Police: Pot plants grown in baskets in trees in Jackson Township

Northern York County Regional Police seized marijuana plants Tuesday after employees of H&H Contracting found them growing from hanging baskets in trees, according to a news release. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Informant

York, PA

#1 Oct 5, 2010
Northern Regional please note that many trees in Northern California now hold the remnants of marijuana growth containers. Marijuana now grows openly in the ground with the support of California law. In fact, I understand this year’s harvest is outperforming the grape harvest. As usual, Pennsylvania is about ten years behind on social trends. That is too bad.
yorkbred

Elmsford, NY

#2 Oct 5, 2010
They should have not did the article, but instead set up hidden cameras in the area and then watched for the people to come back to check the plants.
THe people are not going to come back now!
Informant

York, PA

#3 Oct 5, 2010
Fourteen states and DC have enacted laws that legalize medical marijuana, two additional states have favorable laws toward marijuana.

Decriminalization: The state has decriminalized marijuana to some degree. Typically, decriminalization means no prison time or criminal record for first-time possession of a small amount for personal consumption. The conduct is treated like a minor traffic violation.

Ten years...
yorkbred

Elmsford, NY

#4 Oct 5, 2010
Informant wrote:
Fourteen states and DC have enacted laws that legalize medical marijuana, two additional states have favorable laws toward marijuana.
Decriminalization: The state has decriminalized marijuana to some degree. Typically, decriminalization means no prison time or criminal record for first-time possession of a small amount for personal consumption. The conduct is treated like a minor traffic violation.
Ten years...
Yes for personal uses not this many plant for personal.
john doe 000069

York, PA

#5 Oct 5, 2010
yorkbred wrote:
They should have not did the article, but instead set up hidden cameras in the area and then watched for the people to come back to check the plants.
What do you expect from those pinheads NYCR pigs. With that simpleton getting run over. I hope that woman gets off.

Since: Aug 08

York, PA

#6 Oct 6, 2010
its the upsidedown tomato plant. i saw the infomercial.
acc

Clifton Heights, PA

#7 Oct 6, 2010
who hooked that pine tree to my pot plant?!
oh snap

York, PA

#8 Oct 6, 2010
Agreed, we will see Nov 2 in Cali, things will be all over the place after Prop 19 goes thru!
Concerned Citizen

Mount Laurel, NJ

#9 Oct 6, 2010
What happened to the rest of the plants?
the librarian

Orange City, FL

#10 Oct 6, 2010
How clever. So true, yorkbred. Shouldn't have said anything and just waited for the folks to come back checking on their plants. Sweet!!
Chris Hutton

York, PA

#11 Oct 6, 2010
yorkbred wrote:
They should not have DONE it, either.
do tell

York, PA

#12 Oct 6, 2010
yorkbred wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes for personal uses not this many plant for personal.
And just how many is "this many", oh most excellent noted yorkbred expert on the personal consumption patterns of marijuana users?

Because the article didn't say, and the picture shows TWO.

Don't let any facts get in the way of the conclusions you've clearly come to without them.

One could "personally" use that over a long weekend.
Stubz

Herndon, VA

#13 Oct 6, 2010
Yorkbred has a great point. They should have used those infrared cameras that strap to trees, similar to what hunters use. These cameras blend in nicely to the scenery, don't have flash but instead use an infrared flash that is undetectable to the human eye. They could have setup multiple motion activated cameras in case one of the cameras was spotted. Now this will just be another unsolved, victimless crime for NYCR PD...
newsflash

York, PA

#14 Oct 6, 2010
Even if they had caught the growers in the act, it would still be a victimless crime.
Chong

Ephrata, PA

#15 Oct 6, 2010
Hey Manz, thanks sooo much for sharing dis geerate ideayah!

*puuuuuffff* cough! cough!
Longstreet

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Oct 6, 2010
john doe 000069 wrote:
<quoted text>What do you expect from those pinheads NYCR pigs. With that simpleton getting run over. I hope that woman gets off.
Once again the cloak of an anonymous post to protect the soulless coward you certainly must be.

I remain hopeful at some point in your lonely and miserable existence you have the ability to look inside of yourself and address the deep seeded flaws you exhibit to others on a near constant basis.
Ruff Rider

York, PA

#17 Oct 6, 2010
Innovative to say the least. Pa is behind when it comes to Marijuana. It is what it is, you all are behind in alot of things. When I think of Pa I think of "State Property". Judge Kennedy just found that Marijuana Activist guilty. Don't expect Pa to change its stripes anytime soon.
YEAH

Berwick, PA

#18 Oct 6, 2010
*sigh*, when will this country wake up? The only thing wrong here is that they were grown on private property.
The Great Quaker State

Hanover, PA

#20 Oct 6, 2010
I want every member of the York County Bar association, every sherriff, police officer, district magistrate and judge in the County of York to piss in a cup for me. the only way to get the legislation passed is to tighten the noose around the politicians necks.
Chris Hutton

York, PA

#21 Oct 6, 2010
Longstreet wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again the cloak of an anonymous post to protect the soulless coward you certainly must be.
I remain hopeful at some point in your lonely and miserable existence you have the ability to look inside of yourself and address the deep seeded flaws you exhibit to others on a near constant basis.
The irony of your post is rich!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Glatfelter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
After embezzlement case, York County tightens m... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Christian mafia 1
County employee who embezzled $347K must go to ... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Distrust of Gover... 13
Inmates nationwide go to court proceedings via ... (May '11) May '11 Jennifer from the... 6
House Democrats to hold Marcellus Shale hearing... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Voice of Truth 3
More than 100 -- so far -- help with Codorus cl... (Apr '11) Apr '11 A Brain in York 1
George H. Glatfelter resigns as chairman of Gla... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Who Cares 1
April 26 Rootenanny concert to benefit local gr... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Mark DeRose 1
More from around the web