County lawmaker 'gifts' were bus trip...

County lawmaker 'gifts' were bus trip, use of building

There are 12 comments on the The York Daily Record story from May 6, 2009, titled County lawmaker 'gifts' were bus trip, use of building. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

According to a mandatory statement filed with the State Ethics Commission, state Rep.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

BEK

Scranton, PA

#1 May 7, 2009
Wow, the rules are CLEARLY spelled out but yet again, individuals like Seth Grove (Republican) continue to abuse the system at every turn. I will lay it out for you Sethie Boy, so you can understand- You can attempt to justify your actions but the bottom line is that if you want to have your friends and family travel to see your swearing in ceremony, then open up your damn wallet and pay for it!!!

Unbelievable! And these are the types of people that we are electing to represent us, Geez!

By the way, this guy is another Republican hypocrite, citing his "moral values" and all, but every one of this guys are crooks, all you have to do is give them time to show it. It eventually happens with them all, Democrats too. We all need to WAKE UP and think with our heads when we vote (apparently the good voters in Dover Township were thinking with their a$$e$....)
BEK

Scranton, PA

#2 May 7, 2009
What a set of balls it must take to just to have gotten elected in and then send the bill in for this crap right away! Geez! NO SHAME!!!(reminds of Rush Limpballs...)
Tim Potts

Shippensburg, PA

#3 May 7, 2009
I have a lot of respect for Rep. DePasquale and Rep. Saylor. But they should know that letting the camel's nose under the tent only invites abuse. It is far better to have a clear rule that everyone understands and honors.

For example, when Bob Casey Sr. became governor, his first executive order was to ban all employees in the executive branch from taking anything of value - not even a cup of coffee. That rule lasted for eight years. Everyone knew it. Everyone understood it. Everyone honored it. And no one was harmed by it.

Let's have a simple rule and obey it.
BEK

Scranton, PA

#4 May 7, 2009
They do have rules- guys like this look for every way to abuse the rules or stretch them to suit their personal wants or needs.
George

Marshall, VA

#5 May 7, 2009
BEK wrote:
Wow, the rules are CLEARLY spelled out but yet again, individuals like Seth Grove (Republican) continue to abuse the system at every turn. I will lay it out for you Sethie Boy, so you can understand- You can attempt to justify your actions but the bottom line is that if you want to have your friends and family travel to see your swearing in ceremony, then open up your damn wallet and pay for it!!!
Unbelievable! And these are the types of people that we are electing to represent us, Geez!
By the way, this guy is another Republican hypocrite, citing his "moral values" and all, but every one of this guys are crooks, all you have to do is give them time to show it. It eventually happens with them all, Democrats too. We all need to WAKE UP and think with our heads when we vote (apparently the good voters in Dover Township were thinking with their a$$e$....)
And just as many Dems do the same!
RSR

Falls Church, VA

#6 May 7, 2009
BEK.....please explain where in the article it say's that he broke a rule? If anything he followed the rules...He reported it like required.

At the bottom of the article, if you would have read that far, you would see where they are looking into a blanket rule to disallow all gifts.

When I went to school, we learned not only reading, but comprehension also. That means understanding what you read.
BEK

Scranton, PA

#7 May 7, 2009
George wrote:
<quoted text>And just as many Dems do the same!
"It eventually happens with them all, Democrats too."
Can you not read Georgie? I included the Dems.... ditto head
BEK

Scranton, PA

#9 May 7, 2009
RSR wrote:
BEK.....please explain where in the article it say's that he broke a rule? If anything he followed the rules...He reported it like required.
At the bottom of the article, if you would have read that far, you would see where they are looking into a blanket rule to disallow all gifts.
When I went to school, we learned not only reading, but comprehension also. That means understanding what you read.
Yeah, yeah, yeah genius.
DMT

Camp Hill, PA

#11 May 8, 2009
I had the opportunity to meet with Representative Grove in his district office a few weeks ago to discuss a peice of legislation that was recently introduced in the House of Representatives. Both he and his office staff are friendly and very professional. He and I had a great conversation and I am pleased to call him my state representative. With that being said, I do not fully understand how this made the front page of the local section of the YDR. Rep. Grove listed the full amount of the bus on his ethics statement as required by state law. Do people think that he is going to vote on legislation that benefits Glatfelter because they provided a bus for him and his friends/family on swearing in day. Newsflash people, he would probably vote in favor of legislation that benefits Glatfelter since they are the largest single employer in his district and hundreds of people depend on that employement.
Harry

United States

#12 May 8, 2009
Pious Potts has spoken again but failed to point out that the rules were followed and Representative Grove disclosed as required by law. You should be congratulating legislators who comply with the reporting law, not implying they've done something wrong. There's simply no issue here and you sound like Johnny One Note.
TheKlanMadeMeDoI t

Mechanicsburg, PA

#13 May 8, 2009
Do I need to report the free chicken coupons from the Oprah show?
Smell Of Saylor

Scotch Plains, NJ

#14 May 8, 2009
Grove needs to prove he isn't cut from balllapper Saylor's cloth. He used to work for him and by all accounts acquired most of Saylor's weak chined bad habits. Not a great start Seth. Be your own man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glatfelter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News After embezzlement case, York County tightens m... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Christian mafia 1
News County employee who embezzled $347K must go to ... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Distrust of Gover... 13
News Inmates nationwide go to court proceedings via ... (May '11) May '11 Jennifer from the... 6
News House Democrats to hold Marcellus Shale hearing... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Voice of Truth 3
News More than 100 -- so far -- help with Codorus cl... (Apr '11) Apr '11 A Brain in York 1
News George H. Glatfelter resigns as chairman of Gla... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Who Cares 1
News April 26 Rootenanny concert to benefit local gr... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Mark DeRose 1
More from around the web