Gm hiring process for Brownstown Batt...
wayne

Starkville, MS

#22 May 18, 2011
diane no they didnt send me for that yet
Diane

Clio, MI

#23 May 18, 2011
Thanks...good luck!!
ken

Highland Park, MI

#24 May 18, 2011
Does anyone know when exactly the other shift is supposed to start and how many people they are actually lookin to hire?
Ramon

Okemos, MI

#25 May 18, 2011
Hay Ken im wondering the the same exact question I called the 1800 number and they told me they didnt know but I figure that GM has the call center for a reason and I also heard they are alot of people in the hiring pool.
ken

Highland Park, MI

#26 May 18, 2011
Ramon have you had the face to face interview wit samantha?
Ramon

Okemos, MI

#27 May 18, 2011
No I just had a phone interview and they sent me a letter that said im eligible and gave me a 1800 to a call center my guess is they are starting a hiring pool but have you had a face to face?
ken

Highland Park, MI

#28 May 19, 2011
Yeah i had the face to face but it was just a second interview she really didnt give a time table guess we just have to be really patient. I really want to know if we dont get picked for the battery plant can we get chose for the hamtramk plant since we will still be in the system????????
former chrysler worker

Toledo, OH

#29 May 19, 2011
to everyone wondering i passed all test had my phone interview and face to face with samantha...she called me personally for the face to face interview DDI isn't making those calls they are giving you the wrong info ALL calls after you complete the test and PASS will come from GM personally...i was told by samantha she will be hiring 65 more people between this summer and fall starting with 3rd shift starting pay 11.75 with benefits from day one...all pay and benefits could change depending on the union talks for the brownstown plant NOT the national talks the starting pay and benefits may go up depending on the contract talks...hope this info helps :)
Ramon

United States

#30 May 19, 2011
So my question to Ken and Former Chrysler worker DO you think im screwed because I never had a interview with Samatha and I was just told to call the 1800 call center number or is this some different part of it?
ken

Highland Park, MI

#31 May 19, 2011
Thanks former chrysler worker for the info ramon just be patient and wait on her call. It will be a minute for the start dates because today the announced the were going to shut down the hamtramk plant for the whole month of june to update the plant to be able to produce more volts. Then i think they will be off two more weeks in july so we are lookin at late summer. so keep your other job options open!!!!!!
Ramon

Detroit, MI

#32 May 20, 2011
So I wonder if we can go to the Hamtramack assembly plant if they dont call us for the battery plant?
ken

Highland Park, MI

#33 May 20, 2011
Good ?
former chrysler worker

Toledo, OH

#34 May 21, 2011
hey Ramon you can't be considered for work at ANY other GM plant unless you have a referral from each plant so you would have to know someone at each plant to get a referral.i wanted to be considered for GM toledo powertrain but i couldn't get a referral.romulus engine is also looking for people and you DO-NOT need a referral just send your resume to the HR dept it wouldn't hurt to send a copy of your DDI letter along with your resume i sent mine 3 weeks ago.
Ramon

Southgate, MI

#35 May 21, 2011
Former chrysler worker I might send my Resume and DDI letter to the Hamtramack plant but I figure if the Hamtramack plant is retooling for more Volt car production then that means the battery plant should be adding more people so im just trying to be pateint the only reason im worried is because most people said they already had two interviews and I only had one. But I was informed I was placed in a hiring pool through the DDI call center.
wayne

Starkville, MS

#36 May 22, 2011
former chrysler worker can you send me the address you sent your resume to in romulus and hamtramack i think i might to the same thing thank you
Chuck

United States

#37 May 23, 2011
I also have been threw process and have not been invited for a second interview the "face to face" and from the way the posts read on here no one has been in for a physical or drug testing so. My humble opinion is until someone comes on here and states they are now employed at browns town we are still playing the waiting game. I have been able to find work in the mean time so the wait doesn't seem so painful now but I understand the frustration. I'm looking forward appreciate all of the input from everyone. hopefully we all get hired and able to look back on this at GM and share laugh about it. Good luck everyone.
Ramon

United States

#38 May 23, 2011
I hope they call all of us to chuck soon
One of Many

Dearborn, MI

#39 May 25, 2011
Ramon wrote:
I hope they call all of us to chuck soon
I hope they call soon I had the face to face and was told the 2nd shift was starting in June
Ramon

Detroit, MI

#40 May 25, 2011
when did you have the face to face
One of Many

Dearborn, MI

#41 May 26, 2011
Ramon wrote:
when did you have the face to face
March 24th

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

General Motors Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Recent flint and Lansing Applicants. 8 hr Lee 86
News General Motors Company (GM) Bringing Car Sharin... Sun true 2
Sunfire won't run? (Oct '06) May 20 Pineywoods 159
Temps from the old willow run in Ypsilanti, mi ... May 20 Blazer 1
Gm hiring process number May 20 Bpmarsee13 1
hiring process (Mar '15) May 20 Bpmarsee13 43
General Motors assessment test for the Hamtramc... (Oct '15) May 19 kenzies_mommie 119
More from around the web