Burly, thin Gorilla glass may shine i...

Burly, thin Gorilla glass may shine in flat-screen world | The Colu...

There are 3 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Aug 9, 2010, titled Burly, thin Gorilla glass may shine in flat-screen world | The Colu.... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

An ultrastrong glass that has been looking for a purpose since its invention in 1962 is poised to become a multibillion-dollar bonanza for Corning Inc.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Columbus, OH

#1 Aug 9, 2010
Corning has benefited from the stimulus package as part of the energy efficiency credits as well as some of the first time homebuyer tax credits. Not to mention a lot of its research was funded by the Depratment of Defense. I hope when it creates new jobs the expansion @ Kentucky plant was just the first of many steps to bringing some jobs back to the US taxpayer.
The Reporter

Tokyo, Japan

#2 Aug 9, 2010
In the new world order, companies are all about profits, not usually any kind of concern for workers or the country. A company shows concern when they get a tax break or they can pay off a local politician for favors.
yawn whatever

Reynoldsburg, OH

#3 Aug 9, 2010
So there still isn't a real use for this stuff. Unless you consider "picture to the edge" TV screens important? AND it's going to be made in Asia and imported. AND cost more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Corning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ivan (Dec '11) Dec '11 Cindy Segura 2
divorce (Oct '11) Oct '11 family friend 1
News Corning Expects High Demand For TV Glass (Feb '11) Feb '11 newcopswife 1
News Three people, including two Giles County school... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Joey 17
News Corning receives $4.2 million grant to fund park (Nov '10) Nov '10 Respectful effort 26
News Tehama County Police and Fire reports 6-15-10 (Jun '10) Jun '10 Corning Granny 1
News Post a Comment (Jan '10) May '10 nothman 5
More from around the web