Power out in York County

Power out in York County

There are 57 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Jul 7, 2010, titled Power out in York County. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

Widespread reports of power outages are being reported in York County now. York County 911 is reporting that parts of York, Lower Windsor Township, Springettsbury, West Manchester, Manchester and Dover townships are without power.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Tjs

United States

#1 Jul 7, 2010
It's getting hot!
Autis MMafia

York, PA

#2 Jul 7, 2010
it's not the heat, it is the stupidity
moderate in york

York, PA

#3 Jul 7, 2010
anyone else notice all the typos in this article
My Mother and Others

Conshohocken, PA

#4 Jul 7, 2010
Some people can not handle the heat for health reasons. I hope it comes back on.
Amazed

Mount Wolf, PA

#6 Jul 7, 2010
Pray for everyone involved. Even the workers!!
think for yourself

York, PA

#7 Jul 7, 2010
I just wanna say I drove by the lady pictured at the top. She was working her ass off, felt bad for her. Then just down the street at the T-hill by the Roadhouse. I saw a cop (man) giving a lady a hard time but would not direct traffic.
Shut first energy down

York, PA

#8 Jul 7, 2010
Amazed wrote:
Pray for everyone involved. Even the workers!!
To hell with the Met Ed workers. I am sick and tired of those crooks. On their website. "our energy is working for you." Providing safe and reliable? electric since 1922. Bulls**t. First energy corp is Met Ed's parent company. Google first energy ceo once and see what they paid one pinhead. athony alexander 1 year made 6.5 million. What a crock. I everyone would stop acting like sheep and go after first energy they would be powerless. I wish I knew how to stop payement on their paychecks. They owe us. Jerks!!!!!!
Correction

Thomasville, PA

#9 Jul 7, 2010
Amazed wrote:
Pray for everyone involved. Even the workers!!
ESPECIALLY the workers!!

Since: Jan 08

York

#10 Jul 7, 2010
I have had my power restored for an hour and a half now. Here's to hoping it doesn't go out again. Maybe I'll get lucky. I can't afford for my insulin to go bad.
sammit

York, PA

#11 Jul 7, 2010
Shut first energy down wrote:
<quoted text>
To hell with the Met Ed workers. I am sick and tired of those crooks. On their website. "our energy is working for you." Providing safe and reliable? electric since 1922. Bulls**t. First energy corp is Met Ed's parent company. Google first energy ceo once and see what they paid one pinhead. athony alexander 1 year made 6.5 million. What a crock. I everyone would stop acting like sheep and go after first energy they would be powerless. I wish I knew how to stop payement on their paychecks. They owe us. Jerks!!!!!!
If you are so concerned that you are being taken advantage of by Met Ed rates. Here's my suggestion, MAKE YOUR OWN ELECTRICITY. All you need is a generator and a good supply of fuel (oops) the oil companies are thieves as well according to you.

Instead of complaining about the workers why don't you go out and help the workers. At least offer them a glass of water. At least thank them for their hard work in the heat, cold, rain, snow and idiots like you for b__ing to them about not doing it fast enough
sammit

York, PA

#12 Jul 7, 2010
York Resident wrote:
I have had my power restored for an hour and a half now. Here's to hoping it doesn't go out again. Maybe I'll get lucky. I can't afford for my insulin to go bad.
Todays insulin only goes bad if it gets above 100 (for long periods of time) or freezes. Keep the fridge door closed.
Mr_Scary

Mount Wolf, PA

#13 Jul 7, 2010
I guess Bushis to blame for this too?
Sugar Daddy

Thomasville, PA

#14 Jul 7, 2010
York Resident wrote:
I have had my power restored for an hour and a half now. Here's to hoping it doesn't go out again. Maybe I'll get lucky. I can't afford for my insulin to go bad.
Anyone with insulin dependant diabetes ought to invest in a small, well insulated ice chest and then always make certain that the electric powered freezer is very well stocked with ice cubes.

It's called planning ahead.
Turtle

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Jul 7, 2010
My Mother and Others wrote:
Some people can not handle the heat for health reasons. I hope it comes back on.
You are absolutely right. I know some people on oxygen and if their power goes off they are in big trouble. Some people do not have a generator back up. Thanks to all of the volunteers that took time out to help with traffic control & whatever was needed. It was flippin hot out & they need to be commended for their time.

Since: Jan 08

York

#16 Jul 7, 2010
Sugar Daddy wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone with insulin dependant diabetes ought to invest in a small, well insulated ice chest and then always make certain that the electric powered freezer is very well stocked with ice cubes.
It's called planning ahead.
No need to be rude. I have bottles filled with ice but last I had heard this was expected to go on all night. I wasn't sure how long the insulin would stay chilled. I also wasn't sure how long my power had already been out, and it's not good for insulin to go through temperature changes.

Since: Jan 08

York

#17 Jul 7, 2010
Turtle wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absolutely right. I know some people on oxygen and if their power goes off they are in big trouble. Some people do not have a generator back up. Thanks to all of the volunteers that took time out to help with traffic control & whatever was needed. It was flippin hot out & they need to be commended for their time.
Agreed. I heard on the radio that some people stopped and gave police officers gatorade. I thought that was really nice of them.
Bill

York, PA

#18 Jul 7, 2010
York Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to be rude. I have bottles filled with ice but last I had heard this was expected to go on all night. I wasn't sure how long the insulin would stay chilled. I also wasn't sure how long my power had already been out, and it's not good for insulin to go through temperature changes.
As long as your insulin is in the refrigerater and you don't open the door constanly your insulin will be fine. It would take the power being off for days for the temp in the refrigerator to make it go bad. Like the previouse poster said you have to plan ahead.

“It's 420 here.”

Since: Jun 07

cold comfort farm

#19 Jul 7, 2010
Shut first energy down wrote:
<quoted text>
To hell with the Met Ed workers. I am sick and tired of those crooks. On their website. "our energy is working for you." Providing safe and reliable? electric since 1922. Bulls**t. First energy corp is Met Ed's parent company. Google first energy ceo once and see what they paid one pinhead. athony alexander 1 year made 6.5 million. What a crock. I everyone would stop acting like sheep and go after first energy they would be powerless. I wish I knew how to stop payement on their paychecks. They owe us. Jerks!!!!!!
You really are a candy-assed whiner.
In the thirty plus years I've lived on my farm, I've had power outages...summer and winter, frozen pipes, no well water and everything else.
You should think about your self-centered ego crap. Old folks are in a bind, utility workers are working overtime to correct the problem, but all you can do is bitch, because things don't meet your comfort level.
If you are without power, I hope your house is the last one in the county to get power back, you self centered bastard.
Shut first energy down

York, PA

#20 Jul 7, 2010
I just read one of the pinhead spoke people are talking about rolling power outages. I think we should stop payment on their paychecks at met ed. People at met ed or first energy have no common sense. I am tire of being a sheep. They have better get their head out of their butts. Do you know the lazy workers in the trucks stand outside for 30 minutes and then go home. We are paying those pinheads for what? From what I understand the rates are going up for us useing the wires as they provide power to our homes. So why can't we force them to fix the crap right? Use real wire with insulation? If a transformer catches fire we are not going to replace it. Paying ceo's millions to turn their power off. Jerks.
Shut first energy down

York, PA

#21 Jul 7, 2010
too droll to troll wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are a candy-assed whiner.
In the thirty plus years I've lived on my farm, I've had power outages...summer and winter, frozen pipes, no well water and everything else.
You should think about your self-centered ego crap. Old folks are in a bind, utility workers are working overtime to correct the problem, but all you can do is bitch, because things don't meet your comfort level.
If you are without power, I hope your house is the last one in the county to get power back, you self centered bastard.
Why don't you go f your self. Pay the utility workers $5.15 an hour. They need to be arrested. If they would have done their jobs in the first place this would not happen. Everyone should file a lawsuit against them and shut met ed and all other power companies down. If you live in the city of york go over to the met ed building and watch those lazy workers stand out in the parking lot for 30 minutes then leave. If they are done working why don't they go home? How the hell do you know my age a wipe? I am tired of the crooks at the utility companies. Re-regulate the f out of them now!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glatfelter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News After embezzlement case, York County tightens m... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Christian mafia 1
News County employee who embezzled $347K must go to ... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Distrust of Gover... 13
News Inmates nationwide go to court proceedings via ... (May '11) May '11 Jennifer from the... 6
News House Democrats to hold Marcellus Shale hearing... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Voice of Truth 3
News More than 100 -- so far -- help with Codorus cl... (Apr '11) Apr '11 A Brain in York 1
News George H. Glatfelter resigns as chairman of Gla... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Who Cares 1
News April 26 Rootenanny concert to benefit local gr... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Mark DeRose 1
More from around the web