that is a prob with the radio, i think. tried to call Bluetoothworld and got automated voice saying they couldn't take my call and then it cut. tried numerous times then gave up. Groupon were as much help as a chocolate fireguard!
gillsvue

Slough, UK

#390 Apr 12, 2012
originally ordered on 4th November. Told server platform problems on 13th/14th/15th November, due to number of orders. Numerous tries and eventually able to send emails on 6 occasions with all my receipts attached asking why I had not received my Ice Device. In the meantime they were advertising the deal again!! Received personal reply on 5th January saying Finance Dept have agreed my order and being sent on same day! I did begin to think it was all a scam. But keep in there and persist with backup emails to them.
Pamela

Leighton Buzzard, UK

#391 Apr 20, 2012
Alex wrote:
<quoted text>
How did you get it to work?
Just plug in, set fm station to same blank fm station in ur car, connect the Bluetooth through ur phone! As simple as that!
A Walker

Truro, UK

#392 Apr 26, 2012
Ollie S wrote:
Has anyone recieved an Ice device or even ever seen one outside the website images? I ordered on the 11th October, I have recieved nothing, I have complained to groupon as Bluetoothworld/The Box Network would not reply to emails. Groupon are investigating the matter.
Over 18 thousand were sold on Groupon alone last Saturday, It was advertised on every coupon/voucher site available for 3 days, that is a lot of cash, yet it appears no one has ever recieved one of Octobers 6000 sold.
'The Box Network' only 'sell' on voucher sites and the reviews for its other products, SplashGear, NanoLite etc are worrying.
I fear a scam.......
I ordered my one before Christmas, the first one arrived but the button you need to press to answer a call doesnt always work so I sent it back for a replacement. This arrived with exactly the same fault. After I sent this back and several emails and calls later I managed to get another one today. Unfortunately this was exactly the same. The music transfer by bluetooth works fine but the phone doesnt. This product is a pile of dogs poo. I phoned them to ensure that they checked this one before sending it to me but they obviously ddnt. I suppose another battle on my hands tomorrow when I call them. Am I the only person to have receiveed one. If anyone else has one does it work okay?
A Walker

Truro, UK

#393 Apr 26, 2012
I ordered my one before Christmas, the first one arrived but the button you need to press to answer a call doesnt always work so I sent it back for a replacement. This arrived with exactly the same fault. After I sent this back and several emails and calls later I managed to get another one today. Unfortunately this was exactly the same. The music transfer by bluetooth works fine but the phone doesnt. This product is a pile of dogs poo. I phoned them to ensure that they checked this one before sending it to me but they obviously ddnt. I suppose another battle on my hands tomorrow when I call them. Am I the only person to have receiveed one. If anyone else has one does it work okay?
David

Penicuik, UK

#394 Apr 30, 2012
I'd waited about 12 weeks until this finally arrived and I have a mixed review. Firstly when I tested it with my 3GS I couldn't get it to connect but I thought "well at least I can use it as a charger" no such luck as I got "unable to charge this device" message on IPhone. Totally useless then and shoved it in the back of the glovebox and forgot about it.

I was on the way from home work today and thought "I'll plug it in for the crack" 5 miles down the road something amazing happened - I could hear my mums voice coming through in glorious stereo "what the **** is going on " I thought. I realised the Ice device had some how connected my mum through to my radio (I may have been fiddling with my phone at the time) "you're very faint" she said in a deep booming voice (I had my bass set to +8 with the volume up) I don't think the mic is great on it. I asked her a few tester questions at different levels she heard my commanding "what you doing at the weekend" bit missed my more reserved "what's the weather like" spoken as if you were talking to someone in the passenger seat. After clearing up the confusion of who rang who (I heard no ring tones or dislling out tones) I tested the charger which now worked! The iPod worked too over the airwaves (although sound quality is not great) I've not tested sd card it any of the ridiculously small buttons on the device.

If people are having problems I'd say don't give up hope. I wonder if the device is sensitive to the amounting of current your battery is producing as mine seemed to come to life when I was tearing the country lanes.

All in all the Ice device seems to have a mind of its own. I'd it worth 20? Just, when it decides to work!
Annoyed punter

Washington, UK

#395 May 8, 2012
I had the same as you. Ordered in Jan, not delivered by March. Contacted them, told it was lost in the post and that as a gesture of good will I was told a replacement would be sent immediately. That was back in early March, and surprise surprise nothing has arrived. Contacted them again this weekend and they've just come back saying the product will be sent out immediately. Not holding my breath. Next stop trading standards!
fbrj wrote:
I have only just come across this site today. This has been my experience: ordered via Groupon on 20th Dec. Found I had mistakenly ordered twice ("frozen" web page but might have been a pc problem my end). I immediately contacted Groupon to get a refund and had a response by email that day. My credit card statement later showed 2 x 22 charged and 1 credit for 22 all on the same day (20th Dec). So far so good..........
I subsequently processed the voucher (paying 5.95 for postage) on 28th Dec and understood delivery would be 2 - 4 weeks later (ie end January at the latest).
In fact I had completely forgotten all about it until very recently when I saw Groupon were advertising the same product again. Yesterday I phoned The Box Network (08453038623) and queried why I had not received anything. I was told that it must have "got lost in the post" (sound familiar???). I said I found this somewhat surprising as their confirmation (of payment of order/postage) had stated that I would be e-mailed when the product was dispatched and I had received no such email!
I was then told that as a "goodwill gesture" they would send out another one by Special Delivery that day and asked for my contact phone number. About an hour later I was called back to be given the Post Office tracking number. Rather to my surprise it was delivered this morning!
Having read some of the product comments on this site I'm not holding my breath when I try mine out....!!
Compared to many ppl here, I seemed to have luckily escaped many of the problems others have experienced.
paul

Birmingham, UK

#396 Jun 8, 2012
my ice device arrived and it is the best piece of technology i have ever purchased thank you bluetooth world
Gav

London, UK

#398 Jul 2, 2012
I ordered my device around Christmas and it arrived in about 3 weeks. It worked intermittently and then packed in completely.

I was going to send it back but after reading this forum I thought it would be a waste of time. After a week or so it sprang back into life and worked perfectly for a couple of months.

It has now packed in again, the screen lights up but no display, and shows no signs of rectifying itself this time round. Thought it was a decent device when it was working but not very reliable.
Tannisha

UK

#399 Jul 19, 2012
My ice device has stopped working! It was five earlier and now it doesn't even turn on!

A fuse looking thing came in the box and I'm thinking it may be that I need to change the one in the device .... Only problem is I can't get the old fuse out of the silver metal thing :(.

Has anyone else had this problem???

Xx
khan_f1

Liversedge, UK

#400 Apr 30, 2016
I have received the device it was working perfectly fine and now every time i try connecting it to my radio and phone theres no sound or anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Groupon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does Groupon use PayPal yet? (Oct '10) Jun '17 Roxyroe 28
Bistro 1778 failed to honor the Groupon; Groupo... May '17 MikeGThePilot 1
Our Groupon Experience as a Merchant - NEVER AG... (Feb '13) Apr '17 Groupon Merchant 3
Bought deals have disappeared from My Groupon A... (Feb '11) Feb '17 debihymel 27
Goods not received (Nov '16) Nov '16 Ireneg46 1
Rattan Furniture (Jul '12) Aug '16 Steve 50
Dennys deal (Jul '16) Jul '16 Laura buffham 1
More from around the web