2010 Chevrolet Equinox Great Reviews

There are 191 comments on the www.autoweek.com story from Jan 20, 2010, titled 2010 Chevrolet Equinox Great Reviews . In it, www.autoweek.com reports that:

Perfection at GM, and zip ties are not an option.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.autoweek.com.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#1 Jan 20, 2010
Great vehicle, good build quality, and no zip ties. Welcome back to the game GM, good job on the new Equinox. Keep up the good work.
whatever

Lincolnshire, IL

#2 Jan 20, 2010
JJFADS wrote:
Great vehicle, good build quality, and no zip ties. Welcome back to the game GM, good job on the new Equinox. Keep up the good work.
Did you just get your information from an article and not from the source??? Didn't you just chastise me for doing that same exact thing??? Hmmmmm...the pot calling the kettle black...again. Uh-oh that's gonna earn me some a demerit in the form of negative judging isn't it? D'oh!

Anyway, we'll have to see about this vehicle. Looks like it's an improved product over the 1st generation. GM desperately needs all the improvement it can get from its vehicles.

Dallas, TX.

#3 Jan 20, 2010
Sales support the evidence, in data we trust. I have the data, and you do not.
whatever

Lincolnshire, IL

#4 Jan 20, 2010
Post the data then big shot. Otherwise shut it.

Dallas, TX.

#7 Jan 20, 2010
waiting

Dallas, TX.

#8 Jan 20, 2010
Not to add insult to injury, but there are only 13 days in the field for the Equinox. Yes yes I realize you don’t know what that means due to the fact that you have never worked in this industry and you know nothing about automobile manufacturing, however it’s a very telling stat that once again you know nothing of what you attempt to discuss.
Get a subscription or maybe a book.

You are dismissed.
whatever

Lincolnshire, IL

#9 Jan 21, 2010
JJFADS wrote:
Not to add insult to injury, but there are only 13 days in the field for the Equinox. Yes yes I realize you don’t know what that means due to the fact that you have never worked in this industry and you know nothing about automobile manufacturing, however it’s a very telling stat that once again you know nothing of what you attempt to discuss.
Get a subscription or maybe a book.
You are dismissed.
Wow! Maybe that 20 foot extension ladder ISN'T enough to help you down from your high horse. Let's see. First you dismiss anyone that quotes a third party source, then you turn around and do it yourself. Then you dismiss anyone who goes out and reads to do their own research on subjects and now you turn around and tell people that they don't know anything and that they should go out and read. Let's not forget that you want to make these forums informational, but then we all watch you do a 180 and make fun of others and slam one and only one auto company.

You're are the true definition of hypocrite. You absolutely HATE anyone that challenges you. It's a two-way street bub. Get used to it.
Stop It

Toronto, Canada

#10 Jan 21, 2010
For JJFADS and Whatever:

No disrespect intended, but....
Why don't you both just give it a break for a while?
You're each starting to act like a couple of kids, arguing over meaningless nonsense.

And JJ, I heard you say a while ago you were gonna stop the silliness.
What happened to that promise?
whatever

Lincolnshire, IL

#11 Jan 21, 2010
Stop It wrote:
For JJFADS and Whatever:
You're each starting to act like a couple of kids, arguing over meaningless nonsense.
I would, but he stated it! haha...
whatever

Lincolnshire, IL

#12 Jan 21, 2010
Stop It wrote:
For JJFADS and Whatever:
*started*. Slight misspelling in my previous response. I blame the keyboard not me. haha...
Stop It

Tecumseh, Canada

#13 Jan 21, 2010
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I would, but he stated it! haha...
Excuses don't count.
No matter who started it, it doesn't change the fact that you're both behaving like a couple of pre-pubescent teenagers.

I find it intersting that one of you already admitted it as foolish nonsense and insisted he'd abandon it.
But for all intents and purposes JJ's right back at it.
Enough said.

Dallas, TX.

#14 Jan 21, 2010
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Maybe that 20 foot extension ladder ISN'T enough to help you down from your high horse. Let's see. First you dismiss anyone that quotes a third party source, then you turn around and do it yourself. Then you dismiss anyone who goes out and reads to do their own research on subjects and now you turn around and tell people that they don't know anything and that they should go out and read. Let's not forget that you want to make these forums informational, but then we all watch you do a 180 and make fun of others and slam one and only one auto company.
You're are the true definition of hypocrite. You absolutely HATE anyone that challenges you. It's a two-way street bub. Get used to it.
My source is the source. You can find the information in the public records that were released. You not need to go through a third party.

My take is not to argue with the fellow. It’s simply to get him to look at things in another light. Everything that is said that he doesn’t agree with is either disputed or the subject matter is changed.

I.e. the Venza has poor build quality. His response,“but GM has bad build quality.”

You see where I’m going here?

Yesterday I posted all types of positive stories, and yet the only stories that received play were the negative Toyota stories. That is not my issue.

Dallas, TX.

#15 Jan 21, 2010
Stop It wrote:
For JJFADS and Whatever:
Come on, I started the thread as a positive, and then received scorn and >false< accusations about third party sources. That’s a blatant lie and you expect me to just roll over and let the guy ramble on endlessly? Sure I suppose we could do that but where is the justice?

When does the time come when someone steps up and say’s “you were right and I was wrong?”

No, all we get is more of the same. Look at the posts from yesterday. They tell a story.
Stop It

Tecumseh, Canada

#16 Jan 21, 2010
JJFADS wrote:
<quoted text>Come on, I started the thread as a positive, and then received scorn and >false< accusations about third party sources. That’s a blatant lie and you expect me to just roll over and let the guy ramble on endlessly? Sure I suppose we could do that but where is the justice?
When does the time come when someone steps up and say’s “you were right and I was wrong?”
No, all we get is more of the same. Look at the posts from yesterday. They tell a story.
I thought better of you, butI guess it's your choice, and I can't blame you for feeling the way you do.
Nevertheless, we can't control how we think and feel, but we can control how we act, right?.
Try asking yourself if this nonsense is worth acting foolishly.
Please--don't take offense--it isn't intended.
I've said enough.
whatever

Lincolnshire, IL

#17 Jan 21, 2010
JJFADS wrote:
<quoted text>My source is the source. You can find the information in the public records that were released. You not need to go through a third party.
My take is not to argue with the fellow. It’s simply to get him to look at things in another light. Everything that is said that he doesn’t agree with is either disputed or the subject matter is changed.
I.e. the Venza has poor build quality. His response,“but GM has bad build quality.”
You see where I’m going here?
Yesterday I posted all types of positive stories, and yet the only stories that received play were the negative Toyota stories. That is not my issue.
Don't try and back pedal now chief. You have such laser focus on pointing out anything and everything bad with Toyota. It's your life's mission, YET if I point out something bad about GM all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. Get my drift there buddy? You probably don't. So don't try and spin it. We know what you do and we've seen it time and time again on these forums. I'm just calling you out.

Stop it -- I know what you are trying to do and you have very good intentions and it's appreciated, but some people live by the "do as I say, not as I do" quote.

Dallas, TX.

#18 Jan 21, 2010
Stop It wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought better of you, butI guess it's your choice, and I can't blame you for feeling the way you do.
Nevertheless, we can't control how we think and feel, but we can control how we act, right?.
Try asking yourself if this nonsense is worth acting foolishly.
Please--don't take offense--it isn't intended.
I've said enough.
Your words are refreshing. With that said, might we look at it another way?

One just needs to look at the above comment as example. Accusations and hearsay pertaining to Toyota are used as a battle cry. The poster fails to recognize other stories that were posted yesterday i.e. California backing out of the energy initiative or “Who killed the Mini.” Rather, exception is taken to the Toyota threads, thereby attempting to generate a negative implication regarding a “laser focus” on Toyota of which is certainly not the case. I post the stories, and the public decides where they post.
Stop It

King City, Canada

#19 Jan 21, 2010
I look at it this way JJ.
You seem to really know what you're talking about re auto manufacturing---and about the automotive business in general, so why worry about what others say or think?
And why stoop to silly oneupmanship duels which really prove nothing one way or the other?
It would be interesting to know what you did for GM before getting involved in this forum business--plus what made you decide to become an editor.
Care to share?
Stop It

King City, Canada

#20 Jan 21, 2010
Now how in the heck did that happen?
Sorry for the duplication!

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#21 Jan 21, 2010
Great vehicle Congrats GM!!!!!!!

Dallas, TX.

#22 Jan 22, 2010
Stop It wrote:
I look at it this way JJ.
You seem to really know what you're talking about re auto manufacturing---and about the automotive business in general, so why worry about what others say or think?
And why stoop to silly oneupmanship duels which really prove nothing one way or the other?
It would be interesting to know what you did for GM before getting involved in this forum business--plus what made you decide to become an editor.
Care to share?
Worked at GM via family connection.

Stayed for twelve years at various capacities, beginning in the T&B group.

Worked at a few different plants from Pontiac to Moraine to Arlington and of course Shreveport. Began as a GT in the Materials department and ended as a BM in the Materials department. Oversaw the LOC and CMA – Logistics Optimization Center and Central Materials Area (small lot) in the 355 plant until the GMS system was tweaked and efficient (Global Manufacturing System) and all suppliers were required to move within a radius of the plant. Worked on [line side] inventories, min/max levels, hot shots, and investigated break downs i.e. why would the PPS (Production Pull System) cycle request three parts when the truck rolls off final line and we had only used two. That eventually led to the BM position. Worked a few launches and a build out.

Back into family business-
Currently purchase royalties from producing natural gas wells and sell those royalties as companies to investors. Started with family land- Haynesville Shale- Connection Michigan to East Texas? Dad worked for Western Geophysical and was recruited by GM in the 70’s during the oil crisis.

There you go-

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

General Motors Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vauxhall/GM Marks 90 Year Annivesary as 500 Mil... 18 hr John Jeffery 1
News Barra Says GM Can Earn Better Returns on Its Ow... Tue John Jeffery 1
General Motors Hiring Process DHAM (Mar '13) May 1 thanks 16
News It’s a Sad Day at Toyota (Jun '10) May 1 Not the Windsor R... 1,147
News Did the U.S. auto industry learn anything? Apr 30 TheGeneralBitches 5
News Rosekind to discuss safety issues with auto exe... Apr 29 John Jeffery 1
News Huge Trouble at Foreign Toyota (May '09) Apr 27 Leagle Beagle 315
More from around the web