Globalstar's hidden charges.

Posted in the Globalstar Forum

George

Gypsum, CO

#1 Oct 31, 2011
When Globalstar was going bankrupt they started offering plans for $19.99 a month. Now that they are doing better--Sherry the managers words not mine--they started charging me an additional $4.95 a month for a maintenance charge. The first rep I talked to could not even tell me what that meant. Sherry finally told me that they launched more sattelites and therefore needed more money for maintanance. I told her that I had a contract for one year at $19.99 a month she told me in essence I needed to read the fine print of the contract. Just think if all companies operated like this. You buy a vehicle from Ford for $30,000 six months later Ford calls you and says we found out our cars are better than we thought so now you owe $35,000! Same thing here just less money--same principle. Sherry said she could wave the fee for six months and told me she was "bending over backwards for me"---you want to thank me for my patronage-HONOR THE CONTRACT!!! If I called Globalstar and told them that I now make less money then when I signed up and could not pay my bill I'll bet the contract would be honored then!!! There is a sattelite company out there that is more expensive but with much better service. I will be switching this next March and I will advertise for Globalstar every chance I get.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Globalstar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Globalstar accessory antenna (Oct '08) Oct '08 180pilot 1
News Satellite Phones on TV's 'Lost' Can't Be Real (Feb '08) Mar '08 Gary 15
More from around the web