DA to discuss alleged embezzlement by...

DA to discuss alleged embezzlement by former county employee

There are 14 comments on the York Dispatch story from Jan 11, 2011, titled DA to discuss alleged embezzlement by former county employee. In it, York Dispatch reports that:

The results of a criminal investigation into York County's former assistant chief clerk for alleged embezzlement will be announced at 11 a.m. Tuesday by District Attorney Tom Kearney.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at York Dispatch.

lets be real

Westminster, MD

#2 Jan 11, 2011
Wow...how can this woman live with herself? How could she go to work everyday and face her co-workers, let alone just face people in general knowing what she was up to? A long-standing relationship with the community, give me a break. She was taking money for YEARS. What a POS. I don't care if she is "cooperating". She's deceitful and not much of a woman if you ask me. What a smack in the face to our community.
Wow

York, PA

#3 Jan 11, 2011
What a crook. I hope the county gets my tax money back. Good to see the commissioners standing up to the plate and taking responsibility.
4H Farmer

Arlington, VA

#5 Jan 11, 2011
Where were the commissioners for the past 7 years? Riley's good friend, huh?
Deceptive

York, PA

#7 Jan 11, 2011
If the U.S. postal department found the fraud and was responsible for alerting the County, why is she not been tried as a felon under Federal theft statutes.
Seems the deal has already been made to allow her to serve the minimum amount of time allowed by law for violating the public trust. County Commissioner Chronister claims “ we take full responsibility”
Is there not a question of responsibility for lack of oversight and supervision by her immediate supervisor County chief clerk/administrator Charles Noll.
Mr. Noll continues to be paid well over $100,000.00 per year by County taxpayers to ensure our tax dollars are being spent wisely. How is it possible such an act could occur over 800 times during the course of several years amounting to more than a quarter of $1 million of taxpayer funds without her immediate supervisor having any knowledge or taking any responsibility.
Why did the taxpayers elect and pay three County commissioners to oversee County government? Perhaps we should consider the election of one County administrator.
Recently we find the three County commissioners claimed they were not taking their annual salary increase, however, what they failed to tell us was they were taking that increase the following year which I find extremely deceptive.
Perhaps Mr. Noll and the three County commissioners have drank from the taxpayers trough long enough.
I am frankly outraged that Mr. Noll and the board of commissioners think we the taxpayers are that naïve. This act is a violation of the public trust, and Mr. Noll either turning his head or failing to find such blatant fraud within his own department over the course of several years makes it even more questionable.
The obvious attempts to now provide Vicky with the least penalty required for her actions, by a simple statement indicating we take full responsibility I find to be Offensive.
HIH

York, PA

#8 Jan 11, 2011
If you listened to the DA's statement, she's only looking at 9-16 months incarceration and an undetermined period of parole. This on top of ROR. This looks, sounds and smells like it doesn't begin and end with Ms. Glatfelter...she's got the goods on someone...why the "kid glove" treatment??? I hope the Dispatch is willing and able to dig deeper; there is more to this story and the public deserves to know.
Hilda

York, PA

#9 Jan 11, 2011
who is her father?
snowman

York, PA

#10 Jan 11, 2011
Deceptive hit the nail on the head. Why is this not a federal case? Because Ms Vickie has dirt on Commish Riley and others in the county.The deal has been made.Nine months and probation. Resitution at $50.00 a month.If Ms. Vickie is being so coperative why won't she say where the money went? If you know her, you have already figured it out. Gambling and booze.Please remember what goes on here at election time. York Dispatch, find out why the feds are not handling this federal offense.
Dirty Harry

Hershey, PA

#11 Jan 11, 2011
OK,YDR what's it gonna be! Wanna $ell $ome papers....let's get to work on the bottom part of this iceberg
JamesR

Lancaster, PA

#12 Jan 11, 2011
Her pension could be forfeited if the offenses charged are among the offenses listed in the Pension Forfeiture Act.
HIH

York, PA

#13 Jan 12, 2011
From the DA to the Commissioners...nothing but statements of regret and disappointment...why not outrage??? Why is no one in leadership willing to be "pissed off"? Ms. Glatfelter is being handled with extraordinary care. Why???
KathyBeaverson

York, PA

#14 Jan 12, 2011
This is outrageous!!!!! She steals 347K and gets 9 months!!!! She should have to go before a federal judge!!! Just because she worked for the government she should not get away with it!!! I lived in York for 59 years and if I or anyone else did that we would go to the stateor federal penitentiary. WHY SHOULD SHE GET 9 MONTHS!! This is a disgrace for York County!! But what the hell they are all government employees!!!!! SHAME ON YOU!!!!!
lost

Etters, PA

#15 Jan 12, 2011
ok well just give her a slap on the wrist

meanwhile a Detective hooked on Cocaine gets thrown in prison and treated like the worst criminal!
Dirty Harry

Red Lion, PA

#16 Jan 13, 2011
Mr. DA, from what your figures present,she was making $55,732 at her real job,plus $50,000 at her Embezzlement job, which totals $115,732 per year.
Now suppose that $50K, times 7 years =$350.000,was put into a 2.02 % CD for the 84 months that she had it ...we the taxpayers would now have $402,500.
Also Mr. Smith, the lottery tickets she and her cohorts were saving for an office winner. Did that break any laws by lowering this winners tax obligation to the lottery? by submitting fraudulent loosing tickets that he/she did not actually pay for...Sorta like cheating the Seniors out of some of the cash they rely on...Oh that's right she was cheating all of us,seniors included.I worked for the County of York for almost 30 years,retired in 06" and have not had a COLA since.Why? The County is out of money. Commissioners,can you adjust our COLA's now and forward us the money now that you have found Miss Vickie piggy bank.My share would be $1979.00,
Thank you,Harry
Vader

York, PA

#17 Jan 13, 2011
Hilda wrote:
who is her father?
Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father. I am your father.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glatfelter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News After embezzlement case, York County tightens m... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Christian mafia 1
News County employee who embezzled $347K must go to ... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Distrust of Gover... 13
News Inmates nationwide go to court proceedings via ... (May '11) May '11 Jennifer from the... 6
News House Democrats to hold Marcellus Shale hearing... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Voice of Truth 3
News More than 100 -- so far -- help with Codorus cl... (Apr '11) Apr '11 A Brain in York 1
News George H. Glatfelter resigns as chairman of Gla... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Who Cares 1
News April 26 Rootenanny concert to benefit local gr... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Mark DeRose 1
More from around the web