Hey GM $360,000 SAP per employee

Posted in the General Motors Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Walter

Janesville, WI

#1 Dec 20, 2007
You paid it to the Opel workers for buyouts in Europe. We're all equal right?
Walter

Madison, WI

#2 Dec 21, 2007
Come on Detroit. Pay up to all these folks before you finish relocating to China.
Big Guy

Ypsilanti, MI

#3 Dec 22, 2007
Waltie do you really think GM will offer $360,000 to US workers?Really Walt,really? Is your favorite movie "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest"
Walter

Stoughton, WI

#4 Dec 26, 2007
Big Guy wrote:
Waltie do you really think GM will offer $360,000 to US workers?Really Walt,really? Is your favorite movie "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest"
What's good for GM workers at an Opel plant in Germany is good for GM workers in the US.

What have you got against American workers? Afraid they're too smart for your good?:-)
Big Guy

Ypsilanti, MI

#5 Dec 26, 2007
Waltie, I believe the American Workers are the best in the World. But, GM will do what ever they can get away with. That will be in the neighborhood of the last attrition program. GM cleared out 36,000 workers. I live in a real world Waltie. All the countries that pay their workers low wages do so because they can. If these countries were not able to get enough workers at such a low wage they would pay more or move to a country that would . If GM could clear out so many workers on such an offer why would they offer more?
GM knew Germany would not accept a low offer.
Just wait and see Waltie, I don't want to be right but in early January the World will find out if the GM's U.S. workers will accept this offer. Real world Waltie, they will. History repeating its self.
Walter

Stoughton, WI

#6 Dec 27, 2007
Yeah big guy, GM holds the US worker in lesser esteem than just about anywhere else.

$360K SAP is what we deserve, just as the Germans.
Big Guy

Ypsilanti, MI

#7 Dec 27, 2007
Waltie, you don't get it do you? There is no use in re-explaining Economics 101 to you. Just wait until January and you will see GM roll out a similar Attrition Program to the 2006 program. WHY WALTIE BECAUSE GM WORKERS LIKED IT AND 36,000 WORKERS LEFT. IF YOU CAN SELL A PROGRAM FOR LESS WHY WOULD GM PAY MORE, YOU WOULDN'T. UNLESS YOU HAVE NOT TAKEN ECONOMICS 101.
Walter

Stoughton, WI

#8 Dec 27, 2007
Big Guy wrote:
Waltie, you don't get it do you? There is no use in re-explaining Economics 101 to you. Just wait until January and you will see GM roll out a similar Attrition Program to the 2006 program. WHY WALTIE BECAUSE GM WORKERS LIKED IT AND 36,000 WORKERS LEFT. IF YOU CAN SELL A PROGRAM FOR LESS WHY WOULD GM PAY MORE, YOU WOULDN'T. UNLESS YOU HAVE NOT TAKEN ECONOMICS 101.
Hey little guy-typing in CAPS is the online equivalent of screaming. Get over your temper and come on back.

New hires top out @$15 an hr, no pension, and stupid health insurance. GM will save enough in the 1st year to afford $360K buyouts. GM has made enough off it's China production profits for $500K SAP buyouts, and the state's will need the tax money. That's Econ 101; the full picture ain't just about your fat corporate bonus for continuing to rob the worker. Good day!
Big Guy

Ypsilanti, MI

#9 Dec 28, 2007
waltie writes about a $500K buyout,you get more and more out there. You are going to look real smart waltie in January when the offer is simular to the 2006 attrition program. Dream waltie dream. I hope you don't go into the funny farm when your wrong. Reality waltie, don't be a fiction writer. I feel sorry for you waltie you are one stubborn person its all about reality.Why would GM pay more when so many workers will accept it? Come on waltie answer that simple question.
Walter

Stoughton, WI

#10 Dec 28, 2007
Big Guy wrote:
waltie writes about a $500K buyout,you get more and more out there. You are going to look real smart waltie in January when the offer is simular to the 2006 attrition program. Dream waltie dream. I hope you don't go into the funny farm when your wrong. Reality waltie, don't be a fiction writer. I feel sorry for you waltie you are one stubborn person its all about reality.Why would GM pay more when so many workers will accept it? Come on waltie answer that simple question.
How long have you worked on the line "big guy"?

27+ years seniority; $85,000 SAP + full retire ben. and $20K certificate option for new vehicle purchase.

10-27 years; $360,000 SAP +$150 per year of service pension, and $20K vehicle purchase.

0-10 years; $100,000 SAP +$150 per year of service pension.

Those are the demands. Detroit can meet them or negotiate on a National basis.
Big Guy

Ypsilanti, MI

#11 Dec 28, 2007
Big Guy has 29.2 years of service.

waltie you didn't answer my simple question.

Why would GM pay more if so many workers will accept it?

I know you want more and so do I but if GM got away with it in 2006 clearing out 30 % of its work force why offer us more.
Big Guy

Ypsilanti, MI

#12 Dec 28, 2007
waltie,answer as if your a GM spokesperson not an autoworker.
GM is making the offer not you.
GM's business sense not our wishes.
Big Guy

Ypsilanti, MI

#13 Dec 28, 2007
waltie, our UAW has already agreed to this first part of the attrition and we agreed to this in October National Agreement.
Walter

Stoughton, WI

#14 Dec 28, 2007
Big Guy wrote:
I know you want more and so do I but if GM got away with it in 2006 clearing out 30 % of its work force why offer us more.
Big Guy; IF you've got 29.5 years of service, you've got some balls. You've got the balls to ask for more and refuse what they're offering. Why ask for more? Beacause they're gonna save a gigantic SHITLOAD more money than they'll be paying out for SAP, that's why!

Hey Detroit!!; You want to scrap all my benefits like pension, decent healthcare, and a good wage? It's gonna cost you.

Se above $$$ figures for the demands. That's for a National basis, not on a plant-by-plant basis.
Big Guy

Ypsilanti, MI

#15 Dec 29, 2007
Walter cool down and get back on your feet. In one of your other posts you called me a anti-Union scumbag. That could not be farther from the truth.Thru the years I have served on numerous UAW commitees and have served as a long term committee person.In 2007 the UAW membership approved the GM contract. In this agreement(refer to your see highlights you received)the UAW and GM were to enter negotiations on a attrition program rolled out in 2006. No other votes are required Walter. We are at the mercy of the parties. Like it or not, thats it. I hope you voted no in the contact Walter because if you voted yes you approved your fate. Either way your fate is sealed in the new agreements being rolled out. Either sign or don't Walter I wish you the best of luck. I will sign on a simular program. In Solidarity, Big Guy.
Big Guy

Ypsilanti, MI

#16 Dec 29, 2007
Correction on line 6 of my last post.

I forgot to enter---
similar to the one rolled out in 2006.
Walter

Stoughton, WI

#17 Dec 31, 2007
Walter wrote:
<quoted text>
10-27 years; $360,000 SAP +$150 per year of service pension, and $20K vehicle purchase.
0-10 years; $100,000 SAP +$150 per year of service pension.
Those are the demands. Detroit can meet them or negotiate on a National basis.
Hey Detroit; If you can't invest in the USA factories, engineers, or design, how about investing in your future Chinese facilities by buying out your American workers?!:-)
Billy

Ypsilanti, MI

#18 Jan 2, 2008
Hey McFar off land,

You have no say. The UAW and GM have already done there deal and will let you know soon. Look for 35,000 on 30 years.
Walter

Stoughton, WI

#19 Jan 2, 2008
Hey Billy nilly; Wall Street has "the say", and it says GM @$24 a share. If their plan is so inceredible and pulling them into the great profit zone in the automotive sky, why does Wall St. say," GM, you suck Chinese cockroach. Big Time!"

ey Billy? Need some more Chinese fortune cookies before you repry, to fuel you up smahhty pants?!

Billy

Ypsilanti, MI

#20 Jan 2, 2008
Are you OK? I think you have gone off the deep in.Only GM and the UAW have a say, just like in 2006.Remember or do you have selective memory. Is there any reason to your madness. I have read some of your posts and you are just a blowhard radical that will not listen to reason.Is this about a $360,000 buyout forum or not? In which you are going to look bad when GM/UAW come out with their $35,000,or will you remember about your 360,000 then.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

General Motors Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Romulus Apps. (Feb '16) Tue Shawanalove 14
GM Pontiac Stamping Plant Tue Gmhopeful 6
General Motors assessment test for the Hamtramc... (Oct '15) Tue Gmhopeful 141
Gm hiring process for Brownstown Battery plant (Apr '11) Nov 30 KrisR 362
hiring process (Mar '15) Nov 28 YezBaby 60
Spring Hill, TN applicants (Dec '15) Nov 21 Jabba 323
Recent flint and Lansing Applicants. (Jan '16) Nov 18 Ladiesman217 106
More from around the web