Obama to announce industry-community college plan

Oct 4, 2010 | Posted by: Mr_Bill | Full story: www.marketwatch.com

President Barack Obama will announce on Monday an initiative aimed at improving partnerships between community colleges and industry around the country with a bid to spur job opportunities for graduates, according to a White House official.

Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Oct 4, 2010

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

Judged:

"A new White House task force will be established to coordinate efforts between the private and public sectors to best leverage for the effort, the official said."

and how much will THAT bit of idiocy cost us?

obama is doing everything EXCEPT things that WILL actually help the private sector grow...
the ONLY jobs he can create are government jobs....and we have WAY too many of those as it is.
We the people

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

They already have that, it's called co-oop. They have job placement already but it's a little hard when this administration is so anti-business and hate capitalism/freemarket as they do. I wish these trickle up economics the democrats believe in would wake up and admit it doesn't work!
Someone on here said they never got a job from a company that got a tax break. They may not of but many other qualified people have. I would like to know who ever got a job from someone on welfare. Were is the logic from democrats that people on food stamps hire people. The democrats only create government job with less people working to create taxes to pay for it. They have a communist vision for America.
short trus micro bus

Bristow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

President Obama is doing a fine job . Education bills and incentives spur growth where it is needed . The industrial sector... These have seen some change in development of newer technologies. An educated and skilled work force is imparative to sustaning growth and simulating new jobs.

32 months into the presidents term has`nt seen to many booms or expansion markets , mainly becouse some hurdeles have lead to complete stops and ideas are already on the chopping block.

Alot of research and development has been procured but not put into production.( we know what the hold up is and you cannot blame it on ANYONE in Washington DC !

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

short trus micro bus wrote:
President Obama is doing a fine job . Education bills and incentives spur growth where it is needed . The industrial sector... These have seen some change in development of newer technologies. An educated and skilled work force is imparative to sustaning growth and simulating new jobs.
32 months into the presidents term has`nt seen to many booms or expansion markets , mainly becouse some hurdeles have lead to complete stops and ideas are already on the chopping block.
Alot of research and development has been procured but not put into production.( we know what the hold up is and you cannot blame it on ANYONE in Washington DC !
Or, American industry has been sitting on money, and refuses to invest in the USA.
Trickle-down fails again.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent GAP Discussions

Search the GAP Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Retail notes (Jul '13) Jul '13 lovejoy77 1
Nine retailers with the worst customer service (Mar '13) Mar '13 Diane 48
Wal-Mart Nixed Paying Bangladesh Suppliers to F... (Dec '12) Dec '12 suhana 2
Retail sales weather Hurricane Irene, stock mar... (Sep '11) Sep '11 other hauntings 1
Furniture Fair 2011: Innovations mark New York ... (May '11) May '11 ELR 1
Carlos Bravo appointed to the Board of Director... (Jun '10) Jan '11 Bill 2
Gap swaps logo after outcry | The Columbus Disp... (Oct '10) Oct '10 Helping others 2
•••
•••