Report: Half of All Homes Are Being Purchased With Cash

The Goldman Sachs analysis says that the all-cash share of sales has more than doubled over the past seven years. Full Story
BlameItOnTheFren ch

Bryn Mawr, PA

#1 Aug 17, 2013
This is a good thing because it will lower prices and people won't have to mortgage their future only the house itself.

People don't understand the value of cash and consumerism. Or free market for that matter. I have people complaining to me I'm cheap because I won't take out loans or buy on impulse with a credit card. Yet I'm the one with good credit and cash. They keep on telling me what I ought to be buying regardless of costs.

I have a neighbor in debt, underwater and unemployed telling me I need 'to sacrifice' or 'just do it' and buy optional services and repairs for my in the hopes when he sells or refinances he gets more. He over payed for his house at the peak of the housing boom with hopes of flipping. It's at least his second home and third or fourth property.

Cash is good. Cash is pure free market.
QUITTNER

Toronto, Canada

#2 Aug 18, 2013
4:11 am, Sunday, August 18th, 2013:
RE: Report: Half of All Homes Are Being Purchased With Cash
..... There used to be SINKING FUNDS. People saved and saved and saved and only when they had saved enough then they purchased. Running into debt can be very expensive. Storekeepers who advocate a "buy now, pay later" policy can go to ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Goldman Sachs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
5 Things to Know About Big Banks, the Federal R... Nov 22 Wall street Cheat... 4
Senate Democrats blast New York Fed over bank r... Nov 21 radiofreeamerica 1
UPDATE 2-Goldman Sachs defeats appeal over coll... Nov 13 Philip Cohen 1
Goldman called clients 'muppets,' ex-executive ... (Mar '12) Nov 13 Swedenforever 65
US dollar drops most in a decade (Nov '08) Nov 5 Beaks 2
Senate Panel to Hold Hearing on Regulators' Tie... Nov 1 Le Jimbo 2
Hedge Funds Cut Bullish Bets on Crude as Prices... Oct '14 harvinedhalmon 1

Goldman Sachs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE