Mission is complete for local World W...

Mission is complete for local World War II vet

There are 2 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Apr 3, 2009, titled Mission is complete for local World War II vet. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

Quentin Stambaugh, 85, wears a silver B-25 bomber bolo around his neck. It's a miniature copy of the plane the Jackson Township native logged hundreds of hours in during World War II as a member of the Air Apaches 345th Bombardment Group.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

David

Kissimmee, FL

#1 Apr 3, 2009
My uncle was a rear gunner in one of these birds in Europe. Never talked about it though.
Paul Schultz

Oshawa, Canada

#2 Apr 5, 2009
What a moving article! Please allow me the opportunity to pay my great respects to Mr. Stambaugh. My grandfather was in the Canadian Army (4 years in WWII), and my great-uncle did many crossings of the Atlantic in the Merchant Marine (with German U-boats infesting the seas). Another of my great-uncles was in the Canadian Air Force, assigned to India. May we never forget to pay tribute to these wonderful, volunteer heroes! Those interested in the period might want to check out my new novel, The Fuhrer Virus. It is a fictional spy/conspiracy/thriller for adolescent/adult readers and can be found at www.eloquentbooks.com/TheFuhrerVirus.html , www.amazon.com , and www.barnesandnoble.com .

Thanks!

Paul Schultz

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glatfelter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News After embezzlement case, York County tightens m... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Christian mafia 1
News County employee who embezzled $347K must go to ... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Distrust of Gover... 13
News Inmates nationwide go to court proceedings via ... (May '11) May '11 Jennifer from the... 6
News House Democrats to hold Marcellus Shale hearing... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Voice of Truth 3
News More than 100 -- so far -- help with Codorus cl... (Apr '11) Apr '11 A Brain in York 1
News George H. Glatfelter resigns as chairman of Gla... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Who Cares 1
News April 26 Rootenanny concert to benefit local gr... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Mark DeRose 1
More from around the web