With corporate help, Obama announces ...

With corporate help, Obama announces actions on renewable energy

There are 90 comments on the Reuters story from May 9, 2014, titled With corporate help, Obama announces actions on renewable energy. In it, Reuters reports that:

President Barack Obama on Friday will announce executive orders to increase the use of solar panels, boost energy efficiency in federal buildings and train more people to work in the renewable energy field, the White House said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

boo ya

Charleston, SC

#47 May 11, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody has any objection to alternative energy,
Just where it's located.

Nowhere seems acceptable......
xxxrayted

Berea, OH

#48 May 11, 2014
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
I would feel even better if you woud STFU... LOL!
OH trust me, I'm sure you would.
xxxrayted

Berea, OH

#49 May 11, 2014
just curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You have that right. Maybe his Muslim friends will give him a solar power system as a house warming gift.
Or an I-Pod with all of Obama's non-accomplishments.
Solarman

La Quinta, CA

#51 May 11, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody has any objection to alternative energy, we have objections to the cost of alternative energy.
Liberals just don't understand that there is nothing on earth more reliable, more cost effective, more plentiful and powerful than oil and natural gas. Energy costs are high enough without making them even higher.
DumBama is having solar panels installed on the White House. What a generous guy with our money. Well I'll install solar panels on my house too if the taxpayers are going to pay for it. I bet after he leaves the White House and moves to his own place, you won't see one solar panel on his new home. He'll have to pay for it.
"Liberals don't understand...." WHAT in the HELL is WRONG with YOU? We condition our indoor and living spaces from the effects of the sun beating down on the buildings, the wind making our living spaces cold. The MOST powerful and plentiful power source is the very thing we use nuclear, burn coal and natural gas to generate enough energy to condition our living spaces. Instead of being institutionalized and STUPID, use the very energy source that makes living spaces uncomfortable, to air condition the space.
As far as installing solar on one's house, are you or are you not a taxpayer, ratepayer? Then you've probably paid several thousand dollars over the years for energy efficiency programs. When was it you were going to get off of your lazy azz and claim YOUR money? Or are you that Liberal with your money? Get a little education before you say anymore stupid stuff. www.dsireusa.org ; Pay particular attention to the FTC of 30% for energy efficiency programs, then there are also State and sometimes local programs and tax breaks. You're just as dumb as others who have pushed the idea "W" was all about "big oil" and anti alternative energy. Look up W's retirement home in Crawford Texas once called the Western Whitehouse. It was built with energy efficiency and sustainability in mind. Your problem X is you don't pay attention to what people are DOING, not what some talk show host blows out there for public consumption. So, X you pay fees and taxes year after year, then let YOUR tax money set there, that's pretty Liberal of you to do that. Then you sit on your thumbs, back up the position of the fossil fuel industry and DO NOTHING to get your money back or use it for YOUR advantage. That's pretty Conservative. So, which are you, Liberal or Conservative? Probably neither, right? You've thrown your leg over a horse named dumbass and are proudly riding off into the sunset.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#52 May 11, 2014
Solarman wrote:
<quoted text>"Liberals don't understand...." WHAT in the HELL is WRONG with YOU? We condition our indoor and living spaces from the effects of the sun beating down on the buildings, the wind making our living spaces cold. The MOST powerful and plentiful power source is the very thing we use nuclear, burn coal and natural gas to generate enough energy to condition our living spaces. Instead of being institutionalized and STUPID, use the very energy source that makes living spaces uncomfortable, to air condition the space.
As far as installing solar on one's house, are you or are you not a taxpayer, ratepayer? Then you've probably paid several thousand dollars over the years for energy efficiency programs. When was it you were going to get off of your lazy azz and claim YOUR money? Or are you that Liberal with your money? Get a little education before you say anymore stupid stuff. www.dsireusa.org ; Pay particular attention to the FTC of 30% for energy efficiency programs, then there are also State and sometimes local programs and tax breaks. You're just as dumb as others who have pushed the idea "W" was all about "big oil" and anti alternative energy. Look up W's retirement home in Crawford Texas once called the Western Whitehouse. It was built with energy efficiency and sustainability in mind. Your problem X is you don't pay attention to what people are DOING, not what some talk show host blows out there for public consumption. So, X you pay fees and taxes year after year, then let YOUR tax money set there, that's pretty Liberal of you to do that. Then you sit on your thumbs, back up the position of the fossil fuel industry and DO NOTHING to get your money back or use it for YOUR advantage. That's pretty Conservative. So, which are you, Liberal or Conservative? Probably neither, right? You've thrown your leg over a horse named dumbass and are proudly riding off into the sunset.
If you're attempting to convince others, name calling won't help you. I stopped reading at your second insult.

btw, your writing sucks. Proofread before posing.
Solarman

La Quinta, CA

#53 May 11, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're attempting to convince others, name calling won't help you. I stopped reading at your second insult.
btw, your writing sucks. Proofread before posing.
Blow me troll, is that to the level that YOU can understand. Are we done or do you want some more? Anything on solar or are you just a paper grading be-ach?

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#54 May 11, 2014
Solyndra is back!
xxxrayted

Berea, OH

#55 May 11, 2014
Solarman wrote:
<quoted text>"Liberals don't understand...." WHAT in the HELL is WRONG with YOU? We condition our indoor and living spaces from the effects of the sun beating down on the buildings, the wind making our living spaces cold. The MOST powerful and plentiful power source is the very thing we use nuclear, burn coal and natural gas to generate enough energy to condition our living spaces. Instead of being institutionalized and STUPID, use the very energy source that makes living spaces uncomfortable, to air condition the space.
As far as installing solar on one's house, are you or are you not a taxpayer, ratepayer? Then you've probably paid several thousand dollars over the years for energy efficiency programs. When was it you were going to get off of your lazy azz and claim YOUR money? Or are you that Liberal with your money? Get a little education before you say anymore stupid stuff.
You are advising somebody to get an education with this atrocious writing? I don't even know WTF you're talking about. Voice recognition doesn't work good for blogs.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#56 May 11, 2014
Solarman wrote:
<quoted text>Blow me troll, is that to the level that YOU can understand. Are we done or do you want some more? Anything on solar or are you just a paper grading be-ach?
Waa, waa, waa...

Another child having a snit.

Go watch Spongebob.
Solarman

La Quinta, CA

#57 May 11, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
You are advising somebody to get an education with this atrocious writing? I don't even know WTF you're talking about. Voice recognition doesn't work good for blogs.
Sorry, Mothra, I'm used to working with adults that don't need everything broken down into bullet points to accommodate their ADHD, MTV sound bite attention span. So, you didn't even bother to click on www.dsireusa.org ? That alone explains why YOU don't know WTF is going on.
Solarman

La Quinta, CA

#58 May 11, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Waa, waa, waa...
Another child having a snit.
Go watch Spongebob.
So, "proofread before (posing)". Yeah you're real adult, whaaa, whaaaaa, whaaaaaa, call a whambulance for you sparky. Anything, anything on solar, no, didn't think so.
xxxrayted

Berea, OH

#59 May 11, 2014
Solarman wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry, Mothra, I'm used to working with adults that don't need everything broken down into bullet points to accommodate their ADHD, MTV sound bite attention span. So, you didn't even bother to click on www.dsireusa.org ? That alone explains why YOU don't know WTF is going on.
No, I didn't know WTF was going on because you don't know how to write. And what is this web site supposed to tell me? Be specific as it relates to what I posted.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#60 May 11, 2014
Solarman wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry, Mothra, I'm used to working with adults that don't need everything broken down into bullet points to accommodate their ADHD, MTV sound bite attention span. So, you didn't even bother to click on www.dsireusa.org ? That alone explains why YOU don't know WTF is going on.
I'll agree... you're sorry.

Go peddle your blather elsewhere. I'm done wasting time with you.
Solarman

La Quinta, CA

#61 May 11, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I didn't know WTF was going on because you don't know how to write. And what is this web site supposed to tell me? Be specific as it relates to what I posted.
You would have to be able to click on the link and follow the directions. That seems to be a problem for you. What you posted was uninformed crap, the www.dsireusa.org link gives you information on what energy efficiency programs are available for each State in the Union.
Solarman

La Quinta, CA

#62 May 11, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll agree... you're sorry.
Go peddle your blather elsewhere. I'm done wasting time with you.
That's a lie, you're not finished sweety. You just can't focus on the topic at hand. Anything, anything on solar?
xxxrayted

Berea, OH

#63 May 11, 2014
Solarman wrote:
<quoted text> You would have to be able to click on the link and follow the directions. That seems to be a problem for you. What you posted was uninformed crap, the www.dsireusa.org link gives you information on what energy efficiency programs are available for each State in the Union.
There are no instructions--only hyper links. And I have better things to do than rummage through your site hoping I could stumble on a point that you don't even make. If you have a point, be specific. Give some examples of what you're talking about.
Shinichiro Takizawa

Sendai, Japan

#64 May 11, 2014
Wars, nuclear-power-plant-disasters, huge-earth-quakes and huge-natural-disasters must occur in Japan, China, Taiwan, South-Korea, Germany and Russia now!

Wars, nuclear-power-plant-disasters, huge-earth-quakes and huge-natural-disasters in Japan, China, Taiwan, South-Korea, Germany and Russia
will cause reonstruction-demands in Japan, China, Taiwan, South-Korea, Germany and Russia!

Wars, nuclear-power-plant-disasters, huge-earth-quakes and huge-natural-disasters in Japan, China, Taiwan, South-Korea, Germany and Russia
will increase Japan, China, Taiwan, South-Korea, Germany and Russia domestic-demands!

will decrease supplies from Japan, China, Taiwan, South-Korea, Germany and Russia!

Japan must have military-draft-system of Japan in Japan now!
All Japs, all Japanese-men, all Japanese-women, all Japanese-boys and all apanese-girls except mental-patients must be drafted by Japanese-Forces now!

Japan, South-Korea, Taiwan and Germany must increase their military-budgets and military-forces now!
Japan, South-Korea, Taiwan, British, Italy and Germany must protect Japan, South-Korea, Taiwan, British, Italy and Germany by themselves!

We are American-99%!
I love the U.S.!
I love Americna-99%!
I too am one of American-99%!

Remember Pearl Harbor!
China, Taiwan, Japan, South-Korea , Germany and Russia are evil-fascism-communism-empires !
Finally, Japan will be destroyed!

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#65 May 11, 2014
WAIT! New scientific studies show wind turbine farms create climate change. Now WTF do we do?
Shinichiro Takizawa

Sendai, Japan

#67 May 11, 2014
We American-99% need another subprime-mortgage-crisis.
We American-99% had a chance to change at subprime-mortgage-crisis (bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers) in 2008.
But, we had wasted the chance.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#68 May 12, 2014
Solarman wrote:
<quoted text> That's a lie, you're not finished sweety. You just can't focus on the topic at hand. Anything, anything on solar?
Mothra keeps complaining that he/she wastes his/her time and blames others for it. I fully support his/her intention to take charge and stop doing that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Goldman Sachs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gary Cohn Says He'll Stay Because Neo-Nazis Won... Aug '17 C Kersey 1
News Ann Coulter Might Dump Her 'Emperor God' Trump ... Aug '17 C Kersey 2
News Charlottesville violence revives painful past f... Aug '17 Timmy 2
News Share on LinkedIn Aug '17 positronium 13
News Trump names Wall Street lawyer Clayton as SEC c... (Jan '17) Jul '17 capitalism unfair 15
News Trump holds campaign-style rally in Iowa Jun '17 FireyFellow44 7
News Man charged in Hinsdale slaying wants speedy tr... Jun '17 maureen 1
More from around the web