Gm hiring process for Brownstown Batt...

Gm hiring process for Brownstown Battery plant

Posted in the General Motors Forum

First Prev
of 19
Next Last
Ramon

United States

#1 Apr 2, 2011
Hello everyone I recently applied for a production position at the Brownstown Battery plant in Michigan. I was called and completed a written test and mock assembly test through DDI and then gm sent me a letter in the mail that stated that I completed the process but it did state that this was not a garuntee of employment but I would be eligible for a possition in the future. I called the 1800 number and the represenative stated that I would be placed on a waiting list and when the Brownstown plant start hiring I would be called in. My question is to anyone has gone through or is familiar with this hiring process. I just need a real answer thank you
Sparky

Riverview, MI

#2 Apr 16, 2011
Ramon,

I work there and I know the process is very aggravating , but if you passed all the test you should of gotten a interview at the plant. They are currently rampping up to fill other shifts so you may be gettig a call for an interview. I hope this helps !!!
Diane

Clio, MI

#3 Apr 26, 2011
I have also applied and tested. A lady named Samantha called for an appointment when I was not home. I have been trying to reach her and only get her voice mail. I am afraid I might have missed my chance!! I keep calling and leaving my name and number! What else can I do???
Ramon

United States

#4 Apr 29, 2011
Well I had a phone interview and they sent me a letter that said Im eligible and I would be placed on a list/hiring pool if positions become available I would be called. I call this 1800 once a week but they always tell me Brownstown is currently not hiring yet.
Chuck

United States

#5 Apr 29, 2011
In regards to the post by Ramon I have also been threw the same steps as you and I called today and received the same message from the 1800 number so the pain is shared. Waiting on a job is frustrating but I guess the up side to it is we know at some point it will happen but the when aspect is the real kicker. I really hope we get a call soon. Just pray it happens before the next set of bills roll in. I'll be sure to update if I get any further news.
Ramon

Detroit, MI

#6 Apr 29, 2011
Yeah Chuck I hope they call us soon because my unemployment is about to run out so im praying. But im surprised that its not that many post on here concerning this topic. It would be great if they gave us some type of time frame just be straight up with us.
George

Dearborn, MI

#7 May 12, 2011
I would like to know where I can apply can anyone help me out thank you
wayne

Wayne, MI

#8 May 12, 2011
hello i did the same steps waiting on Gm I HAD THE FACE TO FACE BUT SHE SAID IN JUNE MAYBE A 3RD SHIFT BUT STILL WAITING
Ramon

United States

#9 May 13, 2011
Hold on so let me get this right there are already 2 shifts at the Brownstown battery plant and Im starting to wonder because I never received the face to face interview mine was just over the phone but my question to you is did you apply for a production postion or a skilled level position.
wayne

Starkville, MS

#10 May 14, 2011
it was production
Ramon

Detroit, MI

#11 May 14, 2011
have you heard anything new about the extra shift yet
Ramon

United States

#12 May 15, 2011
Wayne I noticed that you and one other person that posted on here had face to face interviews. Would it be safe to say that myself and others that went through the process and who were placed on the so called " hiring pool list" would receive a call for work or an interview when they start a new shift. Honestly the way im thinking is the people who had a phone interview and then a face to face will be the people who get called in or could I be wrong? They told me Im eligible and when they have a position available for production I could be called but it also stated it is no gurantee. So I need a real answer at this point
Ramon

United States

#13 May 16, 2011
Wayne did you have a phone interview first then face to face or did you just have a face to face?
Diane

United States

#14 May 16, 2011
I am going by the plant tonight to see if there is an afternoon shift yet!! I still can not get hold of Samantha for my face to face!! Still getting her voicemail.
wayne

Wayne, MI

#15 May 16, 2011
i had the phone than the face to face
Diane

United States

#16 May 16, 2011
Well I went to the plant....3:40pm & there are about 20 cars in the lot. Don't know what to do now. I wish Samantha would return my calls but she won't . I think I missed my chance. Where is Sparky? He said he works there!!
Diane

United States

#17 May 16, 2011
Decided to go back to the plant again at 5:30 and only 2 cars in the lot. So no 2nd shift working yet!!! Maybe it' s not over and we just need to wait longer.
wayne scott

Wayne, MI

#18 May 16, 2011
diane

go to the door and ask for her she seem nice
Diane

Clio, MI

#19 May 17, 2011
Wayne Scott....did they send you for a physical & a drug test yet??
Ramon

United States

#21 May 17, 2011
Im just wondering if GM has plans on calling us people who went through the test and phone interview. Im just wondering why they gave us a number to call and we still get no answers. Im just wondering if this is another way GM is saying I dont have a chance of getting hired. Im just wondering if GM will ever call me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 19
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

General Motors Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
General Motors assessment test for the Hamtramc... (Oct '15) Apr 5 CFM Hopeful 153
News At Wharton, GM Ceo Mary Barra discusses self-dr... Mar 24 Solarman 1
News Car industry veteran Bob Lutz slams Tesla's pro... Jan '18 Solarman 1
1997 GMC Jimmy 4.3 L Vortec (Jul '07) Jan '18 Wdaub18 346
New UAW Forum SITE ! (Apr '09) Oct '17 nola6390 16
Gm Retirees and Medicare (Oct '17) Oct '17 Almostdone 1
romulus powertrain (Jan '17) Sep '17 Spud jr 41